• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

ko71991

Smash Rookie
Guys I need help. I just got Action Replay MAX so I can play as other characters, and such, but I'm having trouble saving the codes I put in it.

Like for example, I would type in the code for Giga Bowser right, and then "Update Hardware." Then I start the game, play as Giga Bowser fine (most of the time), but then when I turn off/restart my gamecube and put the AR disk back in, I'd go back to the codes screen where I input the code, and they're gone.

The codes I type in just doesn't seem to save, and it's like that for any code I try. Please help, 'coz I really don't feel like typing the same code over and over everytime I want to use it. >_<

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
CosGrove said:
but any i need help
why don't you just GOOGLE IT

you won't be doing an "Hacking" actually, you will be editing the memory thatr the gamecube uses.
either way, AR Max should do the job. just make sure it's for GC

primusfan - it's a black stage that has nothing, no floors, platforms, etc...

ko71991 - don't update the hardware, it does it on it's own when you put in a code. what you are doing. os rolling back and erasing anything you put into it.

Ribo Zurai

Smash Rookie
DUMMY IS AN ARENA, WHEN YOU ENTER IN IT WITH THE DEBUG MENU IT´S FREEZES THE GAME. BUT WITH THE CODE IT DON´T FREEZES! "I DON´T HAVE ACTION REPLAY, WHO HAVE SCREENSHOT OF DUMMY?" :evil:

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Flamestar666 said:
Play in Dummy stage (wawe1234)
HU4A-N4M5-HZMC2
2E4J-A79R-R9C7E
MUYG-PWQ2-R7BWY
9FQ9-JTQ4-QWQ8Q

v1.0 NoCrash Kinoko Meikyu (tested, works) (wParam)
GQFU-CFZ9-CW2M2
Q1E6-WBP6-XFEEN
WAQD-BCWM-8Y5V4
DGQQ-TZ3R-AYWBJ

Trophy get stage doesn't crash the game
A2WW-XM6M-RRX89
VK20-MG82-NMPK9
I just tested it
that Dummy stage code didn't work for my 1.0 smash
Have u tested it and did it work for you?
Are there any requirements for it to work other than debug on and the code itself?

I should check what the actually does,
MY SEARCH BEGINS!!

and i think someone should get crackin on the Akaneia stage

primusfan

Smash Ace
Ribo Zurai said:
DUMMY IS AN ARENA, WHEN YOU ENTER IN IT WITH THE DEBUG MENU IT´S FREEZES THE GAME. BUT WITH THE CODE IT DON´T FREEZES! "I DON´T HAVE ACTION REPLAY, WHO HAVE SCREENSHOT OF DUMMY?" :evil:
No, I know that. I've been having AR for awhile. I'm asking what it looks like. But I already found out. Thanks Flamestar.

primusfan

Smash Ace
ko71991 said:
Guys I need help. I just got Action Replay MAX so I can play as other characters, and such, but I'm having trouble saving the codes I put in it.

Like for example, I would type in the code for Giga Bowser right, and then "Update Hardware." Then I start the game, play as Giga Bowser fine (most of the time), but then when I turn off/restart my gamecube and put the AR disk back in, I'd go back to the codes screen where I input the code, and they're gone.

The codes I type in just doesn't seem to save, and it's like that for any code I try. Please help, 'coz I really don't feel like typing the same code over and over everytime I want to use it. >_<
Why don't you just play as Giga Bowser in Debug mode? You don't have to enter a whole new code just to play as him.

(sorry for the double post)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
King_Gt said:
I just tested it
that Dummy stage code didn't work for my 1.0 smash
Have u tested it and did it work for you?
Are there any requirements for it to work other than debug on and the code itself?

I should check what the actually does,
MY SEARCH BEGINS!!

and i think someone should get crackin on the Akaneia stage
first off, Ribo Zurai, you are a tard....

Here is the code that will fix dummy for 1.0, also icetop/10-2

Icetop- Dummy doesn't crash
9YXR-5PUE-6846E
JDQB-GQ4G-HB2RE
HAR5-1EFH-F8EFJ
DZU2-6JF6-MU026

and i can confirm these codes work

ko71991

Smash Rookie
primusfan said:
Why don't you just play as Giga Bowser in Debug mode? You don't have to enter a whole new code just to play as him.
Eh, I just used Giga Bowser as an example of the other codes I like doing. Besides don't I need a code to access the Debug mode? I would have to type in the code over and over again as well.

And Flamestar, thanks. I'll give that a shot.

CosGrove

Smash Rookie
Flamestar666 said:
why don't you just GOOGLE IT

you won't be doing an "Hacking" actually, you will be editing the memory thatr the gamecube uses.
either way, AR Max should do the job. just make sure it's for GC

primusfan - it's a black stage that has nothing, no floors, platforms, etc...

ko71991 - don't update the hardware, it does it on it's own when you put in a code. what you are doing. os rolling back and erasing anything you put into it.
ok thanks alot

ko71991

Smash Rookie

Wait, what does it mean when it says JPN right after the "02" on the disk?

>_>

<_<

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
LOL!
blizzard=clefairy is awesome! but freezes if you do it with 2 IC's.
sometimes they all do the same thing, sometimes they do random things.

blizzard=wobbufet is nice, but you cant see them bob back and forth. try covering an entire stage with them!
it may freeze.

primusfan

Smash Ace
ko71991 said:
Eh, I just used Giga Bowser as an example of the other codes I like doing. Besides don't I need a code to access the Debug mode? I would have to type in the code over and over again as well.

And Flamestar, thanks. I'll give that a shot.
Yeah, you do. But once you get debug mode, you can play as anyone, spawn any item, play on any stage, and do things that normally wouldnt be possible. The Debug Mode code is only a couple of lines and gives you pretty much everything. About your AR not saving the codes, I'm not sure. You're using the AR memory card right? That's what saves the codes that you enter.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
if you do master-develop or any of the combined ones, can you spawn items AND use c-stiq?
new sig

primusfan

Smash Ace
If you wanna spawn items and do other crazy stuff, set it to DEVELOP. MASTER is just like playing a normal match but with more levels and characters to play as.

ko71991

Smash Rookie
primusfan said:
Yeah, you do. But once you get debug mode, you can play as anyone, spawn any item, play on any stage, and do things that normally wouldnt be possible. The Debug Mode code is only a couple of lines and gives you pretty much everything. About your AR not saving the codes, I'm not sure. You're using the AR memory card right? That's what saves the codes that you enter.
Yes sir I am. (Uh, that's the thing I'm supposed to put in Slot B right.)

Then yeah.

But the Debug Menu sure sounds complicated and confusing, but I'll go and play around in it before I sleep.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
ko71991 said:
Yes sir I am. (Uh, that's the thing I'm supposed to put in Slot B right.)

Then yeah.

But the Debug Menu sure sounds complicated and confusing, but I'll go and play around in it before I sleep.
debug is fairly simple to use.
When i first used it at Bob$'s house, i picked it up in abour 15 min, with no FAQs or anything.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
oh, srry flame
i didn't c that one

soo ko7 have you tried going into the ar options and turning auto-update on?
my friend used to have that problem
and now he has no problems

ko71991

Smash Rookie
King_Gt said:
oh, srry flame
i didn't c that one

soo ko7 have you tried going into the ar options and turning auto-update on?
my friend used to have that problem
and now he has no problems
Yep did that. tried manually updating it. Still... Nothing. >_<

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
I've tried to figure out how to encrypt these codes many times but am unable to. Is there anyone that knows how and can encrypt these codes? Thanks in advance.

P1 Remove Skirt - Zelda (Y.S.)
0A4510C6 00000012
40451170 000657FF

P1 Ball Kirby (Y.S.)
0A4510C6 00000004
40451170 000657FF

P1 Remove Skirt - Peach (Y.S.)
0A4510C6 0000000C
40451170 000659FF

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Dark Yoshi77 said:
I've tried to figure out how to encrypt these codes many times but am unable to. Is there anyone that knows how and can encrypt these codes? Thanks in advance.

0A4510C6 00000012
40451170 000657FF

P1 Ball Kirby (Y.S.)
0A4510C6 00000004
40451170 000657FF

0A4510C6 0000000C
40451170 000659FF
version???
I need to know the version to help you out

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Dark Yoshi77 said:
I have V 1.0
H11Y-FP7N-TD6BF
6GBF-2VPX-DZU2X
JP24-WFKW-ZN028

P1 Ball Kirby (Y.S.)
65N6-2Z3A-JFDCA
19A9-NKPU-J4YGD
JP24-WFKW-ZN028

8BC1-JJV9-TXA8P
N03X-Q7Z5-MDTV7
GMPZ-RCG6-9GJ68

ko71991

Smash Rookie
Flamestar666 said:
contact codejunkies, and have them send you a replacement... usually, it's free-10 bucks, depending if you how long you have had it
I've only had it for like 2 weeks...

But yeah, I just contacted them via email. Thanks much.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
lol, remove skirts. perv

which version of smash has the most codes?

and very wierd question: in the mewtwo copies cf vid, there are several times when he spins around in mid air verticaly, and i dont know how he does it. how does he do it?

Top Bottom