• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
surprisingly good quality.

I havent seen myself play in a looonnng time, I look much better than I recall, but I still see a few things..

Will_

Smash Journeyman

nah I heart you guys

And yeah cheap, your peach looks hella good in that vid.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's 60 fps @ 720p. You wouldn't know it to look at the way it was setup yesterday though, tape and all. Glad I can finally use that thing..

But your spacing in those games is really great, Cheap. More to come later after my classes.

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's 60 fps @ 720p. You wouldn't know it to look at the way it was setup yesterday though, tape and all. Glad I can finally use that thing..

But your spacing in those games is really great, Cheap. More to come later after my classes.
The most jank setup I've ever seen, but it worked like a charm haha

By the way, is iori v cheap peach gonna be uploaded?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Number 1 reason you all should have come.

Russ and I are awesome.
awww i have a tickly little feeling in my tummy now hehehe awwwwww u guyssss
but like forreal i just have to say it my bad but... no homo.

dude i liked that turnip double grab at 3:20 cheap ommmg

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol I just realized that I forgot glide tossing existed during that brawl tournament.

And we'll have to play again sometime, Winnar. After playing with you guys, I'm probably going to lay off brawl for a while, melee is just too good.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Okay, I was wondering.. someone said something the other day like it was every other month. Got me all confused.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well it used to be

but i no longer attend UA, nor do i have a car, so i'm never in Tuscaloosa anymore to run tournaments.

but i think the smashers at Ua are trying to get something going in the area again.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Yep, that's me in part. We run weekly free Brawl tourneys and play a ton of Melee friendlies. Any tips on getting some more interest drummed up? I know there must be smashers in the area who aren't students.

We're planning a big tournament for April. More on that in a few days once we get the date cleared.

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Dang I didn't know that many big players showed up at Kami-Con. I was there for a bit the first day but I couldn't stay long so I didn't enter the Brawl tourney. Got to see Will beast some and good shiz Winrar beating Munkus. The Ness on Brinstar was quite wonderful to watch.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i had an advantage because Thief used to run Melee tournaments there before Brawl came out so I just continued his series sort of.

get involved wtih anything video game/anime/comic related on campus, I believe there were a few clubs when i left.

other than that just advertise the hell out of your tournaments. put it on swf, aib, and facebook. invite every one. put flyers every where that the university will allow you too. TCS and gamebox were always the most attended tourneys in alabama, simply because we advertised more.

most of the young people in tuscaloosa are gonna be either students or former students, so I would try to focus on advertising well on campus.

also, run your tournament well so people will come back. make sure there are set ups. lots of them.
at TCS tournies I always ran a brawl side tourney like low-tier tournaments or random tournaments or even tournies for other games, I think those appeal to casual players too

just brainstorm ways to make it fun for all. not just casuals and not just super competitive, but both.

moogle

Smash Ace
hey moogle, when is the next big melee event/tourny you guys are going to?
Chad and Joot (and Slano?) are interested in SMYM12 on March 5 (even though GG is on the same day in Georgia!) As for me... I'm being shipped off on a business trip to Yuma, AZ, for most of March. :scared: Gonna miss this tournament.

SMYM12:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293161
GG:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294667

my bedroom
we're goin here too

_Keno_

Smash Lord

j00t

Smash Champion
well, I'm fine with either one you guys go to. I'm not confirmed for anything yet though.
I'm pretty sure the plan is to go to SMYM12, since mslano has been looking forward to going to IL for a while. Chad and I are practicing hard for this... you should go with us Russ :D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You'll go back to Snake. Pit is only fun when you aren't overwhelmed by dumb matchups.
i dont plan to drop snake. but snake has a few matchups that i dont like that i may like pit in, like pikachu, or rob, ddd, or mario (yes i hate fighting mario with snake lol, or other snakes

also, i may try pit in dubs

i was originally going to just pick up metaknight, but that character isn't really that fun for me to play

pits a boss, he talks so much ****

YOU CAN'T DEFEAT ME

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the plan is to go to SMYM12, since mslano has been looking forward to going to IL for a while. Chad and I are practicing hard for this... you should go with us Russ :D
Is it all right if I come next Thursday after like 5? That is the earliest I could come after classes. I really need practice, nobody else in b'ham plays melee.

Any ideas on costs for hotels or will people be housed / sleep at venue? How long you guys plan on staying? How long is the drive (and approximate cost split however many ways?)

If you dont know any of this, thats fine too.

j00t

Smash Champion
Is it all right if I come next Thursday after like 5? That is the earliest I could come after classes. I really need practice, nobody else in b'ham plays melee.

Any ideas on costs for hotels or will people be housed / sleep at venue? How long you guys plan on staying? How long is the drive (and approximate cost split however many ways?)

If you dont know any of this, thats fine too.
You mean this coming thursday? If you mean next week when the tournament is then we probably won't leave until Friday evening. (that's just an assumption)

For SMYM11 we stayed at a hotel Friday night/Saturday morning, went to the tournament and then came home Saturday night. So it'd be a one day deal.

The drive is atleast 8 hours.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
a samus, a lucas, and a mario/link made to brackets at pound V

TOO GOOD

also this poltergust guy is gonna do for yoshi what reflex did for pokemon trainer

Top Bottom