• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Exclusiveness isn't (and shouldn't) a problem. That should only lead to "Lemme step my game up and get better"

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Without Zero chances of me going to the monthly for July are slim too. If anything I'd have to hope George goes, and be prepared to dish out some gas money to even think about going. Unless someone near here is going to have a carpool going.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Georgia would have to go to our tournaments, but we don't have any so we'll have to go to their tournaments.

Do you think South Carolina and North Carolina should merge? It's the same issue here. Small scene vs. big scene.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
O.o

SC plays smash?

So I'm guessing that's a no from you Zero. Hey did Matt see my post about the Shiina fan pic request?

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
No, and I'm not telling him about it either.

You'll have to come over here and do that yourself.

btw, I got Vanguard Princess to start working and it's awesome. And Matt is pissed off at Umineko no Naku Koro Ni.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P I can't. I'm stuck in Trussviille until my birthday. Then when it's my birthday I'll be going to Gadsden. There's no way lol.

I'll just call then lul.

Oh is it because of the Uuuuu? xD

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
It's not just the Uuuuuuuuu~ it's the fact that it's an anime based on a game and it has arcs. It also has plot within plot with time running congruent to time within time while still being within the same time frame with future time running while past time runs, but future time interacts with past and vice versa, although they only affect each other directly and indirectly respectively through differing time frames within the same time frame.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
But isn't there only one culprit? Beatrice?

xD guess I'll figure that out next time I go over there to watch it.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I will. Just make sure you guys don't make me spend most of the time there rewatching Code Geass.

btw order of favorite anime from Key
Clannad
Air
Angel Beats
Kanon (If it's Key)

I didn't cry in either Kanon or Angel Beats. Story is a bit awkward in Angel Beats to actually bring out a terribly sad emotion.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i think AL and GA should merge.

i would feel like part of a bigger or cooler community.

not calling GA cooler than you guys

but..

but at the same time.. that doesnt change the fact that that **** is a 3 hour drive away.
so it wouldnt REALLY make a difference other than making my name not be on the front page of a thread.. so ehhh
im not so sure about it now.

i think they are more pro than us though. they act more like a smash community and follow certain unwritten rules or w/e. you guys know what i mean? like.. idk. they just are legit.
like... they are what the smash community use to be when i was first introduced to it.
and AL was like that back about 2 years ago when they were having the TCS and gameboxes.
but now it seems all blurred and foreign to me.
its just different here now.

i think that is what janitor is talking about sometimes. but he just has poor vocabulary and word choices and calls you scrubs instead of calling you different than the melee/early transitional brawl scene.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
If we merge and people still aren't wanting to travel then it wouldn't change anything. Therefor it would be useless.

;P

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I agree with Slam on the point that Alabama sucks at having tournaments, but I still don't think merging will ever be a good idea. The obvious middle road would be having a merged rankings as well as individual rankings, but idc.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Birthday weekend is almost here :D. Oh and Zero. I just checked my wii, I don't have aznseals Mem Card :x

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
yeah uhh

AL just sucks now.

seriously.

im blaming it on janitor not going to tournaments..

we use to be so much fun..

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I really kind of want to go to both Apex and MLG. But that would cost a ton of money.

xD I might end up using the money I saved for my Laptop and try Apex out first, if anyone from AL is going and I can ride/make plans with them.

Zero you should host a tournament in August if AL ends up staying in state. Perhaps September too, you and Emily found a venue right?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
Slam you should pick up SSFIV, you were good.

Kola, I just talked to Seal, he found his memory card so nvm. We found a venue but I cant find the info about it. I think Zero should go ahead and post it and work the kinks out when we get a chance, idk.

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni --mind ****s galore.

Oh Desiya! OMG that closing song,

so

good.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh cool! Post it! More hype time means better attendance.

xD and you said that the ending song was bad last time I was up there. It's about time you started to appreciate it.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't appreciate that magnificent song until I heard it alone.

But when the astonishment hit as to how wonderful that song really is, it hit hard.

also,

BEATRIIIICE!!!!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lawl if only they said it that way. xD It's like a totally different name when they pronounce it.

Are you guys done with Code Geass yet?

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
No, J has me on so many different anime...
Code Geass
Ouran
Haruhi
Gankutsuou
Soul Eater
Umineko

Matt4300 has introduced the first episode of Ghost Hunt
and one Im on Strawberry Panic on my own time.

I am gonna have every single anime mixed up if I keep this up...it's like we start a new one before we even finish the first season of another one.

BEUTERREECCCEEEE!!!

- better?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Geeze you should really try to finish them before starting a new one. You'll end up just like your brother :p

Top Bottom