• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah janitor tommorow whatre u doing? my gf was mad tonight so i had to attend to that.
lets play dubz on wifi alot and then become permanant tourney partners yeah yeah????

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Okay, so UA's "Iron Brawl I" tournament is going to happen, but unfortunately not the first weekend of April like was planned. In terms of other Brawl tournaments, when would be better to host, the last weekend of March or the second weekend of April? This tournament should be really good; we're renting out a HUGE venue, and we're going to try to have a live stream and all that jazz going on (as well as a considerable pot for the winner(s)).
THANK GOD

My plans are so stacked April 2nd it isn't funny. Last weekend of March would be pretty uber, since I'm hosting the school tournament on the 25th.

BunBun

Smash Master
Dear Alabama:
I'll be in Tuscaloosa at the University tomorrow for some anime gay****. If someone wants to play some Melee, <3

Text me.
901 x 496 ~5240

Purple

Hi guys!
Why would you go to something you dislike?

So I was talking to my mom this morning, and we came to the conclusion that people like being lied to, within reason. In fact, relationships work better with lies than they do with complete truth.

Thoughts?

ragnarock

Smash Lord

So I was talking to my mom this morning, and we came to the conclusion that people like being lied to, within reason. In fact, relationships work better with lies than they do with complete truth.

Thoughts?
I agree and disagree, I'll lie about you looking not fat in your clothes or that shirt isn't too little. Stuff like that. But major stuff or things of importance you should tell the truth. I believe people have been programmed to not mind being lied too or accepting lies without questions.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

Thoughts?
Agreed. Obviously, you should face real compatibility issues you have with each other, but, even with really serious stuff, it's best to lie sometimes.

If you ever cheat on your significant other, but it ended up being a fling and not working out, and your significant other doesn't have a clue, and you genuinely regret it and think you could be happy together now, don't tell her. It's better to feel bad when you think about it (you earned it, jerk), rather than coming out of nowhere and crushing her like that. You're not making her happier by coming out and telling her that, and it prevents any chance of making it work.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Teach me how to dougie.

Kola wuht skool?
My school, you know, Spain Park. We're also going to be hosting stuff like Flash Light Tag, capture the flag if we can fit that into the schedule. Saturday will be an Art Auction.

Then on April 1st I've got to friggen walkfrom 6pm to 6am. life is going to suck (but for a good cause)

Oh and I'm going to Kamicon with my Yaoi obsessed friends. Wooo

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Agreed. Obviously, you should face real compatibility issues you have with each other, but, even with really serious stuff, it's best to lie sometimes.

If you ever cheat on your significant other, but it ended up being a fling and not working out, and your significant other doesn't have a clue, and you genuinely regret it and think you could be happy together now, don't tell her. It's better to feel bad when you think about it (you earned it, jerk), rather than coming out of nowhere and crushing her like that. You're not making her happier by coming out and telling her that, and it prevents any chance of making it work.
But its something about women, they know that you did something you had no business doing without even telling them. Its like they smell it on you or something

Purple

Hi guys!
Well people have lie-tells that show you're lying. (scratching your head after a scary question, etc.). Women have it just as much as men.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
my girlfriend is unbeilevably perceptive. like moreso than any other girl ive been with.
idk with what reflex said, because something about the fact that the girl is clueless that you cheated and thinks youve only been hers makes me really uncomfortable and uncontrolably guilty.
maybe thats just me idk i see where you coming from though reflex. maybe this is just me being more concerned with my own feelings and emotions rather than hers?
ie: wanting to get the guilt off my chest, crushing her in the process of doing this. really, i had just never thought of it like that before.

guess im just not gonna cheat. no really, i did it once with a previous gf. and then the girls got together and she told her. and all hell broke loose. im pretty sure im emotionally scarred from it lol. i couldnt talk to girls for months afterwards. so yeah idk its never worth it anyways.

Twinster

Smash Cadet
Today, Joel and I were playing some freindlies, and we discovered something very cool. You can go from dashing to D-Smash, but it all depends on the turn around while running. If you input it when you are at the end of your turn around animation then you will slide and do your d-smash. So far the characters we know with pretty good ones are: MK (obviously), Kirby, and Dk. We have not tested every charcter just like 10. Also, if done right you can charge the dsmash so who knows the potential of this...

Will_

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah bunbun today was pretty beast.

Any of that get recorded? I doubt the crowd's reaction was recorded but it was pretty hype in losers finals.

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
No, it didn't get recorded. I wasn't the TO, and I didn't expect to see any real players at this thing today, so I wasn't prepared. Next time it will be better organized for competitive play. Better rules(because seriously, with so many competitive players showing up it should have been aimed that way), no time limit on replays, maybe a camera. Loser's finals was hands-down the best match though. You ate that MK up with your donkey punch.

Melee tourney tomorrow :D

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
guess im just not gonna cheat. no really, i did it once with a previous gf. and then the girls got together and she told her. and all hell broke loose. im pretty sure im emotionally scarred from it lol. i couldnt talk to girls for months afterwards. so yeah idk its never worth it anyways.
It's definitely not worth it, but I think that if you do it, you should deal with it on your conscience, rather than make someone else suffer for your mistakes, because while it may seem like the right thing to do on paper, that can really hurt. It's not as if you should feel redeemed by being honest about it, and when you live with it on your conscience, I bet you won't do it again. :p

Wumpus King

Smash Cadet
Seriously, Kami-con was way better than I thought it was gonna be. I'll have the Melee semi/finals uploading for anyone interested. There's some good stuff in there :D

If nothing else, you can see Iori in his cow costume in my tv's reflection.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Seriously, Kami-con was way better than I thought it was gonna be. I'll have the Melee semi/finals uploading for anyone interested. There's some good stuff in there :D

If nothing else, you can see Iori in his cow costume in my tv's reflection.
You should upload my matches even though I didn't get to any finals

no johns but seeding was horrible haha

Top Bottom