• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
How do you measure speed and distance with AR exactly?
Sorry about the double post, but the edit button isn't working for me right now.

Blackreighn_zero

Smash Journeyman
i like how that action replay have different codes for different version,but i don't like the fact that you will have to bye all three of them able to use the different codes

Super Smash Dude

Smash Cadet
I wish I got an action replay, but my parents won't let me get one. Does action replay for Gamecube work for Gamecube games played on the Wii?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I wish I got an action replay, but my parents won't let me get one. Does action replay for Gamecube work for Gamecube games played on the Wii?
I'm pretty sure Datel is or has made a Gamecube AR for the Wii...
Check their site, I'm too lazy to right now, I think I saw something like that there.

www.codejunkies.com
Yes the "www." is necessary, without it, you go to a job info site...
Something like that.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
lol maybe with a ruler...

no i'm serious, you can measure out 20 feet on a tv in HRC with a ruler, and calculate itvertically to see at what rate they fall down.
then by measuring it from the peak of their jump, they can see how many frames it takes them to hit the ground, they you use dome simple math to get the fall speed

well, that's how i would do it

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hey, on ACentral, there are like a million more (5 or something) more moveswap codes.

what the hell do they do?

primusfan

Smash Ace
For anyone who's interested, I read on CodeJunkies.com that if you have a later version of AR (probably AR MAX), it WILL work on Wii, only with GameCube games of course. I haven't tested it yet, and probably won't. Even if they say it works, you can never be too careful.

VidKid

Smash Rookie
Whats the name of the code that is used in that video ?

is that clear enough

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, that looks more like computer work than codes. I'm almost positive that the Debug Mode cheat is used, but it's impossible to have that many characters on the screen at once. Somebody probably took a video of each character taunting and then edited it over a computer. All those characters were probably just pasted on the stage.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
hey, on ACentral, there are like a million more (5 or something) more moveswap codes.

what the hell do they do?
Moveswap is when you swap moves with the other player.
So like if you're playing as Marth and player 2 is Roy, you Taunt with the D-Pad, and after you finish taunting you will have player 2's moveset.

On version 1.0 you can only get player 2's moves for player 1.
With more than 2 players (1.1 and up) player 1 can get player 2's moves, player 2 get player 3's and player 3 gets player 4's...
Player 4 gets the short end of the stick.

Of course some of the swapping doesn't work, some character's swapping freeze the game, and if the swapping doesn't freeze it certain moves will.
Iamthemovie had a whole thread about it, but he gave it to me so it wouldn't die...
but the thread has died pretty much, no one has posted on it since forever.

Her's a link to the thread

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
First of all, to use Master Hand plug your controller into player slot 3,
secondly to attack you use A and the D-Pad.
Crazy Hand is 4th controller slot.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
King_Gt, i appreciate your help, but that is not one of the new moveswap codes.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
v1.2 (haven't look at 1.0, 1.1 or PAL)

ARCentral said:
Move Swap Fix 2 (Y.S.)
FAQU-XMJK-8TNZ5
8Y6M-QCAJ-KH7JD
GB4W-MFB6-NG4NZ
PD49-1B69-B8E6Y
WNR1-4AP7-VCMY9
5J5D-BCUH-8MD3G

Mr. Game & Watch as Mario Fix (Y.S.)
EQTD-67JH-MW94F
5J5D-BCUH-8MD3G

Move Swap All Four Players (Y.S.)
AUDT-J4QU-F3C98
2ZV1-H5W6-7MT7U
YP2V-7FT8-DCBJ4
9F2C-U6M0-6Z38J
EDV8-7FU5-39362
9NAF-NJJW-48163
9K8Q-6VZM-P8313
DGRV-5UUB-ZTN06
DKHH-T9D6-TRWH0
NQ91-5UBK-8NEJ9
GZWN-X117-R7K75
YPPE-UNJ8-RY9UN
E4RH-05MM-VRTJE
H0AX-K3VF-U6D89
XP8W-NXA6-46RWM
VUJJ-99MD-F5R56
931Y-708N-6T4V5
99FD-AQ67-TW2JG
PFNG-ZW0K-4QH2V
9PHE-WDQA-JGACT
2WB4-V23Z-YC8ZV
G64A-KT6T-HE5KU
131U-YDQ9-KA3NA
G97T-DJU9-Z9FQH
DN2X-BTRH-W935H
7FJ7-AZ1H-PYY3E
MR9U-AK61-28MDX
DZ6M-J5MD-P8MXW
2MYB-RX8J-QC6UQ
2T1P-3ZQY-KF67B
49V8-X0MX-AWG5V
7A1Z-7J44-Q2J76
WMEZ-59MV-PA24Y
F4DJ-V3GP-3AUP6
HM8J-54AW-F2785

D-Pad UP = P1
D-Pad Right = P2
D-Pad Down = P3
D-Pad Left = P4
that's the longest code i've ever seen that i actually would like entered into my AR.

EDIT: what is the GCNcrypt game ID for v1.2? forgot.

how exactly fo they make these codes? and why cant there be some codes on diferent versions?

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Q: what is the GCNcrypt game ID for v1.2? forgot.
A: 0E2

The first two codes are ones you activate to correct little glitches in the move swap code that might freeze the game, the really big one is an alternate control set for the move swap code that allows any player to choose which other player they copy moves from. Would make for some pretty interesting fights if you play with a set of compatable move swap characters.

Why can't some codes be on other versions? In most cases you can take codes and translate them to other versions with a bunch of hexadecimal mumbo jumbo, but people are lazy, so even if they can do that, you won't have much luck convincing them to do it, plus they might be busy, but I just like saying they're lazy because it makes me feel superior. Also, they're different versions for a reason. Although most changes are very insignificant, when it comes to making a cheat code, little insignificant changes can make a big difference, and so sometimes when you go and try to translate a code to another version, it simply doesn't work, and so sometimes you might have to make a completely new code

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so, you guys think the super long moveswap code is worth the time?

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
How is it a joker command?
It works but there ARE certain things you can't do when you moveswap,
like if you were to swap with Bowser (idk why you would) you can't double jump or up-b.

There's a code that says Moveswap Fix, does it fix problems like that?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Can someone post everything that "Funny Mode" does? I know a few:

Spiking grounded foes does not pop them up (So if you hit someone with an MS while grounded, they dont pop up like normal)
Moves with string-like texture (Hookshots, shieks chain) are extra thick.
Many characters get deformed when they stand back to a ledge (try Ganon)
Shiny projectiles (like PK Flash and fireballs) lose the part that makes them shiny
Ness cannot control PKT
Ness cannot charge a yo-yo
Nana will sometimes follow the opponent

Top Bottom