• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Holy crap cam, good stuff!
It's also kinda humorous that I tied with guys like Allied, Dotcom, Rhyme, and Doom after still being in brackets and forfeiting >_<

:093:

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Cam! You gotta break the placings, remember our goal? Get that top 3, son. But going even/beating those people you listed? Good stuff.

Im sure you would have gotten higher than 25th if ride johns were non-existent. But keep it up, we all gotta improve until we hit the top, man.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Cam! You gotta break the placings, remember our goal? Get that top 3, son. But going even/beating those people you listed? Good stuff.
It would've been fulfilled if wasn't so **** unlucky, lol

Im sure you would have gotten higher than 25th if ride johns were non-existent. But keep it up, we all gotta improve until we hit the top, man.
^^^people were scared after my serious biz in low tiers and beating a Marth/MK in my first round of singles...but I couldn't unleash my full wrath V_V

I might be going to a (what's expected to be) much smaller tournament. Top 3 or nothin' man xD

4nace

Smash Ace
Yea, inui's tournament was fun. The most interesting part of it in my mind was that Cam, Blue and Wes all were there, but easily the best sonic there was Kai. He was mad good, and played doubles so well that it was scary. He's the best Sonic on the EC right now from what I've seen.

Good stuff knocking out my partner though Cam, he was pissed because he knows how to play Sonic =P

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yea, inui's tournament was fun. The most interesting part of it in my mind was that Cam, Blue and Wes all were there, but easily the best sonic there was Kai. He was mad good, and played doubles so well that it was scary. He's the best Sonic on the EC right now from what I've seen.
Kai is mad good, but Malcolm still plays Sonic, even if he mains Wario now.
I gotta say though, Kai knows his **** for doubles. I can't play doubles for ****, lol. Kai and myself placed top 10 above Blue in lt singles, but did Wes enter any of the events? I played him in dittos but I can't find him in the results >_>

Both are really good, but Blue has been out of the scene for a long time (he also used PT in low tiers wtf man :p) and like I said...I don't recall Wes entering events :/ They were really chill ^_^ I was glad to meet Wes and see Blue again.

Also, stop hiding from the Sonics. I Sonic ditto'd Blue and Wes and hung with Kai all day. wtf man? lol

Good stuff knocking out my partner though Cam, he was pissed because he knows how to play Sonic =P
who was your partner? lol
don't tell me it was the Ike/Lucas I 6-stocked in low tiers >_<

4nace

Smash Ace
Nah it was the Zelda that you ***** on the last stock of the third set. And I wasn't hiding I had to leave to meet my gf and her friends at the beach(south jersey so it was 2 hours away heh) so as soon as Bizkit ***** my **** in with Captain Falcon, I was out haha.

Only was able to do Low Tier singles and Low Tier doubles, and it was a pretty good experience.

First game of low tier doubles we went up against blue and puff and brought them to the last stock of the third match but puff's lucas did well against us so we went into doubles losers. we won our next game against Fuego and Fishy and then beat DM and Zucco but finally lost a close set to Atomsk and Vex, but we were pissed because we know that we could've done better if we had stepped it up a little more since both our mains are low tiers.

Then in singles I was supposed to play Vex first round, but he was still in doubles so it was taking a while, eventually they told me that i was playing Suwu instead so I beat him, then i was supposed to play Obama, he was a nice guy, but he wasn't very good at low tiers, i think i 3-stocked his C.Falc =P. Then when i asked Bizkit if he was in winner's or loser's he said loser's so I went up and told them that I had not lost yet. They said, "Yes you did, to Vex." Vex was already playing Inui in his set by then, and I was like, "Actually, I never played Vex." and they were like Oh ****, we need to do like 5 matches over again. By then it was 5 pm and i had to leave soon, so i was like, "Its ok, this Bizkit dude seems cool, I'll just go play him." And of course Vex didn't care since anyone who thinks they are good at the game assumes they will beat people they don't know haha.

Then i had to play Bizkit and i took him to his last stock as Sonic on Smashville but he had a good handle on the match so I switched to Zelda for ****s and giggles and got pretty thoroughly stomped.

Didn't play any friendlies and didnt really talk to people other than Blue and Bizkit. The room smelled like **** so I kinda just sat there with a headache waiting to play my matches. I brought my game Lord of the Smash but there was nowhere to set it up =(. Overall I had fun and I was itching to play your friend's link when i saw that you were there but i didn't bump into you guys when friendlies were going on.

So in the low tiers with all Sonic except for one match haha i placed:
7th in doubles
25th in singles.

EDIT: Oh, i know that Malcolm Blue Wes and you are all still amazing Sonics, but he was clearly the best Sonic yesterday, and I don't think any other Sonics have played that well in a while. Atleast, not that i have seen haha.

-Fornace

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
oh that Zelda. Yeah, he caught me offguard @_@ I thought he was gonna beat me, then I remembered he was Zelda and I won..he was legit though, good practice before I played Snakeee.

I'm terrible at doubles, but I almost beat Vex and Atomsk as well :/ Don't forget though that Vex is a legit Bowser main in regular singles, and that Atomsk is just straight up good.

and yeah, everyone wanted to play my friends (Lawz) Link after everyone saw his match against Inui where he survived a fresh Ike Utilt at 150% on Halberd O_o lol. That dude took a stock off of M2K in bracket set, lmao. Best Link ever? I think so.

4nace

Smash Ace
Oh really? I didn't get a chance to see his matches, but I was intrigued by a good link since I don't think I have ever played one in brawl.

And yea, Vex would have stomped me and then i would have played the same exact matches and lost to Bizkit anyway so I wasn't really too pissed about the situation, though I would've liked to play his Bowser. Maybe I could've after I lost to Bizkit if I didn't have to leave.

How'd you do in regular doubles and singles? And did Blue ever play Sonic in tournament matches or does he like his PT more now?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
How'd you do in regular doubles and singles? And did Blue ever play Sonic in tournament matches or does he like his PT more now?
Read my WoT on the previous page, lol.

I didn't enter regular dubs, and I have no clue if Blue or Wes entered regular singles/doubles. Blue used both Sonic and PT in low tier singles.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master

Thanks a lot for the kind words. They are appreciated, however Malcolm is a better Sonic than me.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
HOW DID KAI MANAGE TO POST IN THE SONIC BOARDS??!!??

It's gotta be the Cam magic touch ;D

Or name dropping.

4nace

Smash Ace
Yea, Malcolm might be better overall, but if you take a piece of the metagame from just the past month or so, I think you've been the best Sonic (with Cam close behind).

I usually watch vids of people to help me with matchups and the guys i look for are:
1.) Espy
2.) Shugo
3.) Malcolm
4.) Kai
5.)_X_
6.) Cam

and from what i have seen i think you and cam have been pushing Sonic's metagame on the East Coast the most recently, however i think you have a slight edge on cam =P. The other guys are all still amazing Sonics, but I haven't seen too much of them recently, but i could be terribly mistaken so send me links! PM or here if its not too off-topic.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
HOW DID KAI MANAGE TO POST IN THE SONIC BOARDS??!!??

It's gotta be the Cam magic touch ;D

It was actually. I was on the main page and saw your name as the last post in the result thread so I clicked it to read some awesome. I was shocked to see another Sonic main(other than shugo, malcolm, and yourself) that isn't an arrogant fool.

Then the bad part came....I went to the other topics.....I need a wash now. I shall not return XD

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
and from what i have seen i think you and cam have been pushing Sonic's metagame on the East Coast the most recently, however i think you have a slight edge on cam =P
I agree that Kai is ahead of me, but I don't like going into that since Kai and I are both very good friends irl.

also, inb4 sonic mains with giant egos going on about being the best xD
EDIT: lol@kai
no amount of salt baths will ever wash it away xD

4nace

Smash Ace
Haha i didn't mean to start a who is better than who. You guys are both leading the EC with Sonic. Can't that be enough?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Haha i didn't mean to start a who is better than who. You guys are both leading the EC with Sonic. Can't that be enough?
Ahh....awesome people in the topic atm, a few more posts can't hurt.

Yeah, we don't care who's better. We get along fine.

Salt bath doesn't work? Guess I'll have to try tomatoes. I just hope the Sonic board stench comes out. :( I may start posting in the other threads about how I'm amazing with a low tier character and how I'm better than malcolm by getting 9th in a tournament if it doesnt. double :(:(

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Tis all good bro, I do appreciate the comment ^_^

I can't help but notice that you're from PA, and that we haven't had like, a legitimate greeting or even a Sonic ditto.

wtf man?? xD let's get that **** goin' sometime

Salt bath doesn't work? Guess I'll have to try tomatoes. I just hope the Sonic board stench comes out. :(
A1 sauce?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
1.) Espy
2.) Shugo
3.) Malcolm
4.) Kai
Coincidentally enough, I find Shugo, Malcolm, and myself to be the top Sonics.
Kai, I haven't seen videos of you in such a long time. We need some more.

Besides, when's the last time anyone's even heard of X?
Personally, I feel that Kinzer > X.

EDIT: Wait, is the implication that Sonic mains are arrogant fools implied on myself as well?
;__;

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Coincidentally enough, I find Shugo, Malcolm, and myself to be the top Sonics.
Kai, I haven't seen videos of you in such a long time. We need some more.
Point proven. Later cam and nace

edit-I dunno whos the best though. Don't care. If I had to guess I'd say it's Malcom, the shugo, then me. Oh well. I don't like to toot my own horn. I use diddy as well. If fools like to challenge lucario and olimar with sonic, be my guest.

Edit again-Yes, it is, unless you are espy. I don't know his account name but i know he's good. I still don;t consider him top 3 but opinions vary. Like I said, I am not one to care

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Point proven. Later cam and nace

edit-I dunno whos the best though. Don't care. If I had to guess I'd say it's Malcom, the shugo, then me. Oh well. I don't like to toot my own horn. I use diddy as well. If fools like to challenge lucario and olimar with sonic, be my guest.
So...you're an arrogant fool?

Jeez; I suppose ignorance is bliss.

And to the second bolded section: That's what I was thinking as I typed my previous post up. I'm a modest player truthfully, but I've apparently done quite well in my region. There's a border between being modest, and being a blind moron.

EDIT 2: *sigh*. I AM Espy.

It was just a misinformed scenario, Kai. I was actually gonna slap you in the names I listed off, but I didn't want to strike any nerves, and I put myself up there because more often than not I'm lumped into the group with Malcolm and Shugo.

By the by, I still want more videos of you.

4nace

Smash Ace
Yea, i'll definitely hang out more next tourney I go to, its just usually i have to leave early since I always overbook my weekends and plan for the tournament to only take like 5 hours which it never does haha.

I'm terrible at Sonic dittos though so i think that's why i usually shy away from the Sonic mains. I like to use Sonic to exploit other character's weakness and i usually play lost against other Sonics. Maybe i'll play you with my falco or ness haha.

Later Kai! I hope to see you at the next tourney i go to, I like to watch your Sonic in doubles because thats what i play the most and you are something else. I was telling my friend that every time you lost a set it was because your teammate got gimped (not that it was his fault m2k and inui were really impressive).

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, most people don't recognize Puffball64 username as Espy, so let's all just chillax, lol

I believe Espy has earned title as a top Sonic, and Kai also does very well in our region (tri-state area) and NJ is one of if not the biggest smash scene in the country. Kai could easily currently be grouped in with the top Sonics.

@4nace - No one really cares about Sonic dittos, lol. They're just for lulz and getting all the Sonics together to hang.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No, I think it based on results. Not all are great but still. Did you read my edit??

Reads your edit*

Thats what I was talking about. Are you espy?
Read my 2nd edit in my previous post.

And you're right, it'd be fairly difficult to really get a "Best Sonic", if any at all because of clashing opinions and whatnot.

But facts are facts, and if I have factual evidence of good placings in tournaments (and playing well against high-leveled players like Dojo, PhantomX, Razer, etc.), then I feel that I'm justified in putting myself in the same category as those like Shugo and Malcolm.

It may be a little arrogant, I'll admit to that. Personally, I'd like to just stay out of the way, and just kinda play the game.

I dunno, I think I'm just going on and on about unimportant stuff now. I just don't want any trouble.

===

Kai also does very well in our region (tri-state area) and NJ is one of if not the biggest smash scene in the country. Kai could easily currently be grouped in with the top Sonics.
Which is why I'd easily lump him in with the group. It's a reasonable thing to do, no?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Thank you for clearing that up. I can't tell whether I'm talking to an ignorant Sonic fan boy dumb ***(98%) or someone who can form accurate opinions and conclusions(2%). Issue solved. The main thing as far as myself that goes in judging whether people play well is the matchup and region strength. Since I have never left the tri-state area I have a limited view of other players(in this case sonic mains). It is of course biased and arrogant for me to say I'm 3rd best, but I've never played you, don't know if I am viewing good matchup material, a bad matchup, a weak opponent, good opponent, etc. It's impossible to judge accurately so that is where the bias comes in. If I showed you a video of me playing against olimar as Sonic you'd think I was a joke. If you saw Falco your opinion would be much different(I assume and hope lol).

Could be a weak olimar player, I don't do well at the matchup and would prolly lose(i use diddy for oli). I could play a top falco and do well. Just saying

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
And you're right, it'd be fairly difficult to really get a "Best Sonic", if any at all because of clashing opinions and whatnot.
This is very true. imo if I had to pick the "top Sonics" I would pick you, Malcolm, Shugo, and Kai.

It's hard to say how good X is since he only places in Utah and doesn't travel OoS. Also other Sonic's that have been debated to be top like Blue have gotten very inactive. I met Wes just yesterday, he's a great guy and has a good Sonic from what I can tell, but it's hard for me to put him as a top Sonic since I still know very little about him and his results :/

Which is why I'd easily lump him in with the group. It's a reasonable thing to do, no?
Yes.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thank you for clearing that up. I can't tell whether I'm talking to an ignorant Sonic fan boy dumb ***(98%) or someone who can form accurate opinions and conclusions(2%). Issue solved.

The main thing as far as myself that goes in judging whether people play well is the matchup and region strength. Since I have never left the tri-state area I have a limited view of other players(in this case sonic mains). It is of course biased and arrogant for me to say I'm 3rd best, but I've never played you, don't know if I am viewing good matchup material, a bad matchup, a weak opponent, good opponent, etc. It's impossible to judge accurately so that is where the bias comes in. If I showed you a video of me playing against olimar as Sonic you'd think I was a joke. If you saw Falco your opinion would be much different(I assume and hope lol).

Could be a weak olimar player, I don't do well at the matchup and would prolly lose(i use diddy for oli). I could play a top falco and do well. Just saying
-Actually, I could be lumped into both groups- kinda. I'm a Sonic Fan Boy that can form accurate opinions and conclusions. It's why I even play the character, actually.

-The rest of what you said is completely understandable. To be honest, if one were to see my current skill against a good Fox or Zero Suit Samus, I'd probably be playing to a lesser degree of what I'm capable of because of match up ignorance. However, against the higher tiered characters, I feel I do a much better job.

-I still want videos of you. The video thread can always use a good player's videos to show the other Sonic mains a thing or two for a certain matchup.

4nace

Smash Ace
It's hard to say how good X is since he only places in Utah and doesn't travel OoS. \
Gotta admit though, his videos are very entertaining / fast-paced. He's one of my favorite to watch. And he's good at knowing when to apply pressure, and when he does, there is alot of pressure

I like to watch Espy because he knows so many match-ups and his ground game is really really good. He's also really good at getting early kills with Sonic which i find is very hard to do

I like to watch Malcolm because he has awesome looking combos and he can change his style up mid-match really well to help adapt to how the player is trying to out-prioritize sonic.

I like to watch Shugo because he knows the Metaknight matchup better than any Sonic i have seen and he does it with alot of precision. It's like he knows every move that the metaknight will do.

I like to watch Kai because his doubles skills are unparalleled and he knows how to play against high tiers really well. Also he can **** sonic and **** with sonic haha.

I like to watch Cam because he's from my area and his grab game is one of the best that i have seen in a competitive sonic. I like that he mixes up his throws to keep opponents off guard and he spaces his up-airs well when hes not trying to grab.

I think those are my reasons for listing the people. Just because they are top Sonics is coincidental (i guess i am watching the right ones then)

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
-Actually, I could be lumped into both groups- kinda. I'm a Sonic Fan Boy that can form accurate opinions and conclusions. It's why I even play the character, actually.

-The rest of what you said is completely understandable. To be honest, if one were to see my current skill against a good Fox or Zero Suit Samus, I'd probably be playing to a lesser degree of what I'm capable of because of match up ignorance. However, against the higher tiered characters, I feel I do a much better job.

-I still want videos of you. The video thread can always use a good player's videos to show the other Sonic mains a thing or two for a certain matchup.
Well I think the reason anyone uses him is bc they are sonic fans lol. I specifically meant the fools who think character pride/loyalty= the best. I love the character but I would be a moron not to recognize those better than me or on my level.

Unfortunately I can't gaurantee videos. The only ones I can think of(where I use Sonic) are these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8emN6q5dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnAfM22cvK0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WCT1koJ7vo&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6I6yFj_v6U

Some are low tier and one is vs an.....well.....not very good opponent(see marth). I'm also not very good in doubles so I tend to spam dash, Uair, Bair and tank. I've been commended from several for doubles though....

I choke under pressure so I refused to have 3 mm's that I won on saturday recorded. I don't think I'll be able to provide many :(
Edit- Im an idiot, forgot the marth vid lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQjC0h26_8

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
oh that Zelda. Yeah, he caught me offguard @_@ I thought he was gonna beat me, then I remembered he was Zelda and I won..he was legit though, good practice before I played Snakeee.

I saw wat u did thar

Besides, when's the last time anyone's even heard of X?
No no no.

You are terribly mistaken Espy.

I am the 2nd worst Sonic evar to appear in the smash-scene. Only reason I'm not the absolute worst is because Infzy has already claimed that title.

If fools like to challenge lucario and olimar with sonic, be my guest.
Hai der, I'ma crazy Sonic fanboy who uses Sonic against anybody and everybody, how are you today sir?

I'm the best Sonic.

:054:
First, you're the worst Sonic, now you're the best Sonic?

What's up with that? @_@

I like to watch Kai because his doubles skills are unparalleled and he knows how to play against high tiers really well. Also he can **** sonic and **** with sonic haha.
@ Bold:

I found you... faker!

However I am curious to actually see some of Kai's more recent doubles matches if rumor has it that he is pretty good in them... I do okay in Doubles but I would liek to see an example of what somebody who is capable can do.

I'm also not very good in doubles so I tend to spam dash, Uair, Bair and tank.
Aww, so modest.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Hai der, I'ma crazy Sonic fanboy who uses Sonic against anybody and everybody, how are you today sir?

@ Bold:

I found you... faker!

However I am curious to actually see some of Kai's more recent doubles matches if rumor has it that he is pretty good in them... I do okay in Doubles but I would liek to see an example of what somebody who is capable can do.

Aww, so modest.
hahahhhaha I like you already :)
I only do low tier doubles. My last doubles(regular) event I won but I only entered because Ksizzle teamed with me and there were very few good teams.

It's funny cuz that's how Sonic should play Doubles xD

Yeah... I guess lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Now before Kai gets any ideas here and thinks I'm ridin' his D, I just want to tell you that I may have learned a thing or two from watching your doubles matches with Shadow and realized I'm far too aggressive, but you best be careful cuz I'm gonna be right on your tail man ;D

Oh, hit me up with that PM about that tourney you said you were attending this Sunday. I doubt I can go, but I'd at least like to see where it is.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Now before Kai gets any ideas here and thinks I'm ridin' his D, I just want to tell you that I may have learned a thing or two from watching your doubles matches with Shadow and realized I'm far too aggressive, but you best be careful cuz I'm gonna be right on your tail man ;D

Oh, hit me up with that PM about that tourney you said you were attending this Sunday. I doubt I can go, but I'd at least like to see where it is.

D riding is for dumb bots, and it stains your teeth.

I will. There is a C-F tier event as well at it. That sounds like the dumbest idea i've ever heard but Sonic and Fox are both allowed so I shouldnt complain. I'll PM you about it during the week when I have a good idea of the turnout it will produce. I don't want you to drive a long way to play brawl with 10 people lol.

First time I've been on the Sonic boards(out of 3) that I haven't been insulted by scrubs. New record. Gnight people.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Oh yeah Shugo won another tournament. The results thread isn't up yet because Keist is probably still snoozing. But what I can tell you is that the Grand Finals were Sonic vs Ike. Shugo vs Infern Angelis a Snake/Ike player.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Midwest certainly is interesting, eh?

I do like the idea of Sonic v Ike in Grand Finals though. good stuff Shugo.

Top Bottom