• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A useful [personal] discovery (lol not spair related)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
are you kidding?
Okay now i'm doing a vid on double fair and up b in the air
thanks guys.
Its called fair then land..then scra.
do i have to like be specific on this noob tactic ?
wow this really shows the noobs that mains Link out there, no names =)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
full jump nair (hit with ******** part as you fall) then uair (during the same jump right after your nair hits) into skraaaaaaaaaaah is like the sexiest thing in existence.

it never comes up but it's so cool.

Spife

Smash Master
Its called fair then land..then scra.
do i have to like be specific on this noob tactic ?
wow this really shows the noobs that mains Link out there, no names =)
I thought you meant...quite literally, up-b (in the air) as an offensive move. You mustn't be familiar with the videos i make.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I thought you meant...quite literally, up-b (in the air) as an offensive move. You mustn't be familiar with the videos i make.
Nope I am not, ive been in smashboards.com for about 4 or 3 years now, but i still dont have a clue who you are. But i did stop going on this for a bit and many Link playes got in so yeah.
why whats up with your vids?

Spife

Smash Master
Nope I am not, ive been in smashboards.com for about 4 or 3 years now, but i still dont have a clue who you are. But i did stop going on this for a bit and many Link playes got in so yeah.
why whats up with your vids?
They're atrocious and I'm basically capitolizing on anything that no one has bothered with and blowing it out of proportion. Ones in my sig, the other is about pillaring, on link, the same button input as falco + a Z. I do this so the poor chillen in africa can get a better link yadda yadda.

Bummerz

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't really call this a discovery, or a technique--just a strategy. I mean if you know your opponent is going to try to shield grab after you NAIR, then this will always work (granted that you space it correctly, and you're not facing Marth's ridiculous grab range). This won't work at all if they spot dodge or do an aerial, and Link's missed grab lag is not very forgiving.
i think this answered it right here. this is more meta game rather than tech skill. i dunno if im useing meta game in the right way here but to heck with it i do what i want =P links is for noobs anyways thats why i use him

HiIH

Smash Lord
1.Threads like these make me miss Light/Aurashade = (

Bummerz said:
links is for noobs anyways thats why i use him
This mentality is fail. Link just takes more... patience than some characters, especially against things like spacies. You have to poke and prod until you can get that combo started, and if you fail to finish it you have to go back to poking and prodding until you get something like Dthrow to Dair, or utilt to dair, or Dthrow to SKRAH, etc etc.

Also, I doubt a noob could space shuffled fairs properly, or switch their DI properly against chain grabs (ESPECIALLY SHIEK), or get out of a Falco shine combo without sustaining massive damage.

In Skler's words about Link's recovery in Brawl. Hope you DI'd that correctly!

I might not be that great, but just because Link isn't too technical of a character doesn't mean he's a noob character. = (

Bummerz

Smash Apprentice
1.Threads like these make me miss Light/Aurashade = (

This mentality is fail. Link just takes more... patience than some characters, especially against things like spacies. You have to poke and prod until you can get that combo started, and if you fail to finish it you have to go back to poking and prodding until you get something like Dthrow to Dair, or utilt to dair, or Dthrow to SKRAH, etc etc.

Also, I doubt a noob could space shuffled fairs properly, or switch their DI properly against chain grabs (ESPECIALLY SHIEK), or get out of a Falco shine combo without sustaining massive damage.

In Skler's words about Link's recovery in Brawl. Hope you DI'd that correctly!

I might not be that great, but just because Link isn't too technical of a character doesn't mean he's a noob character. = (
lol sry... it was a joke but whatever =(

Top Bottom