• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ACTIVE GAMING Presents: Brawl and Melee Pt1!!! 06/27/09

HugS™

Smash Lord
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6484

Active Gamers is a start up business attempting to run an exhibition tournament this weekend, and they've asked Rej and myself to help host it. We've spoken to them at great lengths and trust their commitment to the gaming community all over. I hope you can all trust Rej's experience in hosting tournaments, and my experience in the smash tournament community in general.

This is not meant to compete with Oats's Brawl tournament in San Diego, as this is a long ways north of it, and is including Melee as well. Also, we apologize if this interferes with any other tournaments.

I will be running the Melee tournament, Rej will be running the Brawl tournament. These are 2 separate tournaments being run by separate hosts on separate computers at separated locations. This is NOT going to be an event where attention is taken away from one game or the other. So rest easy :)

Rules apply to both events unless otherwise noted.
There will be NO need to bring set ups, as there will be plenty already at the venue.

This is a house tournament, so I am expecting everyone to treat the place as you would treat your own homes. Keep in mind, there are bigger things in the works, this is just the start.

Address:
8806 Reading Ave.
Los Angeles, California, United States

Rej: (562) 290-7851
HugS: (818) 425-8746

Fees:

$3 dollar Venue
$5 dollar Singles Entry
$10 dollars Per team

Food WILL be sold at the tournament...
And it will be great food.

Raffle Prizes:
- 2 pairs of tickets to go see Transormers 2: Revenge of the Fallen (Each pair being a separate prize).

- A 25$ Gamestop giftcard

You will get 1 ticket per event that you enter. The more events you enter, the more chances you have to win. EX: Entering Melee doubles AND singles will get you 2 tickets.

==============================

Times:

Venue Opens for friendlies& Sign-ups for doubles&Singles
at 10:00AM

Doubles Start at 11:00PM

Singles Start as Doubles comes to an end

==============================

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 30% pot
-3rd 10% pot

Melee RULES (revised from Connor's Biweekly Thread/Azn Lep's Triweeklies):
- GENERAL RULES -

* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* With the exception of Winner/Loser/Grand Finals - best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on
* Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned even though it's funny.
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Wobbling is banned
* Each player is allowed a random reset per set for the first match. A stage that is reset will not be played for the first match of a set, no matter how many times it randomly comes up.
* Neutrals may be banned.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Pokemon Stadium
* Fountain of Dreams (Singles)
* Kongo Jungle (Doubles)

- Counterpick Stages -
* All neutral stages
* Corneria
* Brinstar
* Mute City (Singles)
* Mushroom Kingdom II (Doubles)
* Pokefloats
* Rainbow Cruise
* Green Greens Haha, why would this stage still be on in competitive play? Not here. :)
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Green Greens
* Mute City (Doubles)
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)

Brawl Rules .::Singles/Doubles Rules::.
Stock: 3
Time: 8 mins
Format: Double-Elimination
Sets: Best of Three
Items:set too off and none
Team stealing is allowed

Available Stages
* Battlefield
* Smashville
* Final Destination

Counter-Picks
* Delfino Plaza
* Battleship Halberd
* Frigate Orpheon
* Castle Siege
* Yoshi’s Island
* Lylat Cruise
* Pokemon Stadium 1
* Jungle Japes
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Luigis Mansion

(1) Controller slots are agreed upon (randomly if need be).
(2) Character selection is done "Double Blind". Any player may instead choose a character before the opponent and skip Double Blind.
(3) Stage Select is determined by Elimination Method (see 'Stage Select - First Round', below).

- Round 2 -
(1) Winner of the Previous match bans a stage from the list of stages. Loser of the previous round announces the stage to be played - you may not choose a stage on which you have already won.
(2) Winner of the previous round selects character.
(3) Loser of the previous round selects character.
(4) Stage is highlighted by the previous round's loser, and started by the previous round's winner.

Repeat 1-4 for each additional round played.
Players alternate choosing a stage to "eliminate" from the list of available stages, starting with the player with the controller slot closest to #1. The last stage remaining is used for the first round of the set.

* Grand Finals will be "Best of Five", with the player coming from Elimination Bracket needing to win two Sets to take first place.

* In case of time-out, the winner is the player with the most stock. In case of tied stock, the winner is determined by lowest damage percent.

*If someone kills by locking in a suicide move such as ganondorf flame choke or bowser bomb the person who initiated the move wins.

*Standing Infinites are banned. Ice Climbers grabs are allowed. Wall infinites allowed.

*Ledge rule in effect. 50 ledge grab limit. If in the event you suspect your opponent of grabbing
ledge above the limit after the match is finished you
check the stats. If your opponent has indeed gone over the limit you win the match.

* In case of technical problems (e.g. power outage) the round will be replayed, do not start from damage percent or stock lost.

General Additional Game Rules and Clarifications

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

-All seeded players will be accounted for. We are using a NEW version of TIO which has most of it's bugs fixed and runs a lot more smoothly! So seeding won't take too long anymore.

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive. Please arrive ON TIME.

-You must take care of all your personal belongings. It is YOUR responsibility to do so. If you don't want something jacked, take really good care of it or don't bring it at all.

HugS™

Smash Lord
I didn't notice those rules.

I'll fix it now.

Wobbling is banned, and you may ban neutrals as well as counter picks. I've also added rules regarding Random Resets and the Allisbrawl link.

Shroomed

Smash Master
****in socal and they're large amount of tournies, and a hecka cool tourney

no seteups, food provided

u lucky mofos

HugS™

Smash Lord
P, I was told he'd be serving mini Hawaiian burgers, like put on those sweet rolls they always eat.

As for entering Melee, not sure. I'll be busy running the tournament, no?

HugS™

Smash Lord
Added Raffle prizes to first post.

- 2 pairs of movie tickets to see Transformers
- 25$ Giftcard to Gamestop

You will get 1 raffle ticket for every event you enter. So if you enter Melee Singles and Doubles, you will get 2 tickets. If you enter Brawl singles/doubles AND Melee singles/doubles, you will get 4 tickets.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i heard transformers was good

but the first one was SOOOOO bad

can anyone
whos not dantefox
confirm/deny?

p.s. i hate shia lebouff

joeplicate

Smash Master
hugo let's mm and also play a lot of friendlies :)

oscar, I'm gonna team with alex19 for this ****
we'll reunite at genesis (or the week before)

Lovage

Smash Hero
hugo let's mm and also play a lot of friendlies :)

oscar, I'm gonna team with alex19 for this ****
we'll reunite at genesis (or the week before)
**** u got that text too?
i was gonna turn him down for you
BUT I SEE HOW IT IS </3

johnny wanna team?

DJMirror

Smash Master
I'll MM Your Fox and Falco for 2 bucks

and i guess your sheik as well if i feel like

Top Bottom