• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Air Grab Releasing - Because I'm Lazy (Information Given)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I believe Zelda has a guaranteed forward air off a grab release on Wario.

Laem

Smash Champion
needs moar yoshi (since he always forces air release) All I know for sure is he CG's to fair spike squirtle with air releases at the edge(no specific placement even necessary for the spike, get ***** :o) From what I've heared this works on MK as well, but more difficult, i was actually hoping to find frame data for that one :'(

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wario can Bike to avoid down smash stun and only take the damage. So it's escapable. That combo is escapable, or can she regrab with ways of pivot grab or standing grab?
Standing grab regrab is legit if buffered.

Also for Zero:

Characters who no-pummel break to the air AND get dash grabbed (Always chaingrab-able):
Metaknight, Pikachu, Squirtle(infinite), Lucas.

Characters who get dash grabbed BUT no-input break to the ground (chaingrab-able IF they resist):
Bowser, Diddy Kong, Link, Ganondorf, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Charizard, Ike, Sonic.

Characters who no-pummel break to the air AND can be hit with an aerial (Always guaranteed aerial):
Mario, Wario, Toon Link, Ice Climber, Kirby, Olimar, Ivysaur, Jigglypuff, Ness, Lucas, Game and Watch.

Characters who can be hit with an aerial BUT no-input break to the ground (guaranteed aerial IF they resist):
Donkey Kong, Charizard, Ike.

Jupz

Smash Master
Dedede can Usmash, Utilt, and Bair Wario out of a grab release. I think thats the only one he can abuse.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'm pretty sure the strong hit of dash attack is guaranteed on MK with Snake for kills at 130 or higher if fresh.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
G&W cannot normally force an air release after grabbing Wario. However, if you grab him such that his feet dangle off a ledge, you can force an air release.

Things G&W can hit with after Air release:
Fsmash
Dsmash (You have to charge it a little or delay using it)
Jump -> SideB
Dair Spike

You can also hit him with pretty much anything else. I haven't really tested anything else since the Fsmash, SideB, or Dair Spike options are the best.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Peach can dash attack, regrab, and ground float -> fair squirtle from grab release. Fair works on and off stage. Note that the frame window for the grab and fair is very tight.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Characters with landing lag glitch (like Falco for using up b and grabbing the ledge) that are forced to reach the ground when jump breaking can be punished with more moves like Snake's forward and up tilt because of their even longer landing lag as glitch punishment.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Funny, I took the measurements of the jump release animation lenght and height for each character without being aware of this thread.
Here's the "data" :

Character name - where jump release animation ends (x,y)

Bowser - (16,0)
Captain Falcon - (15,0)
Charizard - (11,3.5)
Diddy Kong - (13,1.5)
Donkey Kong - (11,4.5)
Falco - (11,0)
Fox - (9,0)
Game and Watch - (12,8.5)
Ganondorf - (11,0)
Ice Climbers - (12,7.5)
Ike - (13,3)
Ivysaur - (10,8)
Jigglypuff - (5,18) lol
King Dedede - (14,4.5)
Kirby - (11,13)
Link - (15,2)
Lucario - (14,11)
Lucas - (12,3.5)
Luigi - (13,11)
Mario - (14,7.5)
Marth - (15,9.5)
Meta Knight - (12,3)
Ness - (10,9.5)
Olimar - (11,14)
Peach - (14,10)
Pikachu - (15,4)
Pit - (14,6)
R.O.B. - (14,10.5)
Samus - (14,12.5)
Sheik - (9,0)
Snake - (15,4.5)
Sonic - (14,3)
Squirtle - (11,0)
Toon Link - (13,9.5)
Wario - (3,4.5)
Wolf - (12,0)
Yoshi - (15,8.5)
Zelda - (15,9.5)
Zero Suit Samus - (15,2.5)

-Precision is +/- 1
-X and Y units are the marks on the "blue sky" stage maker blocks.
-I used Falcon as the grabber.
-The move used to see where the animation ends is a jump.

Hope it'll help.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So on characters Snake can release chain grab doesn't he have a chance to space it so that he can do the dthrow infinite off the ledge?

Top Bottom