• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
They haven't released the list of confirmed Smash 4 Best Buys yet have they? It's a safe bet to assume they will use the same list that they did for the Wind Waker preview, but I'd like to can a confirm before I plan my drive to P.Cola

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping they pull what they did with mario kart 8 at gamestop, a lot of the stores around me have the demo for it, maybe last year was a test run, and this time there will be more demo kiosks distributed.

OrangeEnvelope

Smash Apprentice
Also Wafer I can finally get consistent shine OoS, I can even fullhop out of it and waveland onto a platform, but fuuuuck waveshining OoS. lol

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god dude beast :) that ****s next level.
Do that waveland youre talking about a little faster and you will have it haha.

It's hard to learn but it's that good stuff for sure.
Keep practicing and you will have it in no time.

NinKenDo64

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing OrangeEnvelope recently and from my experience he's gotten really good over such a short amount of time in Smash. If anyone is up to practice Melee, Project M, or hell even Brawl I'd be more than willing to make arrangements. Gotta get as much practice in as we can get people!

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
Ok ladies and gents final word on the tourney and start of monthlies location is my house. So now the next question what day in the last week of June will be best for everyone?

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
Alright alright alright words in the monthlies will be on Monday the 23rd this month then the proceeding ones will be on the last weekend of every month I'll put the event up today on FB

moogle

Smash Ace
Alright alright alright words in the monthlies will be on Monday the 23rd this month then the proceeding ones will be on the last weekend of every month I'll put the event up today on FB
On a Monday, huh? I work until approximately 5... I'll attend if I'm able!

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
@D!rteeDeez i'm no TO, but if your tournament starts at 7:00 p.m. with smash 64, melee, brawl, and PM will you be able to finish all that by a reasonable time?

Last edited:

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
No, I don't think you understand. If you hope to have ~20 entrants you should expect things are going to run A LOT longer than that. For a 16 man double elim Melee bracket run by itself it'll take around 2 hours. Brawl 2.5hrs. If you run them at the same time you will put yourself in a position where you are going to have to wait on players to finish matches.

This is your first time hosting a tournament. Chill it out and start with one event. You don't want to wear yourself out. And it'll give you some time to play and have fun.

Last edited:

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
so i just set up dolphin and project m. dont have a GCN controller adapter/USB controller though. is there a recommended one? have any of yall used the USB controllers that look like gamecube controllers?

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
I just bought the one sold by total console I should be getting it today you can show up early if you like and we can set it up. I've heard some of the adapters take some configuring.

moogle

Smash Ace
@ Dirteedees Dirteedees : If it's possible, I'd advise having the tournament on a Saturday or Sunday.... and starting in the afternoon. That way, I think many more out-of-town people would be be able to attend, and we'd be sure to have enough time to finish everything.

If the tournament still ends up happening on Monday, June 23, at 7PM, then I agree with the others that you should just run one Smash game (assuming you're doing double elimination).

I appreciate what you're doing, and I'd love to see a successful new tournament series in north Alabama.

Dirteedees

Smash Cadet
If I were to hold it Saturday (21st) how many more would be willing to show up. I just want this to go as smooth as possible. I would like to have everything set in stone by the end of the week. Also more than likely won't be doing teams for this first one.

Top Bottom