• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i aint goin to fairhope but i might hit up ttown/huntsville

WHAT UP HVILLE I MISS YALL

also, i am just now realizing that HASL sounds like an actual word when you pronounce it

Last edited:

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was looking at fairhope tourny and it looks nice and all, but too far for me. I think I'm switching from melee to PM for a while, not because it's better, but because it's way more fun for me. Tbh playing a game for 7+ years does get old, and there's no melee scene anyways.

Anyways, see you guys at HASL (jan geo, i want some practice, you too other b'hamers)

Last edited:

Merk

Smash Rookie
psst you guys, I put every Alabama tournament I hear about (plus more around Alabama) on the first post:
http://smashboards.com/threads/alabama-thread.81996/
Which is awesome and incredibly useful, but in fairness, if any other people are like me, they just click to the first unread post via Smashboards notifications, so it's also worth discussing/bringing up in replies.

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
which is the only reason i know about hasl. Hopefully if we get a nice turn out they'll let us do finals in the theater room. They did it last month for Street Fighter and it was hype

DjTieske

Smash Rookie
Yeah, can't wait for the 13th. I think I've convinced a few friends from out of town to drive down here for HASL. Finals in the theater room would be max hype, so I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Yeah, just the date is what I meant, but whatever you think is best. Although personally the Middle Tennessee thread's title is so long that I just don't want to read it.

BondIsTaken

Smash Rookie
Hey there! I just posted this in the New Members forum, but I figure I should post here too! Copy+paste:

Hey there. New here, never played competitive smash in my life. However, I've been playing since 64 and have put well over 1000 hours into 64, melee, and brawl. Missed melee when it originally came out, recently picked it back up with a friend of mine. We've been trying to get better at the game after watching some competitive videos. We know are bad, lol. But we would really like someone other than each other to play against, we know each others habits too well, and playing with people who are better than you is how you get better, right? We live in the Guntersville/Albertville/Boaz area, hit me up! We'd really like to learn how2good@melee.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So is anyone from B'ham actually going to the tusca tournament or am I going alone.
I'm up late tonight, but I'll try to wake up in the morning. $2 entry fees lol, but it should be a good time. I hope you have my number or you can message me on facebook or something.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Hey there!
yo, what's good bond? Do you and your friend have transportation? Because Huntsville isn't to far out from you and they have stuff all the time. I don't think we have any active players Albertville now. Dees actually hosted two tournaments there a while back, but he's moved out.

BondIsTaken

Smash Rookie
yo, what's good bond? Do you and your friend have transportation? Because Huntsville isn't to far out from you and they have stuff all the time. I don't think we have any active players Albertville now. Dees actually hosted two tournaments there a while back, but he's moved out.
Yeah we have transportation. Ill look into some meetups in huntsville, thanks.

Merk

Smash Rookie
Hey so I think @ Zylo Zylo implied he was pooped and would give props/work on the results thread tomorrow, but as one of the other TOs (I was the guy running the brackets 80% of the time, and who was trash and went 2-2 in both main events) I'll just go ahead and thank everyone who came out to the second installment of BiO. Major props to everyone who came from out of town - especially the Birmingham folks who took most of our money and the Huntsville people who made the long trek down to also wreck most of us. Special thanks to everyone who brought a setup (especially for PM - 44 entrants was well above what I had initially expected, and 38 for Melee was nothing to scoff at either). We're trying to work the Tuscaloosa scene back up, obviously, so that's the reason the prize pool was where it was at (IIRC Alex told me he had discussions with Louisiana people about it and they figured $2 was good to build a local scene of newer players and a stable scene can handle the $5-$10).

I've got a few things that I thought - from a TO perspective - went incredibly well, and others that definitely need improved upon, but please feel free to share your thoughts, those of you who went. Again, a big thanks to everyone who did!

EDIT: Oh, and Tuscaloosa is bringing a group of (currently) 5 or so to Huntsville this upcoming weekend, so we'll see you there!

Last edited:

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Wait, were you the fox player in melee, McCloud?
Nah, he only played Falcon in melee as far as I know. Me and @ Zylo Zylo were playing a lot of red suit fox in melee.

Hey so I think @ Zylo Zylo implied he was pooped and would give props/work on the results thread tomorrow, but as one of the other TOs (I was the guy running the brackets 80% of the time, and who was trash and went 2-2 in both main events) I'll just go ahead and thank everyone who came out to the second installment of BiO. Major props to everyone who came from out of town - especially the Birmingham folks who took most of our money and the Huntsville people who made the long trek down to also wreck most of us. Special thanks to everyone who brought a setup (especially for PM - 44 entrants was well above what I had initially expected, and 38 for Melee was nothing to scoff at either). We're trying to work the Tuscaloosa scene back up, obviously, so that's the reason the prize pool was where it was at (IIRC Alex told me he had discussions with Louisiana people about it and they figured $2 was good to build a local scene of newer players and a stable scene can handle the $5-$10).

I've got a few things that I thought - from a TO perspective - went incredibly well, and others that definitely need improved upon, but please feel free to share your thoughts, those of you who went. Again, a big thanks to everyone who did!

EDIT: Oh, and Tuscaloosa is bringing a group of (currently) 5 or so to Huntsville this upcoming weekend, so we'll see you there!
Best. $4. Ever. Spent. :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

I will DEFINITELY be back for more of these!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
What a turnout. I wonder how many people that attended were just UA students who wanted to check out the scene.

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
The Hunstville tourney is this weekend. $5 entry fee for any of the 3 games. Also Nick(Pope) is setting up streams for Saturdaynight Smashs. I'll try to get the link next time we do it

Top Bottom