• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
To be clear, Icarus, not attacking you, my child, simply attacking anime (the thing, not the person, the person plays Wario, that's a solid guy in my book.
And really just 99.9999% of anime. There's like a few good things to come from anime maybe.

Last edited:

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Anime is cool, but it does go overboard every now and then. Gems like Gurren Lagann, YuYu Hakusho, Psycho-Pass, Hunter X Hunter, DeathNote etc. are quality. Some of the newer stuff though is dumb and annoying.

Anime

Smash Journeyman
There is a lot of good anime. They just get buried under a lot of fluff. You have to patiently wait for the good stuff to come out while ignoring the bad (there really is way to much ecchi harem series). Or you just read a ton of manga.

Last edited:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Or I could not do that and not have to sift through shows filled with ****ty tropes and idiotic pandering to the straight male audience that I'm not even a part of in the first place (and even if I was I would hope I'd still hate that ****).

[If y'all need me I'll be over here watching Star Trek or something idk]

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
You literally just contradicted yourself.
DBZ wasn't that perverted, outside of Roshi grabbing Bulma's rear end and calling 18's chest a flotation device, there were very minimal perverted encounters. I watched the whole series back at the beginning of high school and remember lots of it and there were very few perverted instances. DB was pretty perverted though, I didn't watch all of it but it had double the perverted moments in the first saga than in all of DBZ.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Oh, I'm fully aware I've got this W in the bag Jake. I just want to make this as fun as it can possibly be.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
You lose me if there's excessive perverted activity, which is why I don't know anything outside of DBZ
Db and DbZ is probably one of the most perverted anime to exist, old school wise. English version was heavily edited. I like both versions though, With or without the blood and gore and corny Sex jokes.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
DbZ is probably one of the most perverted anime to exist, old school wise. English version was heavily edited. I like both versions though. With or without the blood and gore and corny Sex jokes.
That makes much more sense, I never read the manga/ watched a subbed version of the anime so now it makes more sense. That and I was a naive high schooler so I may not have caught onto the jokes. Best episode= When Goku and Piccolo had to go get their driver's license's, "EAT MY DUST PICCOLO!" "IS THAT A CHALLENGE?!" That's basically how it would've been if me and a friend went and got our license's the same day.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
That makes much more sense, I never read the manga/ watched a subbed version of the anime so now it makes more sense. That and I was a naive high schooler so I may not have caught onto the jokes. Best episode= When Goku and Piccolo had to go get their driver's license's, "EAT MY DUST PICCOLO!" "IS THAT A CHALLENGE?!" That's basically how it would've been if me and a friend went and got our license's the same day.
Lol yeah, that was one of the best filler episodes in DBZ.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Flame Blade how long have you been Maining fox? I just picked him up in Melee a few weeks ago. I've gotten waveshine, Running short hop nair shine approach down, and I can get 3-4 multi shines consistently. I still struggle with short hopping efficiently though. The timing is so different from other characters.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Flame Blade how long have you been Maining fox? I just picked him up in Melee a few weeks ago. I've gotten waveshine, Running short hop nair shine approach down, and I can get 3-4 multi shines consistently. I still struggle with short hopping efficiently though. The timing is so different from other characters.
If you're starting with tech skill and not fundamentals you're going backwards.

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Senpai I really have no idea why Jake posted that lol, I play Sheik/Falco in Melee. I only main Fox in Brawl and Sm4sh (which I barely play any of, especially at smash meets) but I have been putting in hella work with Melee Falco lately. Your Fox sounds like he's progressed farther than my Falco though, I'd totally be down for some spacie battles at bham brawl or BIO8!

C'mon Jake you gotta give Senpai more cred than that, he's p good.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Oh I know that's my biggest problem at the moment. I can mostly only practice by myself. So I usually do tech skill practice and beat on scrub level bots for strings and follow ups. My reads, and baits are my weakest points.

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
Senpai I really have no idea why Jake posted that lol, I play Sheik/Falco in Melee. I only main Fox in Brawl and Sm4sh (which I barely play any of, especially at smash meets) but I have been putting in hella work with Melee Falco lately. Your Fox sounds like he's progressed farther than my Falco though, I'd totally be down for some spacie battles at bham brawl or BIO8!

C'mon Jake you gotta give Senpai more cred than that, he's p good.
Yeah I'm down man, I picked up Falco for a bit, but I switched to fox, he feels more similar to Pm Roy to me.

Last edited:

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
Yeah I'm down man, I picked up Falco for a bit, but I switched to fox, he feels more similar to Pm Roy to me.
Cool! I gotta admit I'm jelly, I'm hoping one day my hands will adjust to normal 20XX speeds and I can pick up Fox. In the meantime, at least I can work on swagging hard with Falco. :cool:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Don't be me and focus on shine **** and then not even have the in-match tech skill because you can't help but creep that cursor over every other character as well.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I play FF14 as well. I haven't logged on as much after completing the Heavansward story line though.

On Midgardsormor

S£NPAI

Smash Apprentice
I SDd twice and played Charizard, it was also at a time where I hadn't played in a few months. I can vouch somewhat for Phantomthief, he can Ken combo a charizard. It was 2-1

Last edited:
Top Bottom