• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
jesus christ man, how many times do I have to tell you.

I could make your tourneys if you could give me like 3 weeks worth of prior notice. GDI
That tournament didn't even exist until like a weeke ago. I just learned about it a little bit ago.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings

___X___

Smash Lord

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Battle Royale II : Apocalypse
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254892
Novemeber 7th, 2009
Out of 53
17th - Camalange (Sonic)
^^Singles

--

Battle Royale II : Apocalypse
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254892
Novemeber 7th, 2009
Out of 32
5th - Camalange (Sonic/Falcon)
^^Low Tier Singles

So yeah, the matches I lost in low tiers were on livestream, including my major choke vs ally >_> of course, the set I 2-0'd Boss wasn't recorded or streamed...oh well. That set was great..

Overall it was an awesome tourney. People told me I improved massively, and I was the MVP in our PA crew battle (:
for those of you who still don't know what i look like...
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i97/M002E/smashcrew.jpg
^^i'm the one in blue, being sexy.

If only I could make top 10 at least at tournaments :/ I hate Ice Climbers.
btw i had 3 timeouts at this tournament, against 3 different people. g@me

Also, I mindgame snakes hardcore. all of them take me to halberd and lose...every single time. lol, this tourney included. I beat a snake 2-0, and he ended up still placing top 8 overall. wtf?? hahaha, so it's apparent that i can beat legit snakes on their own stage...

I'm tired and I don't really feel like going into detail about this tournament. Some vids may be uploaded, idk. but yeah, it was good times. I turned some heads and impressed/scared some great players, so that's all that matters to me :D

KID, you should've been there. wtf

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
well, i find the mario vs sonic matchup to be fun. boss is also an awesomely awesome person to play against. our sets were great.

and yeah, i major choked vs ally. we can just forget about that, lol

Tenki

Smash Hero
lolwat

ESP Brawl Tourney Fall 09.
12/50
Tenki (Sonic)

this doesn't really count, like my one from last year.

pretty good for just coming back ¦/

there were definitely more people who had experience this year - Xif knocked me into losers, and I was knocked out by GA's 6th (Artdude).

>_>' took his DK to RC and was winning. 2nd stock, he tilt locked> DKPawnch'd me (;______; ) and I had an anticlimactic suicide at the end.

hah... i need more people to play constantly. ¦3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Updated the first post.
Remember to list any tournaments you may be attending in the near future.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Im attending a Tourney on the 21st. C3 is usually the tourney where the best of MD/VA show up. And some OoS.

I'm not sure if Speed or any other Sonics are going but I'll be there.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
sigh. i want to go but even if i get a ride Im not going to participate. I'm only going to train on my three characters until Pound. maybe if i win this video tourney thing I'll just put in a jar just for tourneys or things of that nature. (shameless plug):)

have you gotten better you think, shado? I think I have, i know i have with IC's, not so sure with meta. i do better after watching M2K vids...

The BlackChrimson

Smash Apprentice
Wassup Sonic thread?
I'm going to attempt two tournies over the weekend (21-22). Hopefully, I could not only be put on the Sonic map, but earn the money to see my girlfriend soon...
...Wish me luck?

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Have you done it recently now that people know the Sonic Gimmick?

If its not low tier then its almost impossible in a good region. And the only place that allows Sonic in low tier is NJ.

But who knows. Speed has placed 5th in my region before. Being very close to making money. Maybe I'll place high at C3 and prove myself wrong. Theres only a few people I fear in my region to see in brackets. And my last few tournies I ran into them. I'll take them this time though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Have you done it recently now that people know the Sonic Gimmick?

If its not low tier then its almost impossible in a good region. And the only place that allows Sonic in low tier is NJ.

But who knows. Speed has placed 5th in my region before. Being very close to making money. Maybe I'll place high at C3 and prove myself wrong. Theres only a few people I fear in my region to see in brackets. And my last few tournies I ran into them. I'll take them this time though.
Almost got a money spot at HOBO20. Though almost doesn't count in Brawl.
Did make $90 in low tier events though, so :p

I dunno how someone could fear a player in that sense. The only person I was even moderately worried about at HOBO was Samboner, and not because of his amazing Fox.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Winning money with sonic isn't really too hard. Overall I've lost a little bit of money but I'm usually either in the money or one spot away. (It's a bit easier in MW because top 5 pays out)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I win money with sonic semi regularly.

I dont know what the deal is, but I seem to be the only one here that is convinced that somehow sonic is amazing in doubles.

I dont know about you guys, but my sonic deffo wins money in tourneys, in doubles at the very least.

For some reason, doubles is the only time I can bring myself to play 15+ matches in a row with the same character.

EDIT
Since ive been being super lazy...

The Return of Rochester.
10/24/09
KIDGoggles
5 out of 13 (Sonic/MK)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253488

Double EDIT
Stylin on Ya!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254900
12/5-6/09
Attending: KID, Camalange.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'll have the results thread up tomorrow since Aish still has to get it up, but,

Out of 20 people I placed 7th going all Sonic. I'll get it official for ya guys later. Peace.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there were a ton of setups but there were like 4 of them that weren't even used because there was no need. Melee and Brawl teams also got cut so there wasn't even any event for those.

Holty

Smash Apprentice
Blacklisted's Might: first month
Norfolk, England
21/11/09
32 attendees
Placed 2cnd with Sonic.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
wait, I thought X lost to Havok?

also, just tossin' this out there. Espy beat' DSF awhile ago, and then he complained that Espy played "cheap" so...apparent Sonic problem?

However, that still doesn't discredit X. Good stuff man :p How did you place overall?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
He beat Havok game one. Barely lost games two and three

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
it was on livestream. People saw it *****. :D

Top Bottom