• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
So I've come to the realization that I work full time in the day this summer and do absolutely nothing at night. So I might take up smash again. Or is the scene dead now?
well, Zero Gamer still holds smashfests--I think I remember you, Im his sister. Theyre basically every weekend unless otherwise posted; this weekend we're heading to WaBa though.

I miss IHSB's avatar.

@BunBun, I liked the first one; how old are you?

@Slam, what beach are you at? I thought any beach near our area and neighboring states was affected by the oil spill.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<3 PS2 controller. If I could I'd get a converter.

Mom gave me the ok for Waba. <.<;; Jason are we riding with Emily, Matt, or Joel?

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Well, I already have 2 other people riding with me, which means I have 2 more seats if I take my mom's car. That'd be enough for Jason and Her-chan, but that means I couldn't fit Matt or anyone else who might want to come.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
well, I already reserved the rooms...so we can split the people for the car ride, but Im not sure what Matt wants to do on driving.

I got 2 rooms-- 2beds and a couch each--great price...i know it's a 3 hr trip but Id like to spend the night in Ga. So if you want to crash with us George it's fine with me.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I don't think that'd work out for David. I'm sure his mother would like him home that night, but I really appreciate it.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
He's a kid I know from Gamebox. He came with me to the Pokemon tournament earlier this month.

Oh, so I totally became inspired to play Game & Watch in Brawl.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i felt the same way about gw a while ago.
it ended when i found out i really couldnt b air EVERYTHING
:(

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
That's not why I became inspired. It's all about the nair. Plus, look at his animations, they're so cool.

I've also started revolutionizing Sheik. Ftilt? It's all about some UpB.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
sounds right.

im never MMing anyone then.

i have been telling you guys that sheik is #1 in brawl.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i absolutely can not play traditional fighting games with an analog stick or an arcade stick

when I play blazblue at home I usually hook up my Madcatz controller because it has a better dpad

I love the xbox 360 controller though, i think its the greatest controller of all time (for everything except fighting games, for which it is terrible)

ps2 is the best controller to play fighting games on imo.
ps3 control is too thin i think, but its still better than xbox to play fighting games on

but my fingers are ******** so im not the authority on this kind of thing
it's super fantastic for everything that doesn't require a dpad, that's for durn tootin'.

I agree with the finger johns.
you guys should realize that limited finger speed means not enough practice.

with your fingers.

wink wink

nudge nudge

Duchock

Smash Journeyman

with your fingers.

wink wink

nudge nudge
I've been twiddling analog sticks for as long as I can remember among various other acts with my fingers which details I shall spare. They still don't go the way I want them to.

nice1

Smash Lord
if i was goin id have no problem taking u trust me but since i've gotten back from combo breaker i've been driving back from selma to Montgomery alot since then and i'm hella tired of driving and i gotta work on this speech i'm going to deliver next week. I might go to the next one.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
it's super fantastic for everything that doesn't require a dpad, that's for durn tootin'.

with your fingers.

wink wink

nudge nudge
no, sleepy you got it all wrong.
in Al this is actually a legit excuse.

none of us actually think this is johning.
its legit as ****.
next time i lose in brackets ill just be like "cmon man, really? you gonna do that to me? i got ****ing bad fingers! what is your god**** problem. learn to have some ****ing sympathy!?"
and everyone is gonna be like
"agreed. it sucks to have bad fingers"

but only in AL

edit: did you check out those bands or were you expecting a pm? because i just posted the links.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
but in all honesty.
i really do feel like some people have bad fingers.
myself included.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
He's a kid I know from Gamebox. He came with me to the Pokemon tournament earlier this month.

Oh, so I totally became inspired to play Game & Watch in Brawl.
Oh wait I think I know this person! Is he a youngster who lives in Oak Mountain?

Handorin

Smash Hero

with your fingers.

wink wink

nudge nudge
You're asian though, you have yo use fingers. Everyone else uses their hand.

And then I realized it was SleepyK who said this, and his **** is huge anyways.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
change my chars to wario and mk

thats it.

that is really all the chars i have experiance with enough to win a match.

i decided not to drop wario.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I've been twiddling analog sticks for as long as I can remember among various other acts with my fingers which details I shall spare. They still don't go the way I want them to.
i wasn't referring to sticks of analogue

strong homo?

no, sleepy you got it all wrong.
in Al this is actually a legit excuse.

none of us actually think this is johning.
its legit as ****.
next time i lose in brackets ill just be like "cmon man, really? you gonna do that to me? i got ****ing bad fingers! what is your god**** problem. learn to have some ****ing sympathy!?"
and everyone is gonna be like
"agreed. it sucks to have bad fingers"

but only in AL

edit: did you check out those bands or were you expecting a pm? because i just posted the links.
o i've been camping swf for a pm, but i'll go back and check the posts.

and really training your fingers to do something is just like training any other part of your body to do something. muscle memory, good practice, etc.

EH?
GET IT?

C000OO0O00CKZ

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Oh wait I think I know this person! Is he a youngster who lives in Oak Mountain?
That's right. I've been trying to get him to come to a tournament for a while.
hey george, is there room in your car for the return trip? I may get dropped off at waba on the way back from sc.
That depends on what I hear back from Adam and Dave, but more than likely, we'll be able to fit you in.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
IF Matt doesn't come or if he decides he too worried to ride in my car and takes his, (I think he thinks Im a bad driver--this where J posts and says "It's bc you are") then you're more than welcome to come with us.

I dont have his # so I cant call him, we'll just have to wait and see if he gets on SWF sometime.

George, are you trying to meet us at my place and ride out together or just meet there?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
That's right. I've been trying to get him to come to a tournament for a while.
That depends on what I hear back from Adam and Dave, but more than likely, we'll be able to fit you in.
Sweet! XD Havent seen him in about a year.

Hey are we doing a massive Pre WABA smashfest at Jason's place?

Top Bottom