• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
It's not that AL isn't active or anything. It's just that the Regional Zones subforum isn't well advertized. Every time I post on reddit I find players who ask me if there are smashers in Alabama.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Ikr, apparently all AL smashers use reddit. Also, I met some awesome guys in Dothan tonight, there are a few hidden bosses there apparently

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Well I remember meeting a guy that says he used to play back when Smash was carried by MLG and he was able to make gannon move like C Falcon so he seems legit. He doesnt live too far out from Florence I think

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
By the way does project M wifi games only work through freind codes or can I actually search for matches? Normally I play in person and its the first time I ever bothered trying to fiddle around with this

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Hey man any kind of practice i can get i will take it, I know im not that good. I'll just have to re-adapt when I play in person

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So I'll be going to Shelton state this coming Fall and I'm gonna talk to the supervisors there and ask if we could borrow a room or some space and have a tournament there like they did at Civil War 6. Hopefully I'll have an answer for us not too long after the semester starts

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Hey guys just a heads up, if anybody want to go to that Cute Cats tournament in Atlanta this weekend, I'll be riding through Auburn to get there. If anybody wants to ride along, lemme know.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
So if I could get monthlies, or something like that, in a classroom at Shelton State Community College, would there be anyone who may try to make it? I was thinking maybe 5 bucks for entry and it'd go into a pot or something like that

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I'm basically moved into my apartment in Enterprise, AL, so i'm up for playing smash with anyone here or around here.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
I'm basically moved into my apartment in Enterprise, AL, so i'm up for playing smash with anyone here or around here.
If you could make it to Troy anytime this week, we could basically play any time you aren't busy. I may be able to make the drive up there this weekend if you're down.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Cute Cats was insanely fun. I got beat up a bit, but I also learned exactly the things I needed/wanted to, and sooo much more. Shoutouts to Moogle, Joot, and all the other AL guys too. I seriously hope to see everyone at some tournaments really soon. Anyone know when the next big one is?

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
How to find alabama tournaments?

Or near the area? (Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Lousiana, Mississippi)

I live in huntsville.

Are there any coming up this summer?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Would highly recommend joining the Alabama Smash League Facebook group to keep up with what's going on.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
How to find alabama tournaments?

Or near the area? (Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Lousiana, Mississippi)

I live in huntsville.

Are there any coming up this summer?
hey dude, yeah you should definitely join the ASL on facebook, And if you want to travel a bit, I go to a lot of tournaments if you're ever interested in carpooling

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
hey dude, yeah you should definitely join the ASL on facebook, And if you want to travel a bit, I go to a lot of tournaments if you're ever interested in carpooling
Awesome. I'm improving like a madman. I hope soon I can compete and do well. This is a great community to be a part of.

Last edited:

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
Ok, The tourney will more than likely be the last week of June and will be held in one of two locations which will be either the play n trade in Guntersville or my apartment in Albertville. I will also be hosting monthlies at my apartment staring the month after then tourney. The date has yet to be set. Also the more entrants we get the more likely it will be held at pay n trade which means better prizes, free pizza, and more community!

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys pretty new to competitive smash Just learned wave dashing and other tech skills back in august of last year (still haven't quite got wave landing down), just wondering if there were any kind of smash gatherings in the Birmingham area, thanks. Roy's my Boy!

Last edited:

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I you might get to play smash 4 at best buy in bham

Absolutely. We should talk about carpooling. I drive a fuel efficient car that can fit 5 people. If anyone is interested let me know. I'll only pick people up if theyre on the way from huntsville to birmingham (within a reasonable distance)

Top Bottom