• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air realease + spike on Wario

daisho

Smash Lord
I would think that we have too much startup lag to hit him and they would be able to air dodge, not sure. (Falco has it because his spike is really fast). But if this works from a cargo release that would be awesome... grab him anywhere cargo and then spike.

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
Doesnt work with cargo but the timing isn't so easy, you really need to Dair the same time as you jump

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
To be guaranteed to hit with something out of an air release, it needs to happen within 20 frames. DK's dair takes 18 frames, plus the time it takes to jump (6 frames IIRC). As such, it shouldn't be guaranteed. Even if it was, it would probably only kill if Wario doesn't have his second jump OR his bike; we are much better off doing for an upsmash or fully charged punch.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's called Grab Release
Not Air Release.
It is called air release... cause grab release is to vague since there is both air AND ground release... Wario only get Air released gay'd, not ground released. He was specifying the type of grab release.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
I can picture a walk of dair or fair, on MK and Wario.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So does this actually work?

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
^ probably not since they can just DI and tech it, or just DI onto the stage.

would only really work on stages with platforms out over the ledge, and then you'd have to grab wario there.

seriously, you spike them right next to the ledge, DI in and it stops working

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Just keep a fully charged punch for if you manage to grab Wario at a high %, or upsmash if you manage to grab him at a low % (or if you grab him later and don't have a charged punch).
Don't waste your time trying to grab him over an edge.

Drizzt6195

Smash Apprentice
Because I think we all love to spike :D

And if the motobie is already used he wouldnt be able to do a thing

But anyway it doesn't work :(

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Jingo Joe!!!!!!!!!

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
Jmex!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Also, if this is legit, I'm probably still going to go for a Giant's Punch. Good to know though (especially if I don't have one charged)!

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Lol, told you it was me. So weird.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
He can double jump if he times it right. For the most part fsmash will hit unless they time their jump perfect.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Quick old question. Grab release with Wario will lead to a sliding up smash, fully charged DK punch. Does DK's forward smash also work? I forgot.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Lol I tested this out and it works. It is really hard to do it frame perfectly though. Wario can't jump out of the way attack or airdodge before getting hit. The aerial release gives DK 21 frames of advantage and Wario is invincible on frame 25 while a jumping Dair attacks on frame 24. I wouldn't advise going for this though since messing up will probably get you punished.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ahhh, so forward smash works as well? Good to know.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
In fact, if they double jump as soon as possible you will Fsmash them while eating their double jump.

Top Bottom