• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if you want HD recording, dollars go into 150 easily.
for component, a little lower. prob could find for 40-70
composite, 20-40 and the like.

if you want to maintain portability without buying a laptop, your easiest bet is probably to buy a dvd recorder.
i didn't even think about getting a dvd recorder. i think i might just do that.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah. dvds are cheap. my dvd recorder has a Long Play setting that records on dvds for around 6 hours, which is pretty nice.
1) most dvd recorders have a slight delay (lag) so you could get splitters if you want to avoid this.
2) if you know anything about virtualdub already, you can just import the video_ts files straight into vdub, as dvds are mostly mpeg2 files. DISREGARD IF YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING
3) some dvd recorders are compatible with dvd-rws, which would mean fewer purchases for you.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
^lol i didint know you could use vDUB to rip video_ts files, O.o
i only use it to shrink FRAPS files...

maybe this weekend ill do somthing smash related...any takers.

also, new avi. cool huh?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
word thx sleepy youre the best

i am familiar with virtual dub and kind of fooled around with it. but i probably dont know enough about it off hand.

but i mean it seems like something i could google and figure out

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
muggle if we are still like keeping the first page updated and all that.
add marth to my brawl characters. i dont really know what matchups marth is better than snake in...but i like playing him so we'll try it out.

and if we are updating melee. change my character to FLACO/Roy

hey slam want to team with me in melee at gamebox and go double jiggs and annoy ppl

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Vdub is the best.

I did the best I ever have in Melee on Saturday. Basically I tried to space and be lame with Marth, fair with Ganondorf, do Falco stuff, struggle and somehow get by with Kirby, random Mewtwo and try anyway. It was fun.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Friendly reminder--Singles passes for Raleigh stop selling after today, so if you plan on going, buy one!

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
^lol i didint know you could use vDUB to rip video_ts files, O.o
i only use it to shrink FRAPS files...

maybe this weekend ill do somthing smash related...any takers.

also, new avi. cool huh?
I might be up for it. I'll give a more definite answer later on this week.

Also, Joelge, does Gamebox do sytem repairs? Specifically, a RRoD? Oh, and mayhaps I could assist in hosting fighting game tournaments at Gamebox sometime? The guys on Shoryuken are interested.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Gamebox does not do system repairs.

At the moment, Smash is the only tournament in the works. Starcraft might follow soon. I would consider it, but I have never seen the interest in Alabama. I mean there's Isaac and a few others, but that's it.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone planning on going to AWA in Sept?

Group membership passes are $5 cheaper than individual but you have to have at least 6 people (saving $5 can pay for ~40 miles of gas on the interstate and with Atl being, what, like 170 miles...every bit helps)

So far it looks like Zero, Kola, and myself.
Group passes stop selling Sept 1st.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone planning on going to AWA in Sept?

Group membership passes are $5 cheaper than individual but you have to have at least 6 people (saving $5 can pay for ~40 miles of gas on the interstate and with Atl being, what, like 170 miles...every bit helps)

So far it looks like Zero, Kola, and myself.
Group passes stop selling Sept 1st.
Woo! AWA! I'm probably gonna be going this year... if I can get a free ride + hotel room. These things are always last minute for me, but I've got a ton of friends who go, so may as well ride the wave while I can.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I can fit up to 4 passengers in my car. This is the thing...

Only one person can order the Group Membership passes and everyone else has to wait on that person at the venue before they can pick up their own pass; bc only the person who ordered it has the ability to pick the up passes. So we should meet at like my house and leave at the same time. We'll need one more car...I'll start looking up hotels; one outside Atl is prolly cheapest but I'll look into both. Guess I'll look into housing but IDK who'll house 6 people *shrug.

GM passes end Sept 1st so if you want in on it, either give me (preferrably a check $30, lol, checks) so I can deposit and use my debit to get the passes or pick someone else in the group we trust to do it.

One problem, we need one more person---has to be 6 or more people to qualify.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I'll come, as long as I can find a costume of some sort.
Hey, you can totally borrow one of my Nesstumes if you want. I've got regular flavor, Axel flavor (red baseball jersey), and Emoness flavor. All you need are some shorts and a back pack!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i just emulated melee on my computer
its pretty sweet

except playing smash with an xbox controller takes some getting used to.

also that event match where you fight all the kirbys is WAY TOO ****ING HARD

j00t

Smash Champion
i just emulated melee on my computer
its pretty sweet

except playing smash with an xbox controller takes some getting used to.

also that event match where you fight all the kirbys is WAY TOO ****ING HARD
Would it be possible for you to send me the ROM you used? I tried emulating Melee on my comp but it didn't work :x

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i torrented it. uhh i typed in smash melee iso into google and it was the first result

i doubt swf wants links like that on here
and the iso itself is over 1gb so i dunno exactly the best way to get it to you. but typing that in should work.and i had to tweak the graphics settings. and figure out how to get my controller to work properly.
it still not perfect. like i got to find the right dead zone cuz the default one is way too high.

its the pal version, but better than nothing.

although it sucks when the computer continously meteor cancels my marth spikes :(

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i had no idea what you were talking about when i said my wii wouldnt read most discs, especially ssbb/m, idk why mainly those.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
wii not reading discs = dead dvd drive.

swap to usb loading pls ok

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
yep, we'll be going with them to help them move.

@Cheap,
If I pay you will take our dog out and feed our cats? I think we'll leave Thurs or Fri and be back Tues.

PLEASE?!

Top Bottom