• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADHD's Guide: Ultimate Defense vs. Tornado 100%

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I've tried many ways to stop this tornado method but it always seems to shiedpoke me. the tornado moves all around my shield till it finds a place where I am vulnerable and it sucks me in. It's one of the only reasons I lose to vato's MK.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
that requires a lot of prediction and makes it so you get punished either for predicting wrong or for accidentally rolling
you just... kinda.... watch where the tornado is compared to your location and then kinda aim towards it... it doesnt really move too fast to keep track of it

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
trust me. It's a lot easier said than done. I'm not saying that it goes through 100% of the time. But it goes through the shield enough times for him to continue abusing it throughout the match. Does anyone know how to get out of the tornado 100% of the time?

Player-1

Smash Legend
no...it's really easy to do. I do it ALL the time to ANY MK. I've seen Biglou do it to an MK and get his shield broken sooner than it shield poked him with Luigi who has a worse shield than Diddy...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I don't think you guys know what I am talking about. I don't see any other MKs move around their opponent's shield. I usually just see them hit and run with the tornado

sai_:)

Smash Ace
trust me. It's a lot easier said than done.
Actually its literally just as easily done as said

Dude Diddys shield is so overly ****ing good that its ********. Like i feel guilty for having a shield thats this friggin great lol

theres no reason that you cant aim your shield so that nado doesnt poke it. You can block a nado until your shield breaks before its gonna poke you.

Your reason that moving your shield is "too hard" is...bad.

no disrespect but diddy can stop nado way too well. and if your not too busy escaping or BEATING tornado then your immaculate shield will suffice just fine. and as literally every other diddy that posted after you just said moving your shield to block nado is EXTREMELY easy. you shouldnt be hitting your stick hard enough where you roll in to tornado. and if you think its difficult just tell anyone you know with thumbs to tornado you and try it out.

Gnes

Smash Master
yes tap jump does effect it.

If the mk tornadoes perfectly like dojo/tyrant(sometimes) u will get shield poked with tap jump on. Turn it off.

Also...i dont remember if wyatt put this in, nor do i feel like looking back to the front page cuz im lazy, but Powershielding the first hit of nado always helps. If u can get it down consistently, u'll start finding tornado to be less of the threat in the matchup, as it should be. Tornado is not nearly diddys problem here.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
I need tap jump!!!!!! I use it for everything. but I figured out that I can just buffer a tilt and then just shield if I feel that the mk is going to tornado

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Like Kaptain Kong said, turn Tap Jump off and tilting your Shield is very easy to do. Diddy gets no benefit from having Tap Jump on anyway (correct me if I'm wrong?), so you might as well make it easy to angle your Shield instead.

Sails

Smash Ace
Like Kaptain Kong said, turn Tap Jump off and tilting your Shield is very easy to do. Diddy gets no benefit from having Tap Jump on anyway (correct me if I'm wrong?), so you might as well make it easy to angle your Shield instead.
He can meteor cancel better with tap jump, but that's universal.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Lol I accidentally read this was from the DK boards. That's why I wondered what the **** was ADHD talking about when they said you have a wonderful shiedl :awesome:

Top Bottom