• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why is everyone so hostile?

life is good.
life is good.

so i heard we may get a tounrey in montgomery?
serin needs to talk... now.
or suffer the consequences.
oh, the consequences...

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm officially going to TCS5, woo, I need doubles and low tier doubles partners!

Also, does anyone in b'ham wish to smash this week/today?

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
billy said he might team with me for tcs...
but if he doesnt wanna team, cheap?

Wine

Smash Cadet
wow, i havent been on here in a while. im pumped about tcs.. T1J and me for doubles...will_ and me for low tier... we got this!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ATTENTION, ALABAMA!!!!

Are any of you attending HOBO 17 on august 1st(its 13 days away)? Its a metaknight banned event and if ANY oos player makes top 4 they will collect an extra 150$. Those 2 terms are MORE than enough reason to come to HOBO 17. So please, if ANY of you are going i need to know within THIS week so i can get you housing.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237716

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
why is our thread so dead, cmon. its literally always dead.
i thought every state was like us... but... they arent....
they talk alotalot and have tourneys alotalot and hang out alotalot...

who is going to south east battles and wants to team with me?

*waits 3 days for a reply.

im so bad at getting teeammates forreal though. lol i have teamed with random people the last 3 tourneys ive been to. mabey the last 4.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
why is our thread so dead, cmon. its literally always dead.
i thought every state was like us... but... they arent....
they talk alotalot and have tourneys alotalot and hang out alotalot...

who is going to south east battles and wants to team with me?

*waits 3 days for a reply.

im so bad at getting teeammates forreal though. lol i have teamed with random people the last 3 tourneys ive been to. mabey the last 4.
i always team with random ppl
well random good people

our thread is dead because there's only like 6 ppl in AL that post here regularly

and I think AL's community is made up of relatively older people in general who have less time to spend all day on the internet because they have actual life stuff to do

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
im just talking about activity in general but i guess the same rule can apply as a reason we arent a very active state.
t1j are you going to game battles?
i still want someone to team with me....

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
So yeah I'm pretty hyped for the next TCS. The main event is always the side tourney for me though. lol Don't know why they are just always the most fun. I at least need a partner for the low tier doubles I don't even care if I get a partner for the normal doubles though it would be nice. My friend from the last tourney won't be coming this time. :( So who wants to team for low tier? Scourge!!! Are you going? Since we are like rivals in all the side tourneys it would be fitting for us to team for once. lol I'm totally willing to go Team Bounty Hunter if someone wants to use Falcon with my Samus though. lol

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would probably go to BatGG, but there might not be any Brawl, so... uh... you do the math.

(This is where one of the Melee fanboys inserts a cliche Brawl joke to look cool.)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I watched the occasional hyped up, big crowd, bigger names Brawl match at Genesis.
In all seriousness, I have no idea what anyone sees in that game anymore.

Power of Slash

Smash Ace
The mental aspect, if I had to throw stuff out there.

I'unno. I personally just play as a way of setting goals for myself and such. + the community is amazing.

It's not entertaining to watch, but given the right situation. It can be pretty entertaining to play.

If a serious answer was really needed then... yeah that'd be my serious answer.

j00t

Smash Champion
The mental aspect, if I had to throw stuff out there.

I'unno. I personally just play as a way of setting goals for myself and such. + the community is amazing.

It's not entertaining to watch, but given the right situation. It can be pretty entertaining to play.

If a serious answer was really needed then... yeah that'd be my serious answer.
wat .

j00t

Smash Champion
I dunno, the "the community is amazing" thing kinda threw me off :p. Depends on what part of the community you're talking about.

The part of the community that actually attends tourneys (atleast in my experience) are really cool people to hang out with... but most people on the boards kind of suck. :x

Saintrage, if you want to smash tomorrow then do you think you could come at around 7 p.m.? I get out of class then, and Andy went on vacation until Wednesday. If you don't see this, then... we'll see you on Thursday. :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
*likes playing brawl*
*likes watching brawl*
*likes learning about brawl*
*doesn't like the brawl community*
*doesn't like the melee community anymore since brawl came out they all turned into elitist dumb****s*
*shrugs*

what the **** is south east battles

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
VISIONS HAS CONFIRMED THE TOURNAMENT IN MONTGOMERY AL

THREAD WILL BE MADE IN THE NEXT 24HRS

THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 2ND 2009

caps

nice1

Smash Lord
if AL doesn't go to SEB which i won't be there i better see all yall at final round in 2010 the dates are march 12-14 brawl will be played on sat. and melee on fri. thats gives yall 3+ months to get rdy for that sheettt and i'ma see if i can make it to the gump on august 2nd but may i ask y is it on a sunday?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Did you make a new account or something cause i deleted you cause you hadn't been on in like 6 months
No I just havent been on because I dont have internet at my house anymore.

EDIT: George, when do you work at Gamebox. xD we've been over there looking for a little brawl but you haven't been there.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
also, there was some black guy from Alabama at the tournament. [Genesis] i cant remember his name, but he came up to me after i finished my pool asking for advice and stuff. he doesnt have internet :/ and appparently he really wants to get better as Olimar
Interesting...

coach

Smash Apprentice
i dont post because there's only so much i can talk about how much i play smash. the validation i need from smash game comes from playing andy. i've met so many awesome people from memphis, nashville, and birmingham through this game and my friendship with them is there when we see each other, but otherwise ive got **** to do and people closer to me. They do too. I know im not as connected as I use to be, but ive never posted alot. Jolly old king eats tarts on pigs in cars.

Top Bottom