• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama MELEE Thread! R.I.P RYAN, <3 you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I thought you mained Yoshi? And played Brawl, but that makes me the worst of 3 now. You make me sad KOKingpin. :(
After watching Yoshiiscool play yoshi i had to stop playing Yoshi. There is no way I can make woman's Panties drop by Playing yoshi. Therefore I retired my Yoshi. Ganon/Zelda/Pichu

j00t

Smash Champion
I have already been to Gamerdoc to see about hosting a tournament, but I don't think it'll be a good venue.

Huntsville is hosting a melee tourney on December 11-12. Check out the first post for tournament info.

Also, welcome to Smashboards! We have smashfests every thursday (melee) so you should come out sometime and play

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
NECRO'D!!!

Sriously anyone still play melee in AL? Specifically anywhere near Auburn? PM me

j00t

Smash Champion
Damn. Good **** :p

I think AznSeal goes to Auburn and plays Melee. I dunno how often he looks at these boards but you might want to message him on here to try to get in contact with him.

MegaFEAR

Smash Apprentice
I need his real name to find him on FB, anyone know it? Also, how would I go about finding him on gamefaqs, same username?

Thanks for all the help guys.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Not especially. Me. my brother, and our friend play melee a good deal, but there aren't any formal gatherings or tournaments. Gasden has a tournament next weekend for melee and project M.

And I go to UAB if you guys ever wanted to play (text me at 205-907-7483). It probably wouldn't be that difficult to even hold a tournament on campus sometime if you guys wanted.

Reckoner

Smash Rookie
I'm going to UAB in the Fall and was wondering if there were any smashers there. I'd lvoe to play with you guys when i get there.

mexicanmax227

Smash Apprentice

LetGoOfMyBread

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 8515 9783 4204
Hello everyone,
I'm new to the "Smash community" (don't mind the joined date, I've had the account for a while, but never got around to using it) and I come from the "FGC". I'd like to learn Melee very much; I'm not that great, but I would like to meet you guys. If anyone here plays in the near Millbrook, AL,or any of the surrounding areas, such as Prattville, Montgomery, Wetumpka, etc., I'd most definitely like to meet you guys and maybe get some games in or at least talk to you guys. Thanks in advance.
:)

imrai

Smash Apprentice
Poster above me, thank god I looked in this thread. Oh well, copypasting this from the brawl thread which I accidentally posted it in:

Hey guys, I'm new to the boards and pretty much to the game, but I want to try and start grinding and see what I can do at a tournament in the next few months. I live in Prattville and would love to find anyone in Montgomery or the general area that wants to boot camp some smash with me. My availability is pretty open though my travel distance is fairly limited at the moment (will be getting better soon, thanks to newfound job opportunities). For the moment, I can provide my own controller and that's about it. Currently using a friend's GCN and Melee but I wouldn't want to cart it around for fear of damaging it. If anyone's interested, I can even host if you want to drive down from Tuscaloosa/Auburn/Hoover and I MAY even be able to make trips. Looking for long practice sessions preferably, but casuals would be cool too if that's more your thing. If you want, PM me for a phone number and we can work something out. Hope to smash with some of you guys soon. I'll also be keeping an eye on this thread for goings on in the area and try to come catch some locals if the stars so align.

BrotherCaveman

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new and was wondering if anyone here play in the Florence/Muscle Shoals area? Or if there is any weekly/biweekly Huntsville gatherings? I've been playing ever since the game came out but just recently learned about some of the advanced techniques and stuff, just looking for people to play with and learn from ^_^

moogle

Smash Ace
Yeah, that sounds awesome, lol I still don't know how to do private messages on here, but if you let me know where I'll try to make it any Wednesday I'm not working ^_^
Sweet... I sent you a private message. (Scroll up to the top of this page and look in the upper-right next to your username.)

Wafer6866

Smash Journeyman
Wafer
Link,Jiggs and Fox
Bay Minette (Mobile), Alabama..

Also add my friend please

Mikey
Ic's, spacies, c.falcon, bowser
Bay Minette ( Mobile), Alabama

Bizzerk

Smash Rookie
I'm new to smashboards and haven't played melee in a while but if I could find some bros near me to practice and maybe start a small scene in my area would really get me back into this game! If you are withing 30min-1hour from Enterprise AL or Dothan AL let me know! Pm me or do whatever you got to because I'd love to meet some friends and just practice. Driving 4hours to huntsville just isn't manageable for me but 30min-1hour drive wouldn't be terrible. I need someone to play besides level 9 cpu's or I'll go nuts :D I'd also be down to try out project M but I don't have a Wii so I have yet to play it. Thanks guys hope to see some alabama smash soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom