• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Olimar never ***** them janitor. :X
snake players for a while have been under the impression for the longest that snake vs olimar was basically unwinnable...and olimars have been wrecking dedede's for a while
but new developments have been made
dedede's actually think that they beat olimar 55/45 now i think

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
You don't need all the Alabama TO's to decide it. I think the point is to get any TOs that are willing to agree to it to sign on, such that a 'ban' would become infeasible.

Honestly, after reading half a page of the MK discussion thread, my brain started to shut down because of people who don't understand statistics and circular arguments and oh God it hurts.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hurrah I like that petition

Alright I'm done cleaning and stuff.

922 Gardens Place
Hoover al

blah blah if you actually need the zip and stuff post here.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I think we discussed at the TCS last year that Lucario dittos were the absolute height of the Brawl metagame and should thus be banned permanently.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lucario dittos.

my eyes have not been scarred by ones of those yet.

my precious, virgin eyes.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
To those thinking of hosting a tournament on the 27th. There is a tournament in Albany, Georgia on the 27th. My brother, Calvin, Billy, and Myself are planning to attend the Albany tournament, so we wouldn't be able to make it if you guys decided to hold one on that day.
Quoted for the rest of AL to come to this :-)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Winnar, sorry dude. :(

Apparently I am a "notable Tournament Organizer" and have been invited to represent "my region" in the Official Metaknight Allowed Region (OMAR). Is AL an OMAR?
I think it's fair to say that we're an "OMAR" for now, considering no TOs in AL will ban/have banned Meta Knight.

snake players for a while have been under the impression for the longest that snake vs olimar was basically unwinnable...and olimars have been wrecking dedede's for a while
There would likely have been a massive influx of Oli players into the scene if he had a great matchup against Snake...

Just sayin...

(And before anyone asks, no I don't think MK is enough of a deterrent if he did have a great matchup against Snake.)

i'm going to start a petition to ban olimar and lucario
I like it.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
pretty sure the last one I saw literally lasted the maximum amount of time that its possible for a two out of three set to last
You are correct.

The set went to time all three matches too.

And it was a set in pools.

It was a set in our pool.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wait 20 minutes?
xD It takes you 20 minutes to get from my house to yours? It takes me like 5 minutes max lol.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Are you taking 31 to Lorna road? (aka little Mexico) I mean it's pretty simple. I'll try and think of the route as if I were leaving your apt.

Ok turn right when you get down the hill that leads up to your complex. Turn left when you reach the light at the Waffle house. Keep going until you reach the light that leads you to 31, take a right. Then you'll eventually reach a light that has a little plaza and a hill to the left. Take that Hill and keep going until you cross the bridge. Turn left at the light closest to the entrance to the apt complex "The Willows".

The rest should be easy lol.
<.<;; unless you're a slow driver and you've been taking this route the entire time, I don't see how it could possibly take 20 minutes to get from my place to yours.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
<.<;; I don't know my roads well at all, actually let me confirm this via google maps.

Edit: lol even Google Maps has a time that's half of what it takes you to get here.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So from one phone call today the odds of me going to that tournament this weekend went from 80 to 20.
I may be going to Gadsen this weekend to visit my Godparents. : ( I'll be missing out one on of AL's biggest tournaments.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
You can like... grab them

And then I can 9 them and stuff

soooooooo broke
Their down B would be the Wizard's Urn, a propelled version of G&W's bucket. So this time you can catch projectles WHILE ON THE MOVE. Best move ever.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Who told you that?

I do think Olimar is overhyped from an Olimar's perspective, but it's certainly close to even IMHO.

Dan where you at?

Top Bottom