• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well George was talking about tomorrow as in Monday
Jason, Mslano, and myself are smashing today
Interested?

j00t

Smash Champion
Are we playing the same game? It's no ALttP or Link's Awakening, but it has so much charm, the lack of difficulty so far is a non-issue. The game doesn't seem to be designed behind the console philosophy of Zelda. It's a really pick up and play for a few minutes, put it away for a bit, get to the next area, beat the next room in the dungeon. Don't try to blaze through it.

Also, I want to play. Tomorrow might work.
It is pretty much exactly the same as Phantom Hourglass. There's a central location you have to return to after you beat a temple, the travel method is pretty much a boat on land, and everything else is the same.

I don't hate the game, I just can't tell if I'm playing Spirit Tracks or Phantom Hourglass sometimes. :/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol at the bizarreness

JWT
Joined Jul 2006
764 Post count

CHEAP
Joined Jul 2007

Kola
Joined Jul 2008

Yea I'm bored xD

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
So yea looking at controllers from both the sites J00T referred me to and

From play-asia.com
White GC Controller (Improved buttons according to consumers)
for $24
$10 shipping and handling

From Nintendo-online
Platnium GC Controller
for $24
Possible shipping and handling?

Either way this is going to cost me some money lol so I'm probably going to use some of my tournament funds and buy this ;P

._. because I need a new controller

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I was thinking the white one too

even though it costs more I just wanna have it.
Plus it has a longer cord than the average ones, ;D and smoother button control.

*puts on list*

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I recommend someone bring a wii when they come over.

Mine hasn't been working all week. I'm getting mad rusty ;_;

Also, I play a good Diddy. I can help with the matchup, but can someone PLEASE help me to fight Olimar? He's been my bane since Brawl came out.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
no seriously. who the **** wants to go to final round with me?
Slam read this
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258993

If we want smash at that tournament, we all need to contribute and just say we're interested. It's not like we're paying. Or so Dogy stated.

Also, I play a good Diddy. I can help with the matchup, but can someone PLEASE help me to fight Olimar? He's been my bane since Brawl came out.
I'll bring mine, but make sure someone else brings theirs I wouldn't want everyone to bank on me and me not bring mine lol. ._.

Uh I can pick him and use cstick and whatnot.
xD It's not going to help you beat Dan but hey it's something.

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is simple. Push him off the side of the stage and grab the ledge.

Back me up on this Dan Gee-aRr.

Also, get the white controller. They are so much better and worth the few extra bucks. I bought one and never looked back, mostly because the controllers I had before were second hand anyway. Which reminds me, Kevin. You still have one of them. It has a broken c-stick, that's all I remember about it. Not like I care about it anyway.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Hmm alright so I'm not making a dumb buy ;D

Ok so yea, who's leaving to Zero's place right now? Slano? CHEAP?

Xeedoc

Smash Cadet
That reminds me, my controller I've been using was a friend's who I thought I'd never see again.
I saw him the other day at a friend's house where I played some melee.
I'm stuck with a madcatz which it's a and b buttons are stuck. It's usable, but yea...

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace

Who's your main?

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
There is going to be a Play N Trade tourney for Brawl in Huntsville on February 20th.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm pretty sure I'm not going Diddy or Falco yet, but they do show promise. I've only played Diddy for a single day and I acknowledge that he's capable of all sorts of stupid stuff.

Falco is fun and I mess around with him from time to time, but mine isn't very good.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I mean regardless it's going to be a character I'll have to learn

I've played alot of PTs online xD although I'm sure you'll still two stock me or something

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my other characters play as well as my Roy does?

I was doing stuff with him today that almost made Zero quit playing. Example: Grab (at 0%) > Forward Throw > Tech Chase Forward B (Forward, Forward, Down) > Jumping Neutral B > Falling Neutral B > Immediate Up B to Edge Hog.

I can't help but imagine if I could pull off the same caliber of combo with say, Peach or Falco. That would be devastating.

Maybe I should just main Roy.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
He's talking about that d-throw chaingrab that doesn't work :p
Buffered Boosted Dthrow CG.

Still a fairly new discovery. Exact details are not complete. It is confirmed that Dedede, for at least some length of damage, cannot spotdodge/escape this when done correctly. How long this CG lasts/when it can start is not known, nor how staleness affects it (like it affects most of his CG's). Based on the trajectory of Dedede's path, I am looking into whether or not this works on Snake and Metaknight as well. Snake I have a hunch it will work on. Metaknight I am less certain of.
No, it's not what you thought.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Does anyone have any ideas on how to make my other characters play as well as my Roy does?

I was doing stuff with him today that almost made Zero quit playing. Example: Grab (at 0%) > Forward Throw > Tech Chase Forward B (Forward, Forward, Down) > Jumping Neutral B > Falling Neutral B > Immediate Up B to Edge Hog.

I can't help but imagine if I could pull off the same caliber of combo with say, Peach or Falco. That would be devastating.

perhaps because you
1) don't put enough practice into the other characters
2) don't put the right kind of practice to other characters
***a) have limited scope of vision for combos since you don't put in the right kind of practice
******i) therefore, when you play a character you are unfamiliar with, you can create flowing combos since you're just experimenting.
if 2 is true, then
3) watch the better players to see what you should be doing to combo or approach or handle situations so they lead to combos.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I think the main thing is that playing Roy just feels right (which it has since I first picked him up after playing friendlies with a Roy player at MELEE-FC). Since everything I do in this game is based on feel (rather than precise, practiced motions), Roy always seems to do well for me, even though I haven't played with him for the past two years as much as I've played with other characters.

It's not even about combos (that example was just what I thought of because Zero was so upset right after it). Everything I do with Roy is better than with other characters, whether it be DI, tech chasing, shield pressure, or spacing. If the skill I had doing Roy stuff could be transferred into doing Ganon stuff or Peach stuff or Falco stuff or Marth stuff, that would be pretty fantastic.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Lol DMG, that Dthrow buffer CG does NOT work on D3.

If you have the frame data and video to prove me wrong, please do so.

j00t

Smash Champion

What you are seeking is going to come mostly from character experience. I think it is safe to say that you are most experienced with Roy based on the times we have played together (nohomo).

Just play Falco and Peach more. If there is some technical aspect that you aren't consistent with yet, then practice that. That's pretty much all I can say. :/

Just put a LV6 Fox on FD and practice combos I guess.

EDIT: Disregard this post if you aren't talking about combos. >_>;

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
.-. thats looking like the outcome of our Vestavia ones. Seems nice though, good to see we're trying to kick Spring season's beginning with a ton of tournaments.

Hmm that would be
6th possible tourney.

Top Bottom