• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
well i can talk to places in montevallo.
id be able to get a monthly going probably.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
godd she hulk just gets better and better.
RESETS GALORE

replaced tron with trish, and doing a lot better, but i need to work on trish. ive spend so much time on she hulk and haggar, i dont even really know how to approach with trish lol

also, dormammu is a *****

ggs xeedoc. i dont really mind sentinel. she hulk has a pretty sweet loop that can **** him up, but the problem is getting it started lul

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
Yea, her aerial tag combo glitch was killing me. I have been practicing Ammy combos, but only one would come out when I actually got to it.

She Hulk command dash grab ***** me =\

GGs though, I'd like to get into it more, but I'm afraid it will be too much.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
Everyone is calling me a cheap ******* and saying I don't know how to play the game when I'm consistently winning.

Chun-Li, Sentinel, Phoenix

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
sentinel's kind of stupid but i dont see how someone can complain about chun li or phoenix. chun li is like all normal strings, and you can kill phoenix in one combo lol

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

ragnarock

Smash Lord
if you guys want to be able to meet consistently why don't you hold monthly tournaments wherever it is the most convenient for the majority of players. The 3 locations choices are Birmingham, Auburn, and Daphne. Those 3 places have had successful tournaments; I think we should have monthlies at one of those locations where most ppl can show up. Think about GA's scene when it was at it was at it's best (in terms of attendance), They were having monthlies at Waba. If we could designate 1 location, and a monthly date, ppl would be able to consistently plan to have cash/rides to this monthly.
This make sense, I vote for Auburn. I could have monthlies, but you guys coming to daphne every month would be hard. That's why I made them by-monthlies.

nice1

Smash Lord
Oh! Believe the hype kola mvc3 is on fye! Game is amazing aloha will be at final round with the bham crew repping in the atl shawty! Nice 1 get at me, air combo ! Yes! Viewtiful about to make me a shroyken account! Believe tha hype!
what do u want boy

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Doesn't that boil down to get a lead and keep it? Which boils down to hit him harder than he hits you?
The trouble with that is that it breaks down during closer fights. A person who is losing badly shouldn't be able to steamroll an opponent often with X-Factor alone, but in closer matches, it ends up becoming, "Who gets the first hit after X-Factor has been used?" In most situations, you use X-Factor to counter your opponent's X-Factor, so it's rather unforgiving when you're not already destroying someone, as any tap turns into you losing a character.

Honestly, I see hardcore camping being a strong strategy as the metagame progresses, mostly because of X-Factor being what all close matches boil down to, as it is.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Doesn't that boil down to get a lead and keep it? Which boils down to hit him harder than he hits you?
basically you can wreck two of your opponents characters and they pop level 3 xfactor and its an even match again (if not the sole player having an advantage)

you just have to survive the, like, hour that they get to keep xfactor

in other news, im in a lobby with a sentinel/arthur/doom team which is playing the sickest game of keep away i've ever seen.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
dude this avatar sucks ima just have to change it tommorow.
but likes it a prism and little abysmal spikes around a little one circa1989 or something or thats what it looks like from the washed outness of it. bleeh im using it for my pic if i ever do make a GOOD music project. cuz i made it yeeeee

Purple

Hi guys!
The trouble with that is that it breaks down during closer fights. A person who is losing badly shouldn't be able to steamroll an opponent often with X-Factor alone, but in closer matches, it ends up becoming, "Who gets the first hit after X-Factor has been used?" In most situations, you use X-Factor to counter your opponent's X-Factor, so it's rather unforgiving when you're not already destroying someone, as any tap turns into you losing a character.

Honestly, I see hardcore camping being a strong strategy as the metagame progresses, mostly because of X-Factor being what all close matches boil down to, as it is.

Radical Fiction

Ryker|Swiss
basically you can wreck two of your opponents characters and they pop level 3 xfactor and its an even match again (if not the sole player having an advantage)

you just have to survive the, like, hour that they get to keep xfactor

in other news, im in a lobby with a sentinel/arthur/doom team which is playing the sickest game of keep away i've ever seen.

Unless it's Phoenix which you play exactly for that purpose, a level three X-Factor when you hold that substantial of a lead should not allow someone to J Wong you.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

Unless it's Phoenix which you play exactly for that purpose, a level three X-Factor when you hold that substantial of a lead should not allow someone to J Wong you.
dude when you are generally powerful enough to literally kill most characters with a basic abcd, j.abc super combo, (much less anything at all more complex), AND the fact that most supers do ridiculous chip, AND the fact that activating xfactor basically gives you a free combo anyway, i would have to disagree.

Top Bottom