• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Im hoping. :] Gathering $50 before Saturday is going to be a bit iffy. <.< Im going to finish the tons of chores that my brothers wont do (ever) and go from there.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Is it the same reason as all the other tournaments you couldn't go to, Slam? (extra-curricular activities)

I would love to go to WABA. George, you still going? Also, let's all invade the WABA thread and try to hype Brawl+. That's the only way to get Matt to come with us.

Also, don't bother with the boss in story mode, Kola. Lmao, the thing is freaking broken and it took me a long time to beat it with Alisa, then I learned that beating Arcade doesn't unlock the story movies for Alisa/Lars. :/

Handorin

Smash Hero
So, Moogle, I won't see you guys for TWO YEARS and you might go to some rave thing instead of seeing me? Son, I am disappoint.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
so Will_

What were you on the news for?

I missed it :(
I was at a job fair today(sponsored by waff) and they picked me for a short interview. Thing is I watched both shows and they didn't use it. But they didn't cover it yet so they might use it later, I'll have it recorded if they ever put it up.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Most people prefer HoN to LoL. I got excited when I heard Guinsoo was heading up LoL, but really he's just not as good as he use to be. The later DotA team members did a lot better job with HoN.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
Is it the same reason as all the other tournaments you couldn't go to, Slam? (extra-curricular activities)

I would love to go to WABA. George, you still going? Also, let's all invade the WABA thread and try to hype Brawl+. That's the only way to get Matt to come with us.

Also, don't bother with the boss in story mode, Kola. Lmao, the thing is freaking broken and it took me a long time to beat it with Alisa, then I learned that beating Arcade doesn't unlock the story movies for Alisa/Lars. :/
no. i decided to go to the beach on a whim.
god. i really need to learn how to be less random.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya

<.< yea, I'm only trying to beat the arcade once so I can have my achievement and be happy.

Oh and I mastered a stupid easy 10 hit combo that seems to only be a 10 hit link. Dumb game mechanics.

In easy terms its just this
C A D C C D C C CD C
I can barely move my right shoulder
From Basketball camp?

After story!!!!!
YESSSSS your crying will increase by 10x the amount when you're finished with it?

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
So E3. My favorite so far is the Kirby game.

I just <3 it. Reminds me so much of the dramatic art direction Yoshi's island/story took.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wii
Zelda: Skyward Sword
Kirby Epic Yarn
Epic Mickey
GoldenEye Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Metroid Other M

3DS
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Kingdom Hearts
Resident Evil
Assassins Creed
METAL GEAR SOLID
Kid Icarus

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Hopefully, I'm going to the Waba monthly. I have to see if David and Phi want to ride with me. Cars are too small.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
<.< yea, I'm only trying to beat the arcade once so I can have my achievement and be happy.

Oh and I mastered a stupid easy 10 hit combo that seems to only be a 10 hit link. Dumb game mechanics.

In easy terms its just this
C A D C C D C C CD C

From Basketball camp?

YESSSSS your crying will increase by 10x the amount when you're finished with it?
Yeah, don't bother with the 10 hit link. It's worthless for the majority of the cast.

By the way, the notation for Tekken is different because there is no light/medium/heavy setup. It's actually left punch (x), right punch (y), left kick (a). right kick (b), or, 1, 2, 3, and 4, respectively. Idk, it's wierd.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Man, I don't understand people who visualise controller layouts as the Xbox controller.

True facts: when I'm using an Xbox controller, I'm wishing it was a Playstation controller. It's never A, B, X, Y; Cross, Circle, Square, Triangle and B, A, Y, X are the only acceptable button layouts. The Xbox controller has the worst D-Pad in existence; since I grew up on SNES controllers, a good D-Pad is necessary. The Start button is too close to X on the 360 controller. Basically, the Xbox 360 controller is like an interestingly designed 3rd-party controller in that it's functional, but the flaws leave a bad aftertaste.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
thats the reason why i bought a gamecube instead of an xbox when they first came out.

i had played an xbox, played halo i think, and was not able to understand the control layout and ended up just sucking for like 3 hours.
and i liked the ps2 and gamecube controllers.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Good lord, I thought it was common sense to use the analog stick on the 360 controller, but appears I was wrong.

Use the stick, not the pad. It is very precise and natural feeling. PS2 controller is garbage. It's the one thing that really holds me back from enjoying Street Fighter II/III, Arcana Heart, Melty Blood. The way I see it, the 360 controller is best for every genre of games compared to the PS3.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i absolutely can not play traditional fighting games with an analog stick or an arcade stick

when I play blazblue at home I usually hook up my Madcatz controller because it has a better dpad

I love the xbox 360 controller though, i think its the greatest controller of all time (for everything except fighting games, for which it is terrible)

ps2 is the best controller to play fighting games on imo.
ps3 control is too thin i think, but its still better than xbox to play fighting games on

but my fingers are ******** so im not the authority on this kind of thing

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
anybody else get really bad thumb blisters from playing fighting games on a d pad?
the trick is to keep playing until they burst open with blood, then use the blood as a lubricant to play faster.

Top Bottom