• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I have a query.I tried using the debug mode codes for the PAL version I have, but a message keeps coming up that the codes are for another game.I have the PAL players choice version,can anyone give me a website(or link) that would give me the proper codes.

Thanks in advance ....Pikaville

Oh and im definitly entering them right too.

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
If it says it's for the wrong game, then the M code listed is for a different version of Smash than your AR is set to under "Super Smash Bros". Create a new game listing, with a title like "melee 1.x" or so (short is faster to type), then put in the 1.x ver M code, then the debug as a code for that game.

Ardvarkbob

Smash Rookie
A couple of Develop mode questions, all pertaining to the stats that appear with Y + CP down:

When landing from an airdodge, extra numbers appear next to the normal ones, usually rhey read 00. What do these mean?
Some moves say they last longer than they do, but you can do certain attacks out of it, but not B moves. One example is Roy AFA, which says its attacking for 38 frames, but you can jump, or A move attack after frame 34. However, you can't use a B button move until after frame 38. wtf?
During some animations, the numbers start over, such as falling. Often it will get to one number, then just restart. What does this signify?
Sometimes instead of a move name, it just says some number. Why?

And how do you tell when a character has reached its maximum jump, and how do you easily measure recovery time after being hit?

>_>

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
When landing from an airdodge, extra numbers appear next to the normal ones, usually rhey read 00. What do these mean?

something like landspecial slide?

Some moves say they last longer than they do, but you can do certain attacks out of it, but not B moves. One example is Roy AFA, which says its attacking for 38 frames, but you can jump, or A move attack after frame 34. However, you can't use a B button move until after frame 38. wtf?

they are IASA frames: interuptable as soon as frame something.

During some animations, the numbers start over, such as falling. Often it will get to one number, then just restart. What does this signify?

A different state, ie, to jump:
idle animation
jump beginning animation
jump animation
fall animation
landing animation
idle

Sometimes instead of a move name, it just says some number. Why?

it's the number of the move. developers gave most moves a number.

And how do you tell when a character has reached its maximum jump, and how do you easily measure recovery time after being hit?

uhhh...i dont know.
kinda like i'd like develop to show edge availability frames.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
When it says a number instead of a move name it's because it's a special move, and because certain special moves change and some stay the same under certain circumstances, they give it a numerical value since it wouldn't work to give it a universal name that applies to all of the characters.

The numbers next to your current action refer to how many frames you have been doing it for, this number sometimes jumps ahead or goes into decimal during landing animation and some special moves because of varying rates and lag reduction moves, ie. L-cancelling.

As for measuring recovery capabilities, pressing R + D-pad Down enough times will bring up three dimensional star shaped markers around the stage and in the air, you can use them to compare distances to a more accurate degree. And if your talking about when you're spinning through the air uncontrolably after being hit, you can break out of that the same way you break out of grabs, there is no set time. And as for reaching maximum jump, I don't get what you mean, judging from what you're asking, I'd say just jump and wait until you stop going up.

As for the attacking during another action but not being able to do certain other things, well, during certain frames of some moves you are able to do some things but not others, like when you hit the ground, you can shield on the first frame, move/jump/attack by around the 4th frame for most characters, but the whole landing animation takes much longer if you wait. Also, during certain attacks, you can repeat it before the animation ends but can't do anything else, like with most weak attacks, or Marth/Roy's ->B.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
pal debug guide isn't much different then the NTSC debug.

and the reason that it proab;y freezes, is because that it just makes the game unstable.
might want to try the using giga bowser from the debug menu

Ardvarkbob

Smash Rookie
I have discovered something amazing!

When you press R + left a few times, a strange red box will appear under your character when you jump. As you go up, the box gets smaller and smaller, until it turns into nothingness. At this point you are at the peak of your jump. I've tried it by making the camera stationary, and using a piece of paper the mark the height of the jumps, and they always coincided with the red box disapearing.

Just thought you'd like to know. >_>

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
cool.

is there a way to show ledge stats? like when a ledge is available to hang on, when it is edgehogged.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Using Y + Down to look at frame data allows you to see how long a person is edge hogging for because you edge hog whenever you are doing any kind of interaction with the ledge. So if you're hanging from a ledge and you roll, attack, or jump, you hog the ledge until you reach the end of the ledge action shown in the frame data.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
OKay, for the Ball Kirby, Pokemon Modifier, and both skirtless codes, and the moveswap codes, the form is not in those XXX-XXX-XXXX, but instead, it has the form of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. How do you type it in this form? When I type it in, it says something is wrong. Help?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I got an American version of smash(the latest version)and I can get it to work no problem with the AR freeloader.But im too lazy to unlock everything again.Can someone give me a link or site with the "unlock everything" codes.(the ones on the AR don't seem to work I tried 1.1 and 1.2 and the original one too)

Thanks in advance

yohnyaul

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the computer harder then a Level 9 using action replay? I ahve heard rumors that it is possible...

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
OKay, for the Ball Kirby, Pokemon Modifier, and both skirtless codes, and the moveswap codes, the form is not in those XXX-XXX-XXXX, but instead, it has the form of XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX. How do you type it in this form? When I type it in, it says something is wrong. Help?
Earthbound360: around page 5, there is a link to am encryption tool, just make sure you decrypt the master code, so you know the regional zone you are needing to use.

pikaville: check www.codejunkies.com, they should have it there
EDIT: found it
http://us.codejunkies.com/codes_show.asp?rf=0&c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&g=7340262&p=7

yohnyaul: Rumors are false, though you can make them play a different way and they will seemingly be harder

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
what is that different way?

also, if you go on debug and activate lightning speed or something, you they go like fast and stuff...

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
Zombie Party = Rocks.

(enable debug menu, and drop lotsa ReDeads (a.k.a. LeaDeads (stupid Japanesemen)))

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lots of Octorks are amazingly annoying.

8% damage per rock shot at you...it adds up FAST.

FRuMMaGe

Smash Cadet
[Section 1]

Hello guys.

I need an AR code for PAL that will stop the game from freezing when a 6-player match ends.

I thought what might work is a code that skips the results screen at the end of the match and instead goes straight back to the debug menu. So after it says "GAME!" it just returns the the debug menu instead of trying to open the results screen for 6 people and freezing.

Thanks a lot!

(PS: Please PM me if you have a code)

[Section 2]

EDIT: And also, when i have the stamina mode on and i face master hand, when he is dead, he dissapears but as his value is still 0%, he is still classed as alive and i have to reset the match. Usually you can just chuck the persons corpse off the edge, but this cant be done with master hand. Help!

(please reply to the sections)

Sheek

Smash Apprentice
Cna somebody translate the ball kirby and skirtless codes for me? Version 1.00. Plz and TY. Oh, and how do you get a Tingle? I did it once, but I was just randomly spawning things.

FRuMMaGe

Smash Cadet
i think to spawn a tingle you have to go all the way through the item list and onto the blank spaces with L+up. And he only works on the Test level and Great Bay. And he take a while to appear when you have spawned him

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^

Actually, not really annoying. For some reason the Tingles you summon with AR (which I would like to know how to get too) can not be physically touched meaning you can land or tech on them.

Also, why can I use a wavebird with AR? I will be working fine with Melee, then I take out the disc and put in AR withut doing anything to the wavebird (unless putting it down for a few seconds really does kill it) and then when the AR activates, it says "please inserts a controller into slot 1". So I use my other controller and activate the codes I want, and then when I put in melee, I re-insert the WB, and it stilll doesn't work! IT doesn't even have that green light that indicates that it is active. But when I play melee without AR, it works perfectly fine.
:veryconfu
Help?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
ok my smash disc says 006 wut version is that???? could someone please tel me now??????please?????
You are reading the wrong set of numbers. Look for another on that says 00, 01, or 02

hold a button on the Wavebird.
Oh, thank you so much annoying. Y'know, it's still knda jacked up because every two seconds, I get like a milisecond of the sign sying insert acontroller, but I can still acivate codes. TY!

Top Bottom