• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

According To Sakurai, Patch 1.0.4 Will Be The Final Balance Patch

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
For me, balance patches don't really matter. No character feels too OP when I play the game. What I've been worried about with these patches, however, is the deletion of my precious replays, which thankfully I don't have to worry about anymore. Back to characters though, they all have gotten buffed or nerfed enough, in my opinion. Let players just learn how to counter certain attacks already!

taolem

Smash Cadet
I guess we don't need to worry about anything being removed anymore.

But honestly, even as a long time Diddy main, he does need a nerf.

Last edited:

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
That's okay. Sm4sh seems very balanced for a Smash Brothers game. Online could also use some improvements.

DarkKiru

Smash Cadet
i said balance patching

i hope it's a mistranslation

i don't even care if they're not major patches, just bring the terrible characters in line with the really good ones and I'll be happy
I've heard several people so far say its a mistranslation, I could totally buy it. Eventhubs has ALWAYS been pretty bleh with their translations.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
"Sakurai: We don't have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit."

AKA no current plans at the moment.

You people need to chill.

Akaimizu

Smash Rookie
You can't rush these things. For proper balance, you need to sit back a bit (while things aren't haywire) and let things properly settle before jumping in. It's way too easy to jump in and fix something that (you find later) never needed to be fixed. This is taking an approach a bit more like actual fighting game companies like Capcom or SNK. They take their good ol' time and let a recipe get fully digested before they decide to tamper with the formula.

KEWB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KEWB99
3DS FC
4511-0666-0442
"Sakurai: We don't have any such plans, but at the very least we will be working on a few things connected to the online play experience, bit by bit."

AKA no current plans at the moment.

You people need to chill.
Exactly. As long as they keep an eye on the balance in the long run and make adjustments when necessary I'm okay with this. Which would people honestly rather have, a meta that turns out to be SLIGHTLY unbalanced for a few months or a meta that changes every month before it has a chance to develop?

Last edited:

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
Sweeping changes aren't needed, just lightly smoothing jagged edges. The metagame doesn't change that hard, and people are ever so slightly less butthurt. (BTW, buff :wolf:please? It's impossible to win with him online.)

Jugoken

Smash Cadet
We should all balance the game ourselves with custom equipment, and get into the fun meta game of Smooth Lander + Heavy Gravity AKA MELEE 2.0 :D

Tanark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tanark
3DS FC
4227-4063-6713
Are they serious? So, they just sit and watching
Diddy sweeps the tournament? Oh, come on please,

Kingkool

Smash Apprentice
Ya but Sakurai has said a lot of things that he's gone back on. Not to mention he did say that they would still patch any huge glaring issues and if they keep getting data in about Diddy winning 90% of online matches and Diddy dominating tournaments then they'll most likely fix it. Sakurai says a lot of things that we as a community should stop overreacting to.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
This is a lie.
Broken mechanics will be found before mewtwo and the inclusion of mewtwo without any testing? Not gonna happen.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
I'm half-okay with it. He did say that if he noticed a common problem he would possibly deal with it. So maybe the top 5 will all be reduced to everyone else's level, while the bottom 5 will receive the buffs they need to compete consistently.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
As a R.O.B. main who eats Diddy's for breakfast, I am expanding my robotic dong as we type. R.O.B. is fine the way he is, I say just buff his fair to have less landing lag, so I can fair into fair into fair into fair into fair, and make it unF-air. :4rob:

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
I don't see any problems besides Diddy but I mean if you wanna go scrub status by all means use him lol... I actually don't think hes that bad to be honest.

But I'm kind of glad if the balancing patches end here. Like I said, the balance is fantastic in this game. Plus, that means the meta can truly be and remain valid.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i'm not surprised by this at all. i had no faith in sakurai concerning this matter to begin with.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Would be nice if G&W could get his Brawl smash powers back. I really hoped for him to be the one that's superb for going against top tiers...

BSP

Smash Legend
Expecting loads of Diddy in the top 8 of Apex now since there's no chance of him getting touched before then.

Sigh. Hopefully people adapt instead of running to him.

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
He's here to stay, folks.
I love how this is the smash 4 version of this video

RIP SWEET PRINCE he was da bess:metaknight: 2008 - 2014
BRAWL :4metaknight:>:4diddy:SMASH 4 -:4diddy:>:4metaknight: At least i main PM Metaknight. Tho i play Smash 4 Diddy Smash 4 ROB will always be my boy :4rob: He got downgrab upair too kids :4rob:

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
He's here to stay, folks.
Another MetaKnight here folks yet we blame Brawl and result to banning. I bet Smash-4 wont be like it use to once Diddy Kong takes control now.

I knew this would happen btw, never trust Nintendo they don't care about their fans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom