• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Game 'n' Watch

Smash Journeyman
No I'm telling you there's no option to input codes in my version of AR. They removed that feature for versions 1.20 and later. I have 1.20. I'm looking to get an older version off Ebay.
That is pretty stupid.
The whole character formation and other added features that you could input was the best stuff

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Post that in a whole buncha forums. They prob took it out cause some codes kept on crashing games... maybe erasing memory.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
By the time I'm able to buy AR off Datel they'll:

Go bankrupt
Get assassinated
Return AR to it's original form
Make a new one

Stuff comes out pretty late down here, if I hurry I can probably get my hands on an old version of AR.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
That is pretty stupid.
The whole character formation and other added features that you could input was the best stuff

I got pwnd by Datel the same way.
I sent the following email :

me said:
Hello. I just received my Action Replay for Gamecube (the edition working with the Wii), and I was using it on my PAL Wii. I have no problems with pre-entered codes, but being interested in SSBM debug mode, I tried to enter new codes. But I can't see where I can do such a thing. I know that on a Gamecube, the AR displays a line "add new code" or "add new game", but there's no such thing on my AR. So, how can I enter codes ? Thanks in advance

I received the following answer.

Some ******* working for Datel said:
The latest versions of Action Replay for GameCube contain all the codes we have on the disc, so you can't add more manually
Regards.

And the worst is that I never did a mistake while purchasing this AR : on Play Asia (I hate them too), they kept the same description for the working-on-wii version and for the GC ones. So I bought happily my AR, having read 'Easy to update with new cheats for new games'. And I received this useless thing.

-______________-"

I'm going to send the AR back to play-asia, but before, I need an information. Can one make the Wii play a GC AR (not the Wii edition, a regular one), using the Wii trick with which you can read a NTSC Game on a PAl Wii, and the opposite? Can one one of you test for me, please ?
If it works, I'll try to exchange my AR with a previous one. If not... I'm totally ownd -_-"

Sandy

Smash Champion
I find all of this very amusing. I went into EB Games, bought the first AR I saw, and it's been working ever since.

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
With the new versions you can't input codes?
And the old one doesn't work with the Wii?

...I might just have to buy my GC back.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I got an AR but i cant find that code to do 2vs. 4 computers

if sumone could find that code it would be greatly aprriciated

Boot Bunny1

Smash Cadet
umm hi, im having broblems with the debug menu, well not exactly problems, its more like "i cant figure out how you drop items". so how do you make the items drop? i was using this guide and all it says is to press down. please help.

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
you have to first turn on the items then you can start dropping items with the d-pad down

you can change the item you drop by switching to develop mode and hit the combination L+up or L+down

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I recall that some of the codes are not given in AR format, and require a program or something to fix them - I was wondering if someone could tell me what I should enter into my AR for this code:

Version 1.1 Luigi's Fire Modifier (bopie64)
04142704 38A000XX

Boot Bunny1

Smash Cadet
Thats a good question, i would like to know too. i would also like to know if anyone knows a good cheat for infinite Up+B, the one i have lets you jump after using Up+B, but i want one that lets you use it over and over and over without doing anything else. anybody know a good one?

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
I need to know if there is a way to play in super sudden death with AR at any level

Or how to make the bombs fall and explode like in Super Sudden Death

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
While I'm asking questions, does anyone happen to know if there's any awesome code to influence Pokémon Stadium's level formation? Like up-d for Grass, down-d for Rock, left-d for Fire, and right-d for Water? That would be infinitely awesome <_<

bowsilver789

Smash Rookie
For Boot bunny ther it is

v1.2:a44h-qn72-12rxz
pq9w-fr7A-5rint

v1.1 HT17-MN30 (Air dodge too)
FDHD-EXEN-NPODC

V1.0: i dont find it

For phanna: i dont think so.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Not to be picky, but Boot Bunny1, please do not post you sig if your post is so short.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[
Download GCNcrypt Here!

The download should take approxamately... half a second. Then you just extract the file using Winzip(basicly just open the program you downloaded and double click on the file called "GCNcrypt.exe") and there you have it! Your very own encrypter/decrypter for all your Gamecube Action Replay needs!

But how do I encrypt the code?
First you insert the code in raw format on the left side, filling in the Xs with the desired values. Then you insert the game ID and the region and click "Encrypt". The encrypted and now useable version of the code should appear majestically on the right side. ie.

"Take damage modifier:downsmash when hit V1.2"

0408E244 38800040 l YEHD-2M6C-R8HZW
......................... l G9WD-DUHB-8AVBA
......................... l
......................... l
.............. _______ l _______
............. l Decrypt l l Encrypt l

Game ID: 0E2.... Region: USA

But how am I supposed to know what the Game ID is?

Simple. Where it says "Auto Identifier", you check the box next to it. Then you simply take any code for the game you have that's already been encrypted, put it on the left side, and click "Decrypt". The Game ID should fill itself in for you. Now if that sounds like too much work, then you're pretty darn lazy. But just incase...
Game ID:
V1.0: 004
V1.1: 0E6
V1.2: 0E2
PAL: 01E

But how am I supposed to know what region I'm in?
Usually I'd suggest a map, but those hackers thought of an easier way. When using the Auto Identifier, it fills in the region for you too. But if that seems too complicated, then you can go by this. If you can read this, you're probably using the USA version, if you can't, then it's probably the Japan version. Now if your region is PAL, then you should be able to figure that out yourself, seeing as how that's the version of your game.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people have asked that now. I am so pissed now.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people have asked that now. I am so pissed now.
I can't speak for everyone, but I already found that post. Try clicking on the link at the top to get the actual program - you get a 404 Error. So you didn't answer the question, glad you felt righteous indignation for all of 10 minutes though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yes, but the reason i put that is because people don't know how to actually use GCNcrypt. I admit, the link is.... somewhere (over the rainbow), and I don't know where.

Mischief Maker

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know how you insert codes that go like this:

19FD3K7M 000000XX

HOW DO YOU INPUT THAT?! I cannot find it anywhere.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So you don't even bother to read the posts 5 posts above you? If only rep were back...

Ltork

Smash Cadet
Sorry if this has been asked a bajillion times but I am not fluent with the search tool and I dont really plan on reading 83 pages to see IF my answer is there.

I have AR and lots of codes, especially the fun one which is debug. I dont know how to play frame by frame! How can I achieve this? Thanks!

Ltork

Smash Cadet
I feel so dumb right now :(
I had checked there dozens of times but never saw it till right now while searching specifically for it.

Sorry for the hassle.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Don't worry about. It's just more post count =P but seriously... searching is good.

*goes through his photobucket*

Top Bottom