• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I got:

a new, sleek, sexy computer
All 26 episodes and movie DVD boxset of RahXephon
All 12 episodes + OVA DVD Boxset of Elfen Lied
First DVD of Baccano!
LoZ: Twilight Princess

I live at my venue now so I can't visit the boards much, but I am getting internet on Monday so you'll have to wait for the thread.

If y'all wanna Smash tomorrow then I will say that y'all can come over anytime tomorrow, unless I state otherwise.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Eh I'm understanding I just had no idea thinking that way made people worse. I simply thought it made losing alot more tolerable.

and if I didn't lose everytime I played melee, or maybe even knew how to use a few techs, I'd be ok with playing it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I got the God Father Trilogy, some clothes (Super Paper Mario Shirt, Pajamas, Space Invaders Shirt), a nice Mechanical Watch, $140 in cash, a Cologne Sampler, Leather Wallet, etc

I am a happy man now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Melee improves your techskill. Play that game over Brawl if you want tech skill. Unless you are trying to DACUS with Shiek or pull off some frame perfect BS like that consistently lol.

SDI+Tech is helpful thing to learn for Brawl. Might as well practice on that.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i like georgia dudes
i like NC bros

what can i say?

and idk im in montgomery right now and wont be back until the 9th or something :(

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I don't have work tomorrow, so I'll stop by for some Melee, perhaps some Brawl+ as well.

Also, Kola, you like Marth in Brawl, so playing Melee Marth will be like a dream. He's just better at everything.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Also, for those who haven't seen it, you should watch the movie Moon. It's really quite good. It wasn't what I expected going into it, but it is very intriguing.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I don't have work tomorrow, so I'll stop by for some Melee, perhaps some Brawl+ as well.

Also, Kola, you like Marth in Brawl, so playing Melee Marth will be like a dream. He's just better at everything.
Melee Marth is like a train wreck to me haha.

<.< I'll stop complaining and play the game tonight, I'm getting wrecked in wifi tonight so I need something else to play.

j00t

Smash Champion
Melee Marth is like a train wreck to me haha.

<.< I'll stop complaining and play the game tonight, I'm getting wrecked in wifi tonight so I need something else to play.
Stop playing Wifi, it sucks.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Wifi helps me for some reason
thats what I think anyway. .-. I have no real way of proving it but I believe it's helping me with some matchups. Even though I'm losing lol.

I got some rep in the OTL Boards (b' ')b

So Kola is dead >_>

Wow I had no idea who he was until this tourney, and he is pretty darn good @__@

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Wifi helps me for some reason
thats what I think anyway. .-. I have no real way of proving it but I believe it's helping me with some matchups. Even though I'm losing lol.
You usually learn a lot more if you lose than if you win.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol Yea I'll admit losing is helping me realize my playstyle isn't doing crraaaap

btw I played a Diddy today and the whole banana thing stomps me. I'm thinking of risking it and just holding the banana and using my specials to prevent a banana lock.

Dumb? Smart? Neither?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
diddy on wifi is completely broken.
almost unbeatable if the player spams enough.
the only loses i ever had on the aib ladder were to diddys.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol I think
Wolf/Diddy/Snake/and Metaknight are all really gay on Wi-Fi

x.x I run into snake fsmashes on wifi

Anyway D: I need to figure out this Diddy thing or else Elev8 is going to destroy me next time we play at a tournament.

btw did Reflex ever decide if he was converting to Diddy too?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Well, as Sheik, I usually use her speed to grab the bananas, throw them off stage, and keep as close to Diddy as I can so he doesn't pull out any more. Marth is also fairly fast on the ground, so he should be able to do this.

Also, do not think Diddy without bananas is not a threat. He is still a fairly good character without them.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i need to figure out whether i like
Kill_
or
Chil_
or
Lil_
or
Real_
or
Pill_

its not lammmmme duchok!

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Since anytime is a bit vague, I will make a suggestion of 1:00 tomorrow for smash. I guess we'll go to Jason's since he's immobile.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
I got Spirit Tracks (And I must say I am disappointed in it so far.)
Are we playing the same game? It's no ALttP or Link's Awakening, but it has so much charm, the lack of difficulty so far is a non-issue. The game doesn't seem to be designed behind the console philosophy of Zelda. It's a really pick up and play for a few minutes, put it away for a bit, get to the next area, beat the next room in the dungeon. Don't try to blaze through it.

Also, I want to play. Tomorrow might work.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Possible chance of playing George Tomorrow? Awesome

I'll try being there for the majority of the week Jason because I want to improve so badly lulz

Oh hey I need to get into Blazblue too, so I wanna give a shot at that if theres a chance.

Top Bottom