• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Train with me sometime! You can beat me up in AE, too, as I've picked that up a bit in recent days.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
As much as I like the idea of training with Reflex for Project M, it's all about the SMB All Stars SMB3 Battle Mode Power Rankings for me now.

Bizzerk

Smash Rookie
[I posted this in the AL melee specific thread but this thread might be more popular so I'll post in this one aswell]

I'm new to smashboards and haven't played melee in a while but if I could find some bros near me to practice and maybe start a small scene in my area would really get me back into this game! If you are withing 30min-1hour from Enterprise AL or Dothan AL let me know! Pm me or do whatever you got to because I'd love to meet some friends and just practice. Driving 4hours to huntsville just isn't manageable for me but 30min-1hour drive wouldn't be terrible. I need someone to play besides level 9 cpu's or I'll go nuts :D I'd also be down to try out project M but I don't have a Wii so I have yet to play it. Thanks guys hope to see some alabama smash soon!

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
There is a high chance I may end up working in Dothan. If I do I'm always down for playing some smash. I'll know for sure by the 19th of May though.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, Troy isn't too far from me its like 45min. If he's down to play and maybe start a scene in our area in the future that'd be great! I haven't played in like 6months so I don't know who I'll main yet either but I need some people to play :p
Hey, what's up man. I'm down to play pretty much every day, so anytime you aren't busy, let me know! I can totally make that drive, so no problem. Also, there's no melee scene in Troy whatsoever, but about 10 people play PM to a certain level aha.. If you have any friends into melee or even PM, I'm certain we can get a group together lol. Also, the AL scene is really growing, so if you want to get really good, you should come to some of our tournaments. Mobile has a really great group for PM and Melee, and their next monthly is May 11. Anyway, DM for my number and we can play

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
@ Bizzerk Bizzerk
I'll be in Enterprise for the next few weeks before I come back to Tuscaloosa for summer classes, so I'd be down to play some.
I've got Project M on a laptop that plays it well enough if you don't mind using an xbox controller. That's the only set up I have but I'd be willing to play whatever really.

Also, since I'm mostly in Tuscaloosa, can anyone help me get up with a group or something up here? I know there's the Hive Bang place, and I might do that later, but I'd rather meet a few fellow students at UA to just practice and play with.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/147232218644587/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1375247439415807/

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to @ Bizzerk Bizzerk , for my first official smash til dawn! Dope night man, let's hang out again really soon. Also, @ GKudzu GKudzu , whenever you're settled in Enterprise, feel free to come hang in Troy and play some Melee.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Every time I look there's another person in Montgomery.

Might have to try and look into a reliable venue. Do it for the family.

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Alright I'm a fresh face here and though I never really got into mele competitively since I was growing up at the time but now that I am in college and went to a tourney for Project M im hooked. Are there any living bi-weeklies or somewhere I can grind my skills out at? I live near Florence, AL and I'd probably be bringing anywhere from just me to a car full of people to play.

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Yeah that is a semi-decently long drive, not near so bad as visiting my sister out in Arkansas but not something I'd like to do to start off my summer. Thanks for the replies anyway... really just need consistent practice so I was hoping for weeklies somewhere at least decently close

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Don't expect weeklies unless you have a university club who wants to run one, but most areas have a group of people who get together and play regularly anyway. Definitely check out the ASL facebook group, but right now we only have scarce representation up in the NorWest

TheGrayOne

Smash Rookie
Gray One, your avi is ****in awesome.
Thanks man I love most of the remixes and at my uni when I pull out black yoshi its slam jam time haha.
Someone who knows whats going on or who to ask will probably answer you later. Also, DirteeDees was talking about maybe holding one in Guntersville if you scroll up on this page. Lastly, you should join the AlabamaSmashLeague facebook group if you haven't.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alabamasmashleague/
See I wanna get in on ^ but I hate facebook with a goddamned passion and never learned how it worked. Guess I will just have to block a lot of people and learn

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I made a FB for the ASL page and it was worth it cause not many people are active on here. I know it's a long way, but if you're ever close to Troy, I'm always down to play. Also, I definitely plan on coming to Birmingham this summer, so maybe we can get a group of smashers and meet there lol

Top Bottom