• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Action Replay Discussion / Q&A

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
annoying1359 said:
wouldnt it be better to get the code for....POLAR BEARS! they are so awesome, and they do like 25% damage....

Few questions:
if you get one of those super bob-ombs, how do you know when it's able to hurt some one?

ho do you get blizz.=scizor to go in different patterns, the all do the same thing...
Scizor's movement is based on the location of their opponent, therefore, multiple targets or a moving target will make them move different ways.
And on the topic of using polar bears, you'd only be able to use them on icicle mountain and the beta course, topis can be used anywhere.
And by super bob-ombs, I'm assuming you mean one of these...

Once they start to flash a little, you can pick it up and throw it but it will always explode at the same time.

KireKire

Smash Rookie
videokilledtheradiostar said:
I was wondering if anyone could give the the codes for Infinite Jumps b/c GsCentral is down, and tell me how to control Master and Crazy hands.
The Infinite Jumps and the Super Jump ar alrdy coded into the AR system.
with crazy h and master h there are percific series of buttons like B+A+Y which u can fund anywear if u serch for it!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
bysuper bobomb i mean bobomb that never explode, ie blizzard=bobomb
sry4 stupid typin, keyboard broken

i no hibrnate in pastc yrs, i no wut pokemon r, ad kno wut lectrode are

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
the reason it doesn't explode, because when it spawns, it spawns are ready to pick up, and then you get it normally, it's ready to explode.
so when you throw it, it just doesn't explode... and act like a thrown hammer (glitch)

Ribo Zurai

Smash Rookie
Try put the Scale Modifier code and the Giga Bowser 8.0! He will be bigger than Fourside!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Iamthemovie has started a moveswap project, to fully (kinda) understand moveswap.
ps: keyboard's alright now.

what is the scale modifier for a giga the size of bowser? i think .4
a few pages back there is a discussion on a small gigs bowser. but you can kill it in one falco shine. so what if you raised a shrunken giga bowser's "defense ratio?"

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
annoying1359 said:
Iamthemovie has started a moveswap project, to fully (kinda) understand moveswap.
ps: keyboard's alright now.

what is the scale modifier for a giga the size of bowser? i think .4
a few pages back there is a discussion on a small gigs bowser. but you can kill it in one falco shine. so what if you raised a shrunken giga bowser's "defense ratio?"
you would want yo lower itt to .5

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i remembered! Rusty Shacklefurd, for the kirby gif, how many codes did it take?
1. spike ball modifier
2. hammer thing
3. something for flamebreath

flamestar666: i thought so...it's probably that it looks like it goes uber high because he's so small....
stupid opptical illusion....

im not sure if this proves comps cant learn, but my lvl1 link pull out a bomb while trying to recover. he didnt throw it, of course. the clincher is that i NEVER play as link. (he's too slow) probably just chance.

my samus dont bomb jump or grapple, and she's like my secondary. ness's my main, my lvl1 ness doesnt even use ^B to recover. lvl9 does, though. not sure about lvl's in between.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
do he kirby rock modifier cheats DO anything but make you look cool?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, many codes have...interesting side effects. for v1.2 the rapid fire to left only code makes p1 invisible.

bouncy items/super zoom have so many side effects it's funny.

hmm...blizzard=clefairy....

btw, blizzard=hydropump (blastoise) is pretty much a force field. you can only shield it. im pretty sure you cant clank it. try 1+ clones and use blizzard=hydropump. uber.

well, firebreath=samusbomb dont work. fyi.

Dominatorsheik

Smash Cadet
Does anybody know the Action Replay Code for Samus to have Fully charged rapid fire B move for version 1.1? If so, please show me!

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
a question, how do you turn off the camera mode thing when u play in verus mode? im a c-stick person, and that stupid camera change thing is annoying. How do you turn it off?

Eaode

Smash Champion
^^Just don't play in develop mode, keep it on master. If you really want to play on develop, you'll have to deal with the camera functions

If you're not talking about the debug menu, lol. I wouldn't know what you were talking about

KidSmash

Smash Journeyman
ok, i have an AR that came out when the windwaker did, yesterday i tried to use the turbo B button code (just for fun), but it didnt work, is my AR too old to do the code or what?

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't know much about AR, but might buy one for this game. I read through most of the thread and searched, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. What I'd like to know are some answers to some simple questions I have:

---Will I be able to get Mario/Yoshi trophy, Samus unmasked trophy and then permanently keep it in my saved game, even without AR? The same goes for if I can get some cheap times on Targets and distances in HRC and let them stay in my normal saved game without AR.

---After using AR, when I play without it another time, will I have any effects from it that stay permanently with my saved game? Like if I use AR and do a ton of crap, cna I always look forward to taking it out and playing my game the exact way it was before messing with it? (Providing it don't erase)

---Is there a chance of AR erasing my data just from being used, or does it happen only under certain conditions?

Ribo Zurai

Smash Rookie
Game - set?

I have an AR, and I have put a fight on an target test. I have broked all target for fun.
And game Set have appeared on the screen! And all 4 Players wins on 1ST place!!!! Why?????

primusfan

Smash Ace
Ribo Zurai said:
I have an AR, and I have put a fight on an target test. I have broked all target for fun.
And game Set have appeared on the screen! And all 4 Players wins on 1ST place!!!! Why?????
Thats just what happens, the only reason you're playing on the target test stages is because of the AR. The game probably thinks that you're actually doing a target test so the minute you break the targets, the match stops just like it would in Classic mode.

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Chi's Finest said:
I don't know much about AR, but might buy one for this game. I read through most of the thread and searched, but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. What I'd like to know are some answers to some simple questions I have:

---Will I be able to get Mario/Yoshi trophy, Samus unmasked trophy and then permanently keep it in my saved game, even without AR? The same goes for if I can get some cheap times on Targets and distances in HRC and let them stay in my normal saved game without AR.

---After using AR, when I play without it another time, will I have any effects from it that stay permanently with my saved game? Like if I use AR and do a ton of crap, cna I always look forward to taking it out and playing my game the exact way it was before messing with it? (Providing it don't erase)

---Is there a chance of AR erasing my data just from being used, or does it happen only under certain conditions?
yes, yes

somewhat, anything you "earn" will be there, trophies, and charaters... nothing weird will save

yes, you can.. if you "mis-use" it

Skywalker

Space Jump
HyperFalcon said:
Your grammar could be better, but anyway...

The Action Replay, for the most part, is a cheat device. Therefore, when used, it is considered cheating, regardless of the intended purpouse. Now, if you're interested in things like the Debug Mode, you'll notice it's useful in understanding other aspects of the game.

Simply put, you can make very easy character guides with this. And understand them better.

Or you can cheat. It's your AR, your game, and your choice.
I relish the fact that I can play "new" stages in Melee. It's not really cheating, it's just fun 'modding' Melee.

I MUST GET ACTION REPLAY!!!!!!!!! :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I just got an action replay, but I'm having some problems. I can't get ANY codes to work. I'm entering them exactly how they say, but they always ask me to put in another 13 character code. Like if I look online and theres a total of 4 codes to enter for soemthing, the AR asks for 5. Can anyone tell me how to do this. I know for sure I have version 1.2. I got the tophy cheat that was already preloaded into the AR to work, but if I ty to enter Giga Bowser or soemthing, it won't work. Any help?

Also, if I stay out of Debug Mode, do I have any chance of my game erasing?

Smash Rookie
Noooooooooooooooooo!

I went to Gamestop today to buy an AR. It was $32.09. I had $30.50 :cry:

Now I need about $5 so I can take the bus back over there and get it.

I'm just gonna start asking random people for a dollar, I'm not waiting til my next paycheck :)

Top Bottom