• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

After Events at Genesis 2 - !9 EVENTS! NEED SUGGESTIONS! WILL NEED ROOM #'S LATER!

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
We could possibly have a hookah night on Friday. Me and friends are bringing a whole set with rainbows of flavor :3
i'd be down. if someone stays in a smoking room if they have those we could do it there.
I have a smoking room -- if gtKarma doesn't have one we could use mine for a bit (and throw in a little extra flavor to it, if anyone is interested)

gtKarma

Smash Cadet
I have a smoking room -- if gtKarma doesn't have one we could use mine for a bit (and throw in a little extra flavor to it, if anyone is interested)
I also have a smoking room, but it's a small room i'm guessing. Either way, we need to get this set up! Hookahs are awesome! Hope they have a good smoke shop in Antioch!

Roller

Smash Legend
Everybody make sure to update/check this thread with/for info on all this **** during Genesis. 'cause there is some stuff here I don't want to miss.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Idea for next event: Watching Pokemon the Movie 2. The one with Lugia. Loud banter, foul language, and basic MST3K side speech ENCOURAGED.

I actually tried to get the first movie, you know, with Axe crying over Ash, but, it's not available on netflix, so I ordered pokemon 2 instead. If anyone else has any suggestions, let me know before tomorrow for a different movie.

EDIT: I've also ordered Pokemon 4 ever as well (Celebi)

Roller

Smash Legend
I think I have the first movie dvd laying around here. I could look for it? I know I have the vhs on hand, but I doubt we'll have a vhs player. I also suggest seeing the movie stoned/high/drunk something. Should make for better commentary.

gtKarma

Smash Cadet
I'll bring all the hookah gear. I'll also buy some flavors as well, so things will be FRESH! And talking about funny movies, how bout Step Brothers? That is my favorite comedy movie!

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
God I wish I could go to dennys but I'll really need someone to drive me to the BART station right after Genesis, unless I can potentially convince someone to drive me from Dennys, to SFO. I will compensate for this as best to my abilities.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Idea for next event: Watching Pokemon the Movie 2. The one with Lugia. Loud banter, foul language, and basic MST3K side speech ENCOURAGED.

I actually tried to get the first movie, you know, with Axe crying over Ash, but, it's not available on netflix, so I ordered pokemon 2 instead. If anyone else has any suggestions, let me know before tomorrow for a different movie.

EDIT: I've also ordered Pokemon 4 ever as well (Celebi)
I have the VHS for the first movie...
Will planes allow that? o_O

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
idea for next event: Watching pokemon the movie 2. The one with lugia. Loud banter, foul language, and basic mst3k side speech encouraged.

I actually tried to get the first movie, you know, with axe crying over ash, but, it's not available on netflix, so i ordered pokemon 2 instead. If anyone else has any suggestions, let me know before tomorrow for a different movie.

Edit: I've also ordered pokemon 4 ever as well (celebi)
omggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yess plz!!!
Im soooo sooo sooo sooo sooo sooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo down with pokemon!!!

^_^

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I prefer watching them on a TV, and not a laptop screen. VHS is fine, but knowing that HOTEL rooms mostly have DVD players in them, it might be best to get a DVD, but a VHS is fine. Just make sure we have a vcr, bring both if you can!

tekkie

Smash Master
I prefer watching them on a TV, and not a laptop screen. VHS is fine, but knowing that HOTEL rooms mostly have DVD players in them, it might be best to get a DVD, but a VHS is fine. Just make sure we have a vcr, bring both if you can!
someone has to have a hacked wii. we can run it on mplayer.

sidefx

Smash Champion
@ gtkarma ill be sure to bring my mini hookah =D (good for just meeeeeeeeeeeee) i also got some good tobacco, brought some back with me last time i went to iran.

i really digging this rose flavored stuff i got though, really smooth ****

sad_day

Smash Journeyman
is there a tourist thing happening on monday? i really want some people to take me and my buddy around cali for sight seeing. we never been there before and is really stoked.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah, the pirate/hookah/mtg/harry potter/hungrybox stuff is ok but the anime is just smh

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
lol you really goin to an international video game tournament to look for anime marathons? smh lmao
yeah, the pirate/hookah/mtg/harry potter/hungrybox stuff is ok but the anime is just smh
I might sound a bit salty about this but, if you don't like the idea, you don't have to go. This thread is for side events at the tourney. Some of us, including me, don't like smashing till dawn and making our fingers throb with pain. Some of us need a break from the repetitiveness that is smash. You can only play so long till you get smashed out. Also, since this is an International tournament, its all the more reason to find events like these, because to be frank, where else are you going to have 300 people at the same time with similar interests that WILL talk to you? Last time I checked, anime cons are remarkably lonely. :D

If you don't like an idea, fine, but don't try to crush peoples ideas with ridicule and personal opinion. For crying out loud, we play a game competitively where Pikachu and Kirby are characters. Stop trying to be "adults" when the maturity should be elsewhere.

:D

With that said, Roller, let us know if we can get a room. I got my Wii back with Mplayer to make it happen.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Yo Roller, I'm cool with watching Pokemon 2000 in the Pika room. I'd also be down to watch a couple of Lucky Star, Deathnote or Cowboy bebop episodes.

Top Bottom