• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yesterday was a blast. Upsets everywhere...Money Matches everywhere, friendly faces I haven't seen in a while and new faces. Glad to be back guys

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yesterday was a blast. Upsets everywhere...Money Matches everywhere, friendly faces I haven't seen in a while and new faces. Glad to be back guys
Welcome back! Alabama's scene is growing pretty quickly. :)

Child Star

Smash Ace
Ya boy childstar is in need of a pm doubles partner for future events pm me if you wanna do that.

ANIME KIDS NEED NOT APPLY.

Last edited:
NNID
MasterIcarus7
I still want to know how many people I have to play in the Icarus salty suite. I have a grudge match Ike ditto against Jake, and a Kirby ditto against shenanigans. So does anyone want to solomar or sopo ditto. Or Ganon. Always Ganon

Last edited:

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Ya boy childstar is in need of a pm doubles partner for future events pm me if you wanna do that.

ANIME KIDS NEED NOT APPLY.
This is like I broke up with a guy because of distance and then all the sudden I'm browsing tinder or some **** and I see him there lookin' for another relationship. Like, I can't be mad, but I can totally be sad, y'know?

RIP Team Cuties aka Child Star + .Hook, 20BC-2015

Child Star

Smash Ace
This is like I broke up with a guy because of distance and then all the sudden I'm browsing tinder or some **** and I see him there lookin' for another relationship. Like, I can't be mad, but I can totally be sad, y'know?

RIP Team Cuties aka Child Star + .Hook, 20BC-2015
It didn't have to go down like it did, but it doed

.Hook

Smash Apprentice
Yo Hook I just picked up street fighter how do I do stuff? I'm also playing Juri
Ok so do her (good) trials but also know that for some of them (generally the later ones) you need to activate U1. With her, tho, you can zone and pressure. First just learn footsies with her. What ranges are your best pokes effective at? How can you whiff punish in footsies? From what range will your focus attack punish? What are you best anti-airs and at what range do they work? Next, learn what to do under pressure. If the opponent is basic and is just doing standard "normal or throw" mixups with no frame-traps, learn to crouch tech on a beat. So if somebody's pressure string is like "cr.jab->cr.jab->cr.mp->fireball", hit crouch tech when you believe you'll next be in hitstun due to one of those moves. If they decide to throw, you'll tech, if they keep the blockstring up, your input will just get eaten by the blockstun and you'll be safe. Know your escape options after getting knocked down. Juri has a solid reversal in her EX spin, and if someone tries to meaty with a normal I'm p sure she can EX counter teleport right outta there. She has a solid backdash (and backdashes have invincibility frames in SFIV). Also, don't be afraid to just sit and block. Learn her aerial options. Every one of her buttons has a use in the air save for lp, which is rare. She also has an air special (her divekick). Learn like 3 BnBs. Watch videos. Be tight. Win.

That's not even really like 30% of what's what but I tried.

Last edited:

Flame Blade 2

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
FIRE#119
NNID
Flame_Blade_2
3DS FC
5473-0513-9540
I still want to know how many people I have to play in the Icarus salty suite. I have a grudge match Ike ditto against Jake, and a Kirby ditto against shenanigans. So does anyone want to solomar or sopo ditto. Or Ganon. Always Ganon
I'll Roy, Marth, Ganon and/or Kirby ditto you in Melee or PM. I'm salty about not getting you in bracket @ bham brawl. If I win the majority of the matches then DBZ is confirmed the only acceptable anime and you have to change your avatar to a picture of Yamcha for a month, do you accept the terms?

NNID
MasterIcarus7
I'll Roy, Marth, Ganon and/or Kirby ditto you in Melee or PM. I'm salty about not getting you in bracket @ bham brawl. If I win the majority of the matches then DBZ is confirmed the only acceptable anime and you have to change your avatar to a picture of Yamcha for a month, do you accept the terms?
I agree to a Marth ditto. Better not tech those throws against me.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Why can't the PMDT do something like this with the CPUs instead of making them either frame broken or unresponsive http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/...eplace-your-closest-gaming-friends-bison-bot/
Lesson time.

Brawl's AI scripts have been reverse engineered for a few years now. They are very simple and are basically just a string of If, then statements. They have parameters for how close the characters are, whether or not you are recovering or in hitstun, but nothing smart. They don't know what your options are, they just do something universal and expect it to work regardless of your mixups. That's a hard limit to their potential.

If BisonBot is anything like the Kenbot made by Dant, then he probably runs on a custom build program that is designed to feed inputs into the game as a "controller." With something like that the limit is only how much work the designer wants to put into it, but it also isn't portable. You can't inject Bisonbot into the game and distribute it to work on anyconstol.

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'd do that without losing a bet, Yamcha's my boi even though he was useless after Dragon Ball

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Nothing to spice up the match? No consequences for failure? Man that's bland af but whatever, it's on.
Actually, now that I think about it, I can get twelve stocks, and you, Jake, and shenanigans, can get three each, we can essentially have a semi-crew battle. And I agree to the Yamcha avatar. As long as I get 4 PhantomThief stocks to use at any time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom