• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama MELEE Thread! R.I.P RYAN, <3 you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j00t

Smash Champion
April 25th is my birthday.

Yeah Sleepy, we did. :O

By the way, do you know if anyone recorded my match vs. Green Mario or Hungrybox? It was on the tv's in pool 3. The two TV setups that were to the right of the big projector.

I think you'd like those if you had a chance to see them :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
howd you do against hungry box.

i only fought him a couple times in friendlies at tabasco, and i think he four stocked me each time lmfao

j00t

Smash Champion
howd you do against hungry box.

i only fought him a couple times in friendlies at tabasco, and i think he four stocked me each time lmfao
I was about to 3-stock him the second game with Game and Watch, but he started doing Jigglypuff stuff and I couldn't do anything.

coach

Smash Apprentice
here i'll help you increase your post count. change my mains to marth/pikachu/flaco

edit: and put fox in yours *******

j00t

Smash Champion
here i'll help you increase your post count. change my mains to marth/pikachu/flaco

edit: and put fox in yours *******
Done. >:3

Can't wait to go to another Melee tournament... hopefully there will be one soon that I can go to.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
So could everyone post either yes, no, or i don't care for the 28th of March? April's far away, we can play that later.

Rigor_Mortis

Smash Cadet
They're too ignorant and close minded to ever realize they're wrong and change their mind.
Hi Pot! Meet Kettle! - I'm still laughing over the amount of hypocrisy that is present in your sentence. I can only hope I've just been trolled.

Now: Back to melee.

I'd like to start a vote to pool some cash and buy Moogle a new GC. His does weird things; like gives him +500 grab range, auto L-cancels all his moves, and tippers all of his smashes.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Hey Joot, why do you play yugioh? Magic: The Gathering is a far better game. Yugioh's play mechanics and card pool are ********. Magic's card chains are more flowing and their resource management is much more balanced. :]

j00t

Smash Champion
Hey Joot, why do you play yugioh? Magic: The Gathering is a far better game. Yugioh's play mechanics and card pool are ********. Magic's card chains are more flowing and their resource management is much more balanced. :]
I don't play magic simply for the fact that most of the people that play it around here are douchebags. And doesn't Magic's OP formats rotate sets in and out of the banned cards?

The game itself is fine.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
whatcha doin with your old ones?
i'll take 'em if you don't need 'em

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Did you get a 5.25" slot toaster?
Those are awesome.
You put in bread, click "I WANT TOAST", and then a few minutes later, toast comes out.
I have no idea where the bread goes though.

j00t

Smash Champion
j00t said:
Hey Will_, why do you play Brawl? Melee is a far better game. Brawl's play mechanics are ********. Melee's card chains (...?) are more flowing and their resource management (....................?) is much more balanced. :]
c whut I did thar?

Also, I'm about to sell 5 cards total for $400 bucks. ;)

Sensai

Smash Master
@ SleepyK: My old computer, the one that **** out on me, was a laptop; it still functions well enough under Linux, but I can't even boot into Windows. :-(

@ IHSB: That sounds awesome. I'll have to investigate, see if I can add a 64bit butter machine in the mix somewhere, as I still have a PCI slot left.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i know that I told you to take them off a while ago, but add marth and captain falcon back to my characters pl0x :-D

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i like to play everyone, but i'm trying to limit this to who i would actually play in a tournament.

otherwise, it would be Everyone except yoshi and kirby

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
SO GUYZ lets talk about melee strats.

am i right in saying that Falcon vs. spacies, is basically upthrow-tech chase until around 60 percent when you can do upthrow to f-smash, and/or cool forward b combos and if they live longer just upthrow to knee?

j00t

Smash Champion
Pretty much if you want to be a douchebag about the matchup :p

I know it works (NES n00b has shown me) but personally I find it boring... so I like mixing in stomp -> awesomesauce out of techchases.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I'm actually practicing a lot against falcons. Them and foxes were the majority that i lost to at to4.

Be prepared j00t. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom