• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

matt4300

Smash Ace
Yo zero can I come over today?

action anime... FMA> One piece> TTGL> Cowboy Bebop> Eureka 7> Hagime no Ippo (very good) HunterXHunter (very very good... Watch the ovas!) Naruto> Bleach> Samurai champloo> Outlaw star> Kenshin> YuyuHakusho> Trigun...

Mostly... Yuyuhakusho,,, Onepeice... and Eureka7... If youve seen those... Outlaw start... Hagime no ippo... and hunterXhunter.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Matt you *******, give Zero your number so we can actually contact you lol.

:l Oh and what are some good Slice of life anime/comedy

matt4300

Smash Ace
Matt you *******, give Zero your number so we can actually contact you lol.

:l Oh and what are some good Slice of life anime/comedy
239 2656..

I called MLE like 3 times... Are you guys at a tourney?

Watch lovely complex... You won't regret it. Best shoujo ive ever seen.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ehm well no I'm not at a tournament. They must still be sleeping. I'll try calling too until they get soooo annoyed that they have to answer.

Ok lovely complex it is.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Smash General ----> Smash Workshop ----> browse. It's been so long since I've downloaded that they probably use a different version. It's going to require you to do some work :D.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol Serin don't take him seriously :p He's kidding.
I'll look for it having that I have the time now Jason. Earlier I was a bit occupied.
Posting from an iTouch felt cool. Now I'm on my Uncle's boss laptop. It's amazing. xD

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
does anyone want to come down to montevallo and smash with me..

or does no one have cars..

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh cool.
I really should have brought my wii here so I could have something to do lol.
I'm stuck to studying frame data and guides. I'm really eager to get better at this game. I just hope this helps in the least bit.

So far one thing I'm noticing is my lack of using Dancing Blade efficiently. I need to work on doing it faster, and using it as a punishing move.

:l...I need to do more retreating fairs too. My mentality in a focused mood in Tekken is to be defensive, because of how poor my aggression game is. Perhaps I should focus on being more efficient on my defensive play in smash.

eh back to taking more notes.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Which in my case would certainly be Dolphin slash and dancing blade.

After studying more videos from WABA, I compared some things from my Marth and Kadaj. Of course we have nothing in common but I noticed something.

It's pretty frequent in my style of play to create walls of fair and nair to try and intimidate an opponent. I didn't notice until now that it hurts me much more than it could possibly help me.

In my money match against Iblis my fair, dtilt, nair approach usually ended up in me taking much more damage than I should have. Me whiffing moves in general on purpose did that too. So I looked at the first match of Kadaj vs Reflex. Near the start and from there until near the end of the second stock Kadaj made sure most of his moves made contact, and very rarely whiffed attacks for the form of pressure. Near the end of the second stock however, he started to use walls with approaching fair, and whiffed frequently. Giving Reflex the momentum he needed to make the match much closer.

Pretty much what I got from this is....
To stop making a wall with fairs. Use retreating forward air. Make sure most of my attacks are tipped on shield, and direct during openings.

Back to more studying.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
With average players in our state that stuff works. Same with my current playstyle.

In a higher level of gameplay however, it wont. Well wait you're snake, so maybe so.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
there is definately a big gap between the people that do what smashboards tells you to really well, and the people that ascend that ****.

i always feel like im just running into a wall whenever i play someone like that sometimes.

ay zero. frrl though. i like SF and all that ****. like. i am willing to learn that **** and play it, too. i feel like it would MAKE ME BETTER AT SMASH TOO lol

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:l where has Winnar been guys?
I'm missing the dude

Edit: Matt, you'd be a hero to me if you could draw me an amazing fan pic of Shiina from Angel Beats. Preferably something more bad *** looking.

Or if Zero could find me some, having that my usual sources are lacking many pictures of her at all.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
you dont really learn too many useful things on smashboards.
the people that are really good traditionally don't really ever share their secrets
so you have a bunch of average players writing "the official guide to marth" as if its going to help someone

the only way ive gotten good at brawl is buy playing against leet players. and watching videos of myself. thats pretty much the only thing that works for me.
theorycrafting and **** seems to work for others, but i need to actually sit down and get punished and punish people before I can actually learn what works.

and i just take what i learn and try to simplify it to make it as easy as possible. and it works to some extent.

snake is just grab, dash attack or mortar slide, throw stuff.

thats how you play snake against most characters. or at least that how i play him. even in high level matches. it works if you are patient. in brawl i find that if i never approach and never try to punish anything i have the most success lol so i just run away and throw stuff, and try to sneak in dash attacks (and f-tilts if the person is inclined to get hit by them)...most high level players pretty much know the distance of f-tilt by heart so they rarely get hit.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why dont we just give up and start going to waba monthlies.

make them our monthly or whatever.

you know

go whenever you want.

because Al sucks

no more tournies here.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Would you guys come if I hosted a tournament? It'd be at the same venue where FAP is being held, which is free iirc so no venue fee.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I mean the guides are still somewhat helpful in a small way. The only one I'm currently looking at is frame data though...and yea I'm watching the 3 singles videos I have up that are current. :l I'm shocked at how well this could really help me.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you dont really learn too many useful things on smashboards.
the people that are really good traditionally don't really ever share their secrets
so you have a bunch of average players writing "the official guide to marth" as if its going to help someone

the only way ive gotten good at brawl is buy playing against leet players. and watching videos of myself. thats pretty much the only thing that works for me.
theorycrafting and **** seems to work for others, but i need to actually sit down and get punished and punish people before I can actually learn what works.
this is correct.

but sharing secrets usually just takes asking.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I have 0.0001% chance of going to July's monthly. The dates for APEX are possible, but I don't know if it's worth it. Will_ would definitely have to be going.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
So when AL decides to go to GA all the time for monthlies, can we, then, merge PRs?
The problem is that the PR would be stacked, and not everyone in Alabama can consistently attend Georgia tournaments. Suddenly the PR would be incredibly more exclusive. It wouldn't work out, and I don't see what's appealing about it in the first place.

Top Bottom