• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Mobile doesn't have enough compition.Shin Marth you need to come back to Mobile for one good weekend. J. rudolph has gotten much better though, but it's not enough. You know you want to come down here. Your the only person down here on my level here. At least that I know of.

J.rudolph

Smash Apprentice
dang i cant wait for dezereck to come back and destroy us with dk
dam he's gay ................................................................................................................................................................................................................and a pedifile:chuckle:

joseph is so awesome with peach it doesnt make any sense.

Sensei

Smash Lord
^^ Theif

Moogle, when are you coming to my ssb tournaments? :D
The ssb tourney won't be complete wihout your pressecne.
I'm not sure when the next one will be hosted but I can promise you it will be a blast!

moogle

Smash Ace
Sensei called Sensai a Theif.... now where's Thief? :psycho:

I wanna go to a Jersey smash64 tournament! November is probably too soon. I'm thinking December or January or February.

lovin michael x

Smash Rookie
wow i feel so left out lol...i haven't been on here since september...-gasp- :) stupid work...anyways i wanna smash with someone...i've already played moogle...pwned, i was lol...but if anyone feels like gracing athens with their presence come on down...:laugh: or i could drive to huntsville on the weekends if anyone's ever bored...oh yeah and khan, my mom said she might actually let me go out your way to play smash with you if you're game...haha i made a funny...:chuckle: anyways someone message me or post back if you wanna play sometime...hopefully i might actually be decent enough to go to a tourny soon...well have fun guys!!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
What's goin' on everyboby! Man it's been a while. I just had some major encouragement about trying to be apart of the MLG Pro Curcuit, the games: melee and halo.And the last place, the last person to give me this encouragement was my MOM.The thing is I have a team, but there aren't as serious minded about this as I am at least about the MLG.If you good and confiedent, WHY NOT? And I know for a fact there's somebody somewhere that feels the same way I do if not on this thread, somewhere.And to show my skill i'll do the best I can to show a few matches of mine on YouTube.com sometime this week or the next. I go by (BOOM) when i play. And if you want to play me i'll come to you, in Mobile, Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, I don't give a F*** .The only thing that I want is to have the privilege to meet somebody who is serious about this as i am and who's down about the MLG thing. But i can only play you during the weekend because i work mon through fri.I want to take my game to the next level. I just don't want to do it alone, but I will if I have to. I just hope that someone from this thread would join me. To represent Alabama and to show people that it's talented and skilled players here too.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO SENSAi. I just watched your Fox matches and he's not bad either. Just SLH with sometimes and your waveshine is ok just wavedash foward with it or backwards depending on the senario and shorthop out of it sometimes and sexkick and drill out of it every now and then. And don't be scared to shine someone while there off the stage to. But other than that your Fox is pretty good.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rag, you should come up and play me sometime. I'm looking for someone to play who isn't Muffin (speaking of which, Moogle, are we EVER gonna play? Call me sometime. I know we just had that tourney, but who cares?).

And Rag, my Fox sucks. You don't have to be kind about it. :-D My fingers just don't move the way I need them to to be decent with him, so I dropped him (mostly) and main Ganon now. He fits my style better.

But seriously, we should play sometime. If you want, I'll PM you a number, or you can send me yours or something. Anytime during the weekend would be fine.

[Edit:]

Loving michael, same goes for you. Drive up to Huntsville some time.

Hell, if you and Rag came up on the same weekend, we could have some kinda Smashfest somewhere or another. 5 or 10 people or so.

R

redspex

spex- samus/marth
huntsville al.

where do you guys in huntsvegas go to play?

moogle

Smash Ace
redspex: Usually we play at each other's houses. We used to have something going at The Deep, but it stopped. If you wanna play sometime, hit me up on AIM (moogle561) or MSN (moogle56@hotmail.com) or post here. And welcome to the boards.

Hazygoose: Oklahoma is far... :o

Sensai: I'd play everyday if you're up to it. This weekend is busy, but the weekday nights are fine. Oh yeah, in reply to your post in the START thread... I can play Peach. :p

ragnarock: Glad to see such aspiration. Though a little advice: try for the AL/MS/TN/AR top20 first, before setting your eyes on the MLG Pro Circuit. Those regional power rankings are coming out this week or next. The panelists from Alabama are me and Thief... so play one of us if you want to be known.

anyone: Some videos have surfaced from START Smashing in Muscle Shoals, AL, this past weekend.
Look through this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=89461
or this link:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ihavespaceballs
or this link (downloadable vids):
http://hosted.filefront.com/Chaddical/1881067

I'm in there somewhere...

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
haha, i know OK is far.
as a matter of fact, the day after the tournament i have to make the 14-hour drive to spend christmas with my family in semmes/mobile. so i can understand.

[_-T4RN1SH-_]

Smash Journeyman
Well now that the tourny is over im bored and impatient on waiting for my Wii, anywho anyone who might want to smash this coming weekend or sometime this week and still has my cell gimme a call and see if we cant smash.

P.S. - It will be at Scrappy's so no worries

Sensai

Smash Master
Moogle, you're going to play me in Peach until I can 5 stock you.

Yes, 5 stock.

And I'd be willing to play everynight this week, but I'm camping out for a PS3 starting tomorrow (sigh). Then I'll have my Wii...so I don't see much Smashing in the immediate future.

But seriously. When you get a free moment, let's do some smashing. Next week, anytime is good for me.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO Moogle, I appriciate the information and I do want to be known, I'll follow your advice and do that. Can't wait to play you.

YO Sensai, I'll be able to play you week after next because next week. I'm go to a tournament in Florida MvC 2, and Sreetfighter Third Srike. I might enter for CvS 2. Looking foward to playing you.

R

Ruecian

Hey, i just joined today, and didnt expect to find anyone in my area, obviously i was wrong. Put me up as Ruecian - Dr. Mario - Florence Alabama. I look forward to smashing with you, fellow brothers.

moogle

Smash Ace
Welcome aboard, Ruecian. T4rn1sh posted a few posts back, wanting to play in Florence. Find him. :p

Next week, I want to play against Sensai (and associates) and Shin Marth and redspex... maybe all at once. ;) Maybe Monday night? Maybe other nights. We'll figure something out.

And... I'm most likely going to Devotion (near Atlanta) on November 26. Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=84651

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Hey Moogle, I need some info on how to going about getting ranked. If you know a website or anything, that'll help alot.

Sensai

Smash Master
Rag, get good. That's all there is to it, as far as I know.

I camped out for a PS3....z0mg! 32 hours in WalMart....it's my new definition of Hell.

Moogle, when you say you want to play me...which day is that? Give me a numerical date, not Monday. Camping out has effed my mental clock in the aye.

And also...Wii comes out tomorrow night, so good luck attempting to drag me away from it. (Yes, I'll play. It's ****ing SMASH!)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rag, get good. That's all there is to it, as far as I know.

I camped out for a PS3....z0mg! 32 hours in WalMart....it's my new definition of Hell.

Moogle, when you say you want to play me...which day is that? Give me a numerical date, not Monday. Camping out has effed my mental clock in the aye.

And also...Wii comes out tomorrow night, so good luck attempting to drag me away from it. (Yes, I'll play. It's ****ing SMASH!)
Gerbil started camping out for the Wii last night; he's making sure to get it.

Hey, I actually got to play Smash with my crew yesterday, too. I haven't been able to for over a month; it was way overdue. Luckily, the practice I've had with my older brother has been helping me steadily, as well; I've been messing around with Game and Watch a lot recently, and I've still been practicing with the Boozer. Good stuff.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What's goin' on everyboby! Man it's been a while. I just had some major encouragement about trying to be apart of the MLG Pro Curcuit, the games: melee and halo.And the last place, the last person to give me this encouragement was my MOM.The thing is I have a team, but there aren't as serious minded about this as I am at least about the MLG.If you good and confiedent, WHY NOT? And I know for a fact there's somebody somewhere that feels the same way I do if not on this thread, somewhere.And to show my skill i'll do the best I can to show a few matches of mine on YouTube.com sometime this week or the next. I go by (BOOM) when i play. And if you want to play me i'll come to you, in Mobile, Huntsville, Birmingham, Montgomery, I don't give a F*** .The only thing that I want is to have the privilege to meet somebody who is serious about this as i am and who's down about the MLG thing. But i can only play you during the weekend because i work mon through fri.I want to take my game to the next level. I just don't want to do it alone, but I will if I have to. I just hope that someone from this thread would join me. To represent Alabama and to show people that it's talented and skilled players here too.
To be honest, I've been entertaining the thought of this for a long while, now. It's been a dream of mine to do such a thing for some kind of fighting game. At first it was Super SFII, and now it's Smash. I think that I'm a talented and/or skilled player, and I'm sure that people will vouch for me. I plan to do well at Devotion, and land a spot on my area's Power Rankings. Catch me on a messenger or something; I'd be more than happy to hear what you have to say on this subject.

Alabama, represent~

(Oh, and I apologize for the double-post.)

ragnarock

Smash Lord
YO, The Reflex Wonder, what's going on. Man, if your skilled and talented, GO FOR IT!! Even though hard thing about that is the traveling around. But it might be easier for you than me though. I hope you get a great spot on your area's Power Rankings. The sky is the limit, but if you think about it you can go pass the sky if you put you heart into it.

Sensai

Smash Master
20 people are in line at Walmart for the Wii right now. Heh....that's the Super WalMart for anyone Huntsville people here, located on South Parkway.

I'mma go dance around and flash my preorder slip in their faces, laughing all the while...

R

Ruecian

I just started getting interested in tournaments and such, ive always been good at console games i play. Though i usually only play with my close friends. I would like to see how much more skilled people can be. And i guess tournaments are the place to find those people. Unfortunately i am unable to go far to join a tournament. (i live in florence, which is about a 2 hour drive from huntsville.) It MAY be possible for me to go to a huntsville tournament, but very unlikely... thus i am forced to wait for closer tournaments to arrise... =( If anyone is having, or would like to set up a tournament near florence, let me know ^^. If help is needed setting up a tournament i will help as much as life allows. Actually, since i havent played smash in so long, i would rather just get together with a few peeps and smash for a while, need to take off some of the rust i have built up...

Sensai

Smash Master
Well Rue, if you could come to Huntsville, you wouldn't ever be short on Smashers.

Coach, Moogle, Muffin, Sephranos and then a few of my friends (me included). You'd get exposed to a lot of characters too.

moogle

Smash Ace
Sensai: Tuesday night, November 21, after dinner. I picked the time, now you pick the location. ;) And get on AIM sometime!

Sensai

Smash Master
Your house sounds like a great location. :-D

But sadly, Tuesday is the ONLY day of the week that I'm just not open. I tutor a kid on Tuesday, then get tutored.

Tuesday's out. Choose another time.

R

Ruecian

Well sensai, like i said, huntsville is 2 hours away, and i dont even have a license yet, so huntsville will be a rare occasion for me...

R

redspex

i'm down for smash just about any time this week after 5pm wed. i dont have work or class again untill monday, just let me know when and where to bring my controller

Sensai

Smash Master
Ah hell, it's thanksgiving week...

Oh, and on some related (somewhat?) news, a friend of mine is throwin' a big Wii party, rightfully dubbed 'Adam's Big Wii Party'. If anyone's interested, I can PM you directions and such. Just say you know me (Sensai/McKee [pronounced Muh-key]) and you'll be fine.

I say this because it'll start Wii, but turn into Smash. It's gonna be Saturday night.

moogle

Smash Ace
Tonight (Wednesday night) is iffy.... I might have things going on... I might not.

Thursday is Thanksgiving... we should leave that day alone. :p

Friday seems good for smashing, if everyone's not gone... I'm off of work, and people should be out of school. Day or night is good for me.

Saturday/Sunday... I'm most likely going to Devotion, near Atlanta... even if I have to go alone. :(

Sensai

Smash Master
Saturday during the day is better for me. During the night I have plans.

And I'm at my girlrfriend's house playing Tennis on the Wii....haha.

Sensai

Smash Master
Bump...kinda.

Moogle. When you see this, call me. You have my number, I believe. I need some help from someone older then 18. :-D

Help me?

Top Bottom