• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Chi's Finest said:
I just got an action replay, but I'm having some problems. I can't get ANY codes to work. I'm entering them exactly how they say, but they always ask me to put in another 13 character code. Like if I look online and theres a total of 4 codes to enter for soemthing, the AR asks for 5. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I know for sure I have version 1.2. I got the tophy cheat that was already preloaded into the AR to work, but if I ty to enter Giga Bowser or soemthing, it won't work. Any help?

Also, if I stay out of Debug Mode, do I have any chance of my game erasing?
you are probably lookiung and decrypted codes... post it here, and let me look at it
debug mode will treat you right, if you don't mess wuith the options, the have a FAQ on gamefaqs.com on debug, and they will tell you what you shoud stay away from.
there is somew things that will format your memory card, so if you don't want to do that by accident, i sugest you simply read something on it.

Hiemie: Indeed

1987: try a local toysRus, they have one mostr of the time, if not, go to codejunkies.com, and purchase one there..

that or ebay

Smash Rookie
There are no ToysrUs' near me...

I went to a local EB games and they were sold out...

I didn't know so many people bought ARs...I had never heard of them until last month. I used to think they were rare.

Actually I think I saw one a long time ago but I thought it was a third-party memory card so I left it alone :chuckle:

I'll get one from a different Gamestop tomorrow...I'm tired and somewhat heartbroken

Smash Rookie
I might try that, thanks.

I have a question about Action Replay...is it suggested that I remove my normal memory card when playing SSBM? I know that a certain button press will delete all data...

I was thinking that I just load the stuff from my memory card, then pull it out and leave the AR card in slot b. Should I do that? I might actually do thta for all games, don't wanna risk losing all that stuff.

I have backup, but meh...

Edit: Also, what's the difference between an Action Replay and Action Replay Max?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
when i play smash, i just use debug , so you don't even need a memory card in it, plus, there is "unlock all" codes.so in theory, you don't need a memory card.

or you can load your data if you want.

it has never erased on me.... ever.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
There are certain functions in the debug menu that will erase your memory card and it is also possible that you can bug your card even when you just use it to load data, but that's pretty rare. Personally, I never use a memory card with AR, but for some games you might want to in which case I suggest getting a cheap spare memory card to use with the AR if you want to be safe.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think you only need to worry about one thing in Debug mode to avoid anything from being erased. The last thing from the root menu leads you to some japanese names. In that list of names is where the fun really is, but the very last person (I think it might be Yoshimato or something like that) I know for sure it's the last perosn, though. All of his options have to do with freezing, formatting, or erasing. So all you need to do is avoid his section.

Another part of Debug that shows videos, and other tthings in that game will hbring up the memory card scren. I don't have my card in, so it asks me the meesage "there's no save file, do you want to continue without saving.......blah blah." If you have a memory card in, maybe it might do something else.

So basically just stay away form the last guy in the list of the japanese developoers and you should be fine. (from what I've discovered anyway)

aznplaya92

Smash Apprentice
i need help with my action replay: when i try to put in the 13 digits for a code for ssbm my entry goes down to the next page for example: i put in a number say its 6 on the first entry then after i put in 6 my first entry goes to my second entry and when i put sumthin there it goes to the third entry

can sumone help me???

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Yeah. The debug menu is pretty awsome. You can be Giga bowser, wire frames master and crazy hand (even though the hands dont work on you and are invinsible unless on stamina...
My favorite was wacking pikachu across the homerun contest area as samus!

primusfan

Smash Ace
aznplaya92 said:
i need help with my action replay: when i try to put in the 13 digits for a code for ssbm my entry goes down to the next page for example: i put in a number say its 6 on the first entry then after i put in 6 my first entry goes to my second entry and when i put sumthin there it goes to the third entry

can sumone help me???
Thats always gonna happen. Just ignore it. If you enter a 2-line code and a 3rd entry comes up, just don't enter anything and it won't count. When you're finished with a code, just press start even if it gives you a new entry.

primusfan

Smash Ace
aznplaya92 said:
did this happen to you primus?
Yea, it'll happen everytime you enter a code. Just don't put anything in the blank line and it won't count as part of the code. That just happens if you have to enter a code which has more than one line (which is most of the time).

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone give me specific directions for the thing where you hit different buttons and different things happen like the characters speed up and items appear and stuff, I think it is called "Master" or something like that? I tried once and I ended up getting like 200 tingles to appear! ANd ever time I try it it seems random whether or not pressing down on the control pad will produce the item. Sometimes it does but sometimes I hit it a thousand times and nothing happens.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
@Plain: Execute
-U Camera
-D Items (From L Config.)
-L N/A
-R N/A
@A: Speed
-U N/A
-D N/A
-L N/A
-R Speed
@B: Data
-U N/A
-D Data Table
-L
--1: Data Table
--2: Purple Screen w/ Data Table
-R N/A
@Y: Control
-U N/A
-D Action Table
-L 2x Size
-R Normal Size
@X: Modifications
-U Official Pause
-D
--1: Remove Life Counter
--2: BG Color White
--3: BG Color Black or Sky hBlue
-L BGM On/ Off and Noise Table
-R Bar Graph
@L: Item configuration
-U/D Items
-L/R Pokemon
@R:Collisions and data
-U Players
-D Stage
-L Object Boxes
-R Self
@Z: Pause Step (When Paused [Unofficial] )
-U/D/L/R N/A
@Start: Unofficial Pause (Like the game is frozen)
-U/D/L/R N/A
@C-stick: Camera Control (CU,CD,CL,CR)
-U/D/L/R N/A

and you aren't producing items because the item set to none

Smash Rookie
Is there any way to do the move swap code without it freezing after 5 seconds?

I have version 1.2 and I used the "Move Swap" code combined with the "Somewhat less crashing with Move Swap" code from arcentral.

I can successfully change and then I can do maybe two moves and the game freezes. And sometimes I just walk and it freezes :ohwell:

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Another question - I read on N-Philes that there is way to get the masks stages from Trophy Tussle (Btw I think they should haev included a stage like Majoras Mask cuz it's designed for strategy, or if you have 4 people then noob button mashers can just go nuts in that middle place between the horns.) And I also read something about like you go to versus mode go to rules and vibration select becomes flags? but I tried this and it didnt work so is there some code you have to activate or something? One last question, how do you play in Stamina mode?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
well, i've been on the west coast the past week and it's hot, lot hotter than home (MN).

does stuff atuotomaticly freeze is you moveswap and use a move modifier on the same move?

what if you activate 2 codes that work for the same move, ie, blizzard=bob-omb AND blizzard=scizor?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
annoying1359 said:
well, i've been on the west coast the past week and it's hot, lot hotter than home (MN).

does stuff atuotomaticly freeze is you moveswap and use a move modifier on the same move?

what if you activate 2 codes that work for the same move, ie, blizzard=bob-omb AND blizzard=scizor?
the one with the higher value ill work, because they both use the same adress

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Just to let everybody know, I'll be starting on my next AR video as soon as I can get ahold of a working digital camcorder. It will feature many of the most recent codes, as well as some tweaks from older ones. Something to look forward to in the fall, I geuss.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I jsut got an AR, I mean just! I havnt even booted up my gamecube to try it yet, can AR screw up any of your games. or can sutff like this only screw up cartridges?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
It won't do nothing to your Cube, and it won't mess up Smash. The only way you can do any damage to anyhting is that it's possible to erase your Smash data on your memory card. But that's ONLY if you go into Debug mode and go to a certain option.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Well, if you're not careful, it can erase your whole memory card. Be careful when you mess around in Debug Mode. If you come across an option that says 'FORMAT', DON'T HIT IT!

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
I think that format probably changes your memory card to japanese settings, destroying all your data. About moveswap, do Peach to Bowser, Bowser to CF, Ganon to CF, Peach to Pichu. The latter is perverted. Clones work best with moveswap. Crashes can be caused by Marth to Fox, Peach to Fox, Bowser to Peach (Waaah!). The A moves almost never do anything weird, just special moves. Special moves can be different in the air.

www.detstar.com has a great debug guide. Tells what every single thing means and all you can do!

AL CaPWN

Smash Cadet
annoying1359 said:

MN is gonna get worse, esp. once I get back ;)

My question for this thread: is AR worth getting to play SSBM in 4p vs. 2cp mode? I've heard that adventure mode freezes with more than one human player, but are the levels entertaining enough anyways?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
apparently there is ONE combonation where the idle animation cant be handled. i think it is Ness-->yoshi.

what do think is the best combonation?

H0ratioh

Smash Rookie
Playing with Infinite jumps is really cool especially in Hyrule Temple there those two huge gaps on the left and right side of the screens, it's prety much just an Air Battle those are always fun.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
AL CaPWN said:
MN is gonna get worse, esp. once I get back ;)

My question for this thread: is AR worth getting to play SSBM in 4p vs. 2cp mode? I've heard that adventure mode freezes with more than one human player, but are the levels entertaining enough anyways?
there are fixes for those levels, getfigure, dummy, and icetop.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Dark Yoshi77 said:
Does anyone know if there's an unrestricted camera code for V 1.0?
Unrestricted Pause Camera (JAY007/Link Master)
0MNT-MHJZ-ZZ6TH
57FF-AADB-F99RE
QN6P-R72A-8E1PX
DUY0-K9GC-9PJ6G
FTBH-KV91-B1FFX
DFX3-DJWB-CRC5V

4UCD-H5QW-1KXV6
MAB7-GDFZ-KC2EC
JVP6-J78K-YXQ95
HZBW-9J9T-C4N7K
P3G3-FTTD-ERA7G
FHW1-JU04-RXQX0
5JFK-PG27-8UW3C

D-pad left: fixed camera
D-pad down: normal camera
D-pad right: lock camera

that what you want?

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
yes thats it :)

I have the mushroom kingdom fix but what are the stage fixes for Figureget, Dummy, Icetop, and any others for v1.0?

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Dark Yoshi77 said:
yes thats it :)

I have the mushroom kingdom fix but what are the stage fixes for Figureget, Dummy, Icetop, and any others for v1.0?
Play in Dummy stage (wawe1234)
HU4A-N4M5-HZMC2
2E4J-A79R-R9C7E
MUYG-PWQ2-R7BWY
9FQ9-JTQ4-QWQ8Q

v1.0 NoCrash Kinoko Meikyu (tested, works) (wParam)
GQFU-CFZ9-CW2M2
Q1E6-WBP6-XFEEN
WAQD-BCWM-8Y5V4
DGQQ-TZ3R-AYWBJ

Trophy get stage doesn't crash the game
A2WW-XM6M-RRX89
VK20-MG82-NMPK9

Top Bottom