• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

imrai

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing P:M now in addition to Melee. Hit me up for friendlies whenever, I live in Montgomery and can host almost any time. I have a setup with P:M + melee (and Pokemon Puzzle League if you really want to get bopped). 3343801847.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Player-1 and I are hosting a Brawl/PM tournament in *******, GA on August 16. I know Auburn and Huntsville are bringing cars. I hope other areas will come too, as we are trying to make this as hype as possible.

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-16-2014-smash-of-ages-brawl-project-m-*******-ga.361188/
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/680692301999702/
I *might* go, but it depends on whether or not the rest of the people I travel with want to go and if they're OK with it being no melee.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yo Kalm. It's been a long time bro. Where you stayin at these days?
Hey M3t, it's great to see you're still around. I've been living in Daleville a couple years now, which is right next to Dothan. Pretty much in the same general area since I stopped living in Auburn. I see that you're all the way down in Mobile now?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Awesome, I hope you succeed in doing so. I can't wait for Smash 4, it looks fantastic. Though I'm concerned over the twelve Brawl veterans still not included so far. Including G&W, which I took as a bad sign him being shown the way he was.
Well, more than anything I'm hoping for the online play in general to be much improved.

Last edited:

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, I hope you succeed in doing so. I can't wait for Smash 4, it looks fantastic. Though I'm concerned over the twelve Brawl veterans still not included so far. Including G&W, which I took as a bad sign him being shown the way he was.
Well, more than anything I'm hoping for the online play in general to be much improved.
He's been doing a good job so far from what I've seen.

Also relevant: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/...-be-revealed-next-month-in-corocoro-magazine/

Though they did a reveal before for brawl and didn't have the whole roster then.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
@ Kalm Kalm , there is a picture of a Ness and Dark Pit Amiibo, among others, on a work bench at Sora from many months back, way before the figures were confirmed to be Amiibos. He's also talked about the Ice Climbers and Captain Falcon before in Smash 4 related articles. Going by this, I am sure IC and Ness are likely to come back at least, and if Dark Pit gets a cameo, it could be a good indication for G&W.

Last edited:

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
That's good to hear. I was already sure Ness would return though. My thoughts lead me to believe that the characters least likely to get cut are ROB, Wolf, Lucas, G&W, and ICs. More of the first three because they weren't in Melee. Those are my opinions on the matter.
I also recall hearing a long time back that the roster size won't increase nearly like it did in past games, so on that I was expecting it to stop at maybe around 45 characters. Hopefully that isn't the case since it would mean quite a few cuts assuming 1-3 newcomers are still left. I really do believe there may likely be a lot of cuts though, with most of the cuts characters returning as DLC instead.
I think Wolf, ROB, Toon Link, and maybe also Jiggs were not shown before the release of Brawl? Oh and also Lucario right, except that he was leaked. I'm expecting roughly the same thing for Smash 4. Hype.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Hey M3t, it's great to see you're still around. I've been living in Daleville a couple years now, which is right next to Dothan. Pretty much in the same general area since I stopped living in Auburn. I see that you're all the way down in Mobile now?
If you ever want to play some smash i'm up for it Kalm. I'm living in Enterprise.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Well that's awesome, and also quite unexpected! It's nice to meet you Jethroo, I would love to smash it up sometime. I have always had a severe issue over lack of local people to play with. I work at Walmart in Enterprise right now, so I travel into town almost every day. We can also communicate on Skype, FB, and of course on the phone. I hope we do get to play, and that all of the fun happens.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
I'm guessing this is done on PC? Sounds interesting, are you dealing with better latency also?
yeah you use the Dolphin Wii Emulator. it's way better the Wii WiFi, but you have to have a relatively decent computer/connection to run it without too many lag spikes. but in general it feels just like playing locally with the occasionally lag spike here and there.

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Yo how good does your computer hae to be to be able to run that ****?
I would say if you have a dedicated graphics card that's fairly recent and an okay-to-decent processor you'll be fine. One of the most important things is your internet service provider. If they're pretty good, it can make a huge difference.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Yo how good does your computer hae to be to be able to run that ****?
doesn't have to be amazing, but Im guessing you need a decent graphics card. I have a gt650 so it's nothing crazy, but i dunno how it'd work with something like onboard graphics. My internet is pretty average too, like 1mb upload, 12mb download. I play the game in a small window and I also shut down most of my programs and browser windows which seems to help. If my roommate gets on the xbox or something I get a noticeable ping/lag increase. i have 8gb ram and 3.2 ghz processor if you want ot compare to your system.

Their recommended minimum specs are:
Minimum Requirements (2 player, 480p/60 FPS):

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 or AMD Phenom X2 555
Memory: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce 8800 GT or AMD Radeon HD 4770
Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit or OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard" 32-bit

Recommended Specifications (4 player, 720p/60 FPS):

Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom X4 955
Memory: 4 GB DDR3
Graphics Card: nVidia GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7850
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit or OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" 64-bit

Last edited:

Mahgnittoc

Smash Ace
I won't make it to your tourney Cam. I work until like the 15th so if Huntsville is leaving the morning of the 16th theres still no way for me to be there on time.

Bair in the Basement is where? I'm too lazy to want to remember my FB password.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I won't make it to your tourney Cam. I work until like the 15th so if Huntsville is leaving the morning of the 16th theres still no way for me to be there on time.

Bair in the Basement is where? I'm too lazy to want to remember my FB password.
I'm confused, how does working until the day before the tournament prevent you from going?

Zylo

Smash Journeyman
Is there a facebook group for alabama netplay? And if not, would anyone be interested in one? I'd love to be able to go on there and post instead of the stupid IRC chat

Top Bottom