• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama MELEE Thread! R.I.P RYAN, <3 you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
well stomping is must yah

i need to learn to moonwalk

and I wish you guys would have told me sooner that falcon's dash attack was bad

j00t

Smash Champion
well stomping is must yah

i need to learn to moonwalk

and I wish you guys would have told me sooner that falcon's dash attack was bad
You don't need to moonwalk to be awesome with Falcon. But you do need to moonwalk to be sexy with him.

Also, I'm surprised you had to have someone tell you to not dash attack with Falcon >_>;

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Pretty much if you want to be a douchebag about the matchup :p

I know it works (NES n00b has shown me) but personally I find it boring... so I like mixing in stomp -> awesomesauce out of techchases.
I have been using forward b, knee, and stomp in tech chases. Been working pretty well. Grabs from mostly reaction are pretty good still though. :)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
You don't need to moonwalk to be awesome with Falcon. But you do need to moonwalk to be sexy with him.

Also, I'm surprised you had to have someone tell you to not dash attack with Falcon >_>;
well it looks just like samus's and her's is decent :-/

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
falcon's dash attack has some good stuff to it. higher damage combos are made possible with a weak dash attack.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
yeah dtilt and forward b are like roys only good moves

but fsmash is the only way he takes stocks from people

those japanese roys can like ken combo with roy and ****, i'm like wtf
EDIT LMFAO JUST WATCHED THE VID

OH AND CC D-SMASH IS TOO GOOD

<3 coach

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I need to lean how to moonwalk with fox, i can half-way do it falcon, but i suck at it.

j00t

Smash Champion
Fox most certainly isn't sexy at all.

In fact, Falcon is my new main. :D He has been for some time now :x

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Fox is sexy, maybe not the sexiest. But still sexy, anywats when are you guys gonna hold a melee tourney up there, i'll try to make to the next one you guys have, I want friendlies with you Jwt.

j00t

Smash Champion
Fox is sexy, maybe not the sexiest. But still sexy, anywats when are you guys gonna hold a melee tourney up there, i'll try to make to the next one you guys have, I want friendlies with you Jwt.
I don't know when/if we will have another tournament. I guess our best bet is Anomaly's "Alabama is Okay at Smash" series.

I believe that atleast moogle and I are going to Memphis in two weeks for the triweekly...

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
Not sure when a date for the next one of those would be. I probably won't even start arranging it until my summer starts (around mid may).

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
So basically you guys have to come to the Next Game Galaxy Tourney, cause melee is gonna be there in atleast half effect with Singles I wanna have Doubles too but dont think ill have the time unless we can get in a lot of setups.

j00t

Smash Champion
So basically you guys have to come to the Next Game Galaxy Tourney, cause melee is gonna be there in atleast half effect with Singles I wanna have Doubles too but dont think ill have the time unless we can get in a lot of setups.
We went and it was fun. :D

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
Thanks to Moogle and Cheap I am now back into Melee. So you can put me on the list cause I am seriously retraining myself. I used to use Marth/Falco but I'm tired of them and am working on both Jiggs and Mewtwo cause they are awesome.

j00t

Smash Champion
Thanks to Moogle and Cheap I am now back into Melee. So you can put me on the list cause I am seriously retraining myself. I used to use Marth/Falco but I'm tired of them and am working on both Jiggs and Mewtwo cause they are awesome.
That's awesome to hear. I'll put you on the list.

In what general vacinity is Millbrook located at? Birmingham? Montgomery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom