• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yeah, im going to eat dinner first though.

Edit: fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

My dad took my car and my controller and went to tuscaloosa.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
It doesn't matter what the origins of the word is. It's the fact that it is used time and time again in abusive manners in modern times. Like the shouts thrown at queer people being gay bashed in bars, for instance. Or time and time again in high schools. We take offense when the word is used because, whether they intend it or not, it brings back those images. They can not be removed from another. And saying the word only helps popularize its use further.

More importantly, it's also a matter of not having "taken back the word". Lesbians have done it with ****, LGBT community at large has done it with queer, and African Americans have taken their word back (more or less; at the very least, the context has become essential now [c.f. the **** that's going down at UA right now]). F#g, however, has not. It remains a sensitive issue for pretty much any queer person. Case in point, it's at its worse when you go around saying it to people who aren't on the same page as you (like whatshisname's brother [I'm slightly assuming here]). He could very well be gay. You don't know. He might not know. Either way, it reinforces the idea that it's acceptable to say that word, and he might not care to think about who he's saying it to when he does (despite whatever intentions you had by saying it).

And I personally don't tolerate any racism, homophobia, etc etc. Which is why I say things when people do stupid **** here.
i ****ing hate chinks

Will_

Smash Journeyman
If I go anywhere next sat it's probably going to be kami con because littlekuriboh and johnny yong ****ing bosch are going to be there. An anime fan going to meet bosch is like a batman fan going to meet adam west...or a nintendo fan meeting miyamoto.

I'm probably going to ask him to do an impromptu vash the stampede line and have him throw my name in there somewhere so I can cream my pants.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
If I go anywhere next sat it's probably going to be kami con because littlekuriboh and johnny yong ****ing bosch are going to be there. An anime fan going to meet bosch is like a batman fan going to meet adam west...or a nintendo fan meeting miyamoto.

I'm probably going to ask him to do an impromptu vash the stampede line and have him throw my name in there somewhere so I can cream my pants.
:DDDDDDDDD

Side note: my house is open for housing Friday/Saturday night if you want to drive down (get driven) early. Winnar will be here! With guests! And me!!!

_Keno_

Smash Lord
well, I'm not going to salt, so I guess I'm going to Kami.

What is the door fee, how much do you guys expect to spend, and any ideas on what should I be?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
but dont the ATL revivals not get good attendance?
you guys are going?
Last ATL revival got around 20 ppl, and that was without usuals like my brother, calvin, billy, and big lou. I don't know if i'm going to either, but my brother is going to both salt and ATL revival i think.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
well, I'm not going to salt, so I guess I'm going to Kami.

What is the door fee, how much do you guys expect to spend, and any ideas on what should I be?
Free, maybe a few bucks in the dealer's room or on a tournament if I choose to enter, and be yourself and/or a pokemon trainer.

And if you wanna house with me, lemme knowwww. Or probably more reasonably you house with your brother. If you ever talk to him.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Scott Pilgrim, amirite?

Anyway guys, the NAHS put me in charge of a team to raise money for the Relay For Life event coming April 1st/2nd.

I'm thinking about throwing a school tournament the weekend prior, either on Friday or Saturday. Probably more so Friday than Saturday. What is the most convienant for you guys?

Edit: This is for b'ham guys obv

ragnarock

Smash Lord
My sister tried to find a venue in Montgomery. All the ones she bumped into were so Ima have to have Resist 3 in Daphne,Al. Sorry bout that I wanted to have it in the center of Al so most people can make it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296770

If your coming for B'ham or even huntsville post in let me know if you need housing. I can't let you stay at my house but I can save some $ for a hotel for you for the night of the tourney.

Aloha

Smash Cadet
mv3 drops tonite *****eS! if ya want some come get some and by the way kola where have you been? i offered 2 smash with ya and ya never responded geo and russ came true friends unlike kola! lol! but seriously i smashed with my work buddy which he goes by _empy_ hES got some pretty crafty moves soo im excited bout that and oh uhhh! he ***** in mv2 so i got someone great to train with PEACE OUT!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol, forgot to mention it is, indeed, tonight. Xbox only.

Happy mashing, everyone!
Phenix City Wal-Mart had me on hold for twenty minutes and then told me they weren't having one.

I called the one in Columbus, and they said they had just started. >:[

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Just called up my wal mart, no tournament at mine. ><

Unless they recognized my voice and lied out of sheer terror.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I called my Wal-Mart and they said they had a tournament.
I went to it tonight and it turns out they lied.

Best Buy did this to me about the MvC3 full-demo kiosk too.

My only guess is that casual***s are effing ******** and easily confuse the word 'tournament' for 'release'. I'll tell you what though, I'm going to 'tournament' a lot of stress.

SleepyK

will, i hear you play call of booty black c0x on the ps3 with dogycoonmich sometimes.

my psn is sleepike

SleepyK

it's a midnight release party you're supposed to camp out hours before wow noobs

Top Bottom