• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A solemn moment for DBR and the Melee Community

Jun.

Smash Lord
Much respect to the entire DBR crew for handling the situation in a way that informed the community of the events that transpired without needlessly bashing in a fellow player who made a terrible decision. There are many volatile alternative solutions that DBR could have chosen and still have gotten the community's support and yet they chose to still give the perpetrator another chance.

Congratulations on successfully running the tournament and intelligently handling a delicate situation.

Smash Apprentice
This is both a blessing and a curse. Of course you could never replace the decade of friendship and love you guys shared, but DBR as a group has obviously gained much respect, I for sure want to make it to a Genesis one day. This just means you guys need to keep it up, it for sure wont be your last challenge, all the best! GG!

SnakeMan

Smash Cadet
This man needs to go to rehab if he is going to have any chance of getting his life back on track.

As someone who has struggled with opiate addiction in the recent pass, I can tell you that oxys/opana/roxies are no joke. They will completely change a person. Rehab is a MUST to get better, in some cases, multiple trips are needed.

Im sorry to hear this happened, but I am proud of the way it was handled and that rverything turned out relatively ok in the end. Good job, guys.

:phone:

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
I agree Zelgadis needs help. He must need a LOT of money if he is willing to steal from his friends. Now the question is, are we going to help the man in trouble or not? So he needs lot of money, so I suggest we make a donation thread to give him money to get him out of his debts and back on track on his life. He made a mistake, he is just a man. Let's give the man a second change and donate some money to him. I would rather help than bash him, because it seems he needs the help the most. And I'm sorry for DBR they had to go through this. - Peace
don't want to sound heartless, but if someone is suffering from an addiction, then handing him a boatload of cash is one of the worst worst ways to "help" because it will only enable them

FalseFalco

Smash Master
What's with all the slimy **** these days? Maybe my memory is bad but the FC's, Game Overs and MOAST's of days past didn't seem to have problems like this. More money on the line now?

Either way props to DBR for making ends meet at the end of the day. See you at Gen3sis!

The King

Smash Ace
Amazing lol:

Gen3sis
Ge4esis
Gene5is
6enesis

That should cover us through the next decade.

Violence

Smash Lord
Damn, I can't wait for 6343515 in the year 6345526, assuming this becomes an annual event.

Gonna see that 6000th millenium metagame!

Bob Money

Smash Ace
u are a human being trebor but of the worst variety
be a man
white trash trailer park ****

change your life maybe you will be decent one day

ty for giving me melee.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Amazing lol:

Gen3sis
Ge4esis
Gene5is
6enesis

That should cover us through the next decade.

I actually mentioned to my crew that you guys weren't gonna have any trouble with your logo next year. I didn't consider that you guys could also go all the way up to 6, lol.

Life

Smash Hero
If you put a 7 over the i you could go to seven, although that's a stretch (if not as much as 4=n)

And if you put it in ALLCAPS and mess with the spacing of the letters you could make an 8 out of one of the "EN" (as in, GE|\|esis)...

And if you really want to stretch it, 9 would be "GeNINEsis"... and ten could be "TENesis"... eleven is "Ge1\1esis" maybe? And "Genes12" for twelve should have been obvious the last time I posted this. IDK a smooth way to do thirteen.

(I think there's something wrong with me.)

The King

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I've watched you edit that post about 86 times just now lol. Deep breaths yo.

Bob$ gettin' off in this thread too, whoa.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
There's a lot of people in this thread talking about how they looked up to Zelgadis and I know there's others who look up to other players, but you guys need to understand there's more to literally every player of this game than just them playing smash well. It's the same reason you should never make a hero out of anyone just cus they do something well, people are people, and just cus they're good at something doesn't mean they dont have the capacity to be a terrible human being.

My condolences to DBR, i know how it feels to lose people you care about to addictions, how it feels to be betrayed like that, there's nothing worse.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Is this the first really ****ed up thing he's done to ya'll? Cause if so I know it was wrong but maybe as friends for over a decade you should reach out to the man and get to the root of whats going on with him rather then just dump him over this. Everyone can be reformed, cept like pedos, cause thats nasty.

:017:

Superspright

Smash Lord
I'd expect more respect from you- and that comment wasn't necessary: "Shows how much you understand drug addiction" Really dude?

I would understand more than most people and have a past as well. I've known serious addicts and dealer and that's all that needs be said. Sorry my use of language wasn't good enough for you. So allow me to correct myself, he's not "on weed," he's "smoking weed." Thanks for being a jerk though despite such an upsetting situation and trying to school me in something I know too much about to care for. Do you feel better now? And we know Trebor - he's not doing heroin....so please don't try and tell us, the closest people in his life, what he is or isn't "on" or "smoking." Either way he ****ed up big time and lost everything. Thanks for clearly being one among hundreds that doesn't seem to be as supportive towards our grief.

~Zohreh aka GERMs LaDY
I said heroin like. Not heroin. Those pills he take are extremely powerful opiates. Heroin is also a very powerful opiate. Sad truth is that what he is taking is more addictive, and more damaging than heroin anyway. He'd be better off doing dope to be honest. But, I don't know. I am sorry if you take it the wrong way I guess? I just hate the stereotype of people being on weed--like it's a real drug like alcohol or cigarettes. The only thing he's on is pills. Pills ruin your brain. They fry it. Make you do totally stupid crap like what was described in the OP.

Sorry that you had to go through something like that. I never had 6 grand stolen from me. I don't know what I'd do to that person before the cops even got there. Good thing you're all so level-headed in the face of a major offense, but it is just money at the same time. He needs to get to a rehab, or have a major breakdown. Your friend may come back SOMEDAY. I hope he gets some help. He's royally screwed right now it seems. Maybe once you all calm down over this [is that possible?] maybe one of you can get him the help he needs before he's permascrewed.

HomeStylePie

Smash Cadet
I just hate the stereotype of people being on weed--like it's a real drug like alcohol or cigarettes.
Saying it's harmless or non-addictive is really ignorant. It still causes risky, habit-forming behavior. It's capable of ****ing up your priorities. It's still something people **** their friends and their finances over for. My best friend's little brother just headed out to what's basically a reform school; this kid has done psychedelics, uppers and downers (nothing really hard, ie. heroin/PCP) but none of them regularly- the one he's always had a problem with is weed.

I hope Zelgadis figures his life out and I hope you guys are able to move on. Be careful about your friends, but don't let this shake your faith in people.

l0telephone0l

Smash Cadet
I said heroin like. Not heroin. Those pills he take are extremely powerful opiates. Heroin is also a very powerful opiate. Sad truth is that what he is taking is more addictive, and more damaging than heroin anyway. He'd be better off doing dope to be honest. But, I don't know. I am sorry if you take it the wrong way I guess? I just hate the stereotype of people being on weed--like it's a real drug like alcohol or cigarettes. The only thing he's on is pills. Pills ruin your brain. They fry it. Make you do totally stupid crap like what was described in the OP.
Hmm... A real drug like alcohol or tobacco? I hate the ignorant belief that just because it doesn't force your body to be chemically reliant on something makes it not addictive. People become addicted to things such as sex (or masturbation lol), video games, shopping, etc. and they do go through withdrawal when these means of getting some sort of chemical (endorphin) fix goes away.

Regardless, the DBR combo vids inspired me to get better; breaks my heart to read through all of the pain you folks went through.

datsuke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6961-3675
damnn, it must have been hard to see what you guys have been through, my condolences... o_o

But remember the last thing you guys want to do with Zelgadis is abandon him to his addiction, so don't cut ties with him or anything. Go up to him and give him support so he'll get through whatever is eating him away right now.

Well good luck to you all, and congratz to DBR for taking this tragic event maturely. I think I've said enough for now ._.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Saying it's harmless or non-addictive is really ignorant. It still causes risky, habit-forming behavior. It's capable of ****ing up your priorities. It's still something people **** their friends and their finances over for. My best friend's little brother just headed out to what's basically a reform school; this kid has done psychedelics, uppers and downers (nothing really hard, ie. heroin/PCP) but none of them regularly- the one he's always had a problem with is weed.

I hope Zelgadis figures his life out and I hope you guys are able to move on. Be careful about your friends, but don't let this shake your faith in people.
Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Weed didn't screw him up. The psychedelics probably did. Kids and psychedelics don't mix. Every single person I've seen who doesn't have a shred of common sense turns into a gibbering mental patient after a couple of 'trips'. It's not for everyone. Especially not kids. And weed shouldn't be available to children either. Tell me one adult you know who smokes and has a problem just because of weed. There are probably more desperate drunks than desperate potheads. lol

You have a lot of common misconceptions about it. It may screw up some people's priorities--but for others it is a reinforcing thing. To each their own. Some people abuse food. I'd say pot is about on par with that level of danger. You can abuse it, and make it bad, or do it right and it's fine. You can overeat and die at 40 from diabetes, or eat properly and live to be old. Ez.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Weed didn't screw him up. The psychedelics probably did. Kids and psychedelics don't mix. Every single person I've seen who doesn't have a shred of common sense turns into a gibbering mental patient after a couple of 'trips'. It's not for everyone. Especially not kids. And weed shouldn't be available to children either. Tell me one adult you know who smokes and has a problem just because of weed. There are probably more desperate drunks than desperate potheads. lol

You have a lot of common misconceptions about it. It may screw up some people's priorities--but for others it is a reinforcing thing. To each their own. Some people abuse food. I'd say pot is about on par with that level of danger. You can abuse it, and make it bad, or do it right and it's fine. You can overeat and die at 40 from diabetes, or eat properly and live to be old. Ez.
I apologize if I sound presumptuous, but it seems HomeStylePie is not too educated on Cannabis and Superspright is trivializing the problem. Perhaps this often-cited chart would help clarify things a bit: http://goo.gl/qIJV

In any case, this thread is probably not the best place for a discussion on drugs. I respectfully suggest that we move the discussion with all of the members involved to a more relevant forum before the Admins intervene.

Germs Lady

Smash Cadet
I agree Zelgadis needs help. He must need a LOT of money if he is willing to steal from his friends. Now the question is, are we going to help the man in trouble or not? So he needs lot of money, so I suggest we make a donation thread to give him money to get him out of his debts and back on track on his life. He made a mistake, he is just a man. Let's give the man a second change and donate some money to him. I would rather help than bash him, because it seems he needs the help the most. And I'm sorry for DBR they had to go through this. - Peace
Wow........ok........I had to wait hours before I posted regarding this. Allow me to first say that GERM especially knows Trebor/Zelgadis the best, and at one point 70% of DBR lived together (including me) - so we all know Trebor more than anyone posting to these threads.... To think that we haven't tried helping him in the past with regards to anything at all would be ignorant. He doesn't want to change himself and that's ALL there needs be said. You can't carry a man through life when he doesn't want to walk on his own, I'm sorry. We've done our part; therefore, we have every single reason to drop him as a friend and PERHAPS see him down the road and accept an apology years later. Let this not mistake you in that we will be his "friend" again, but I'm sure peaceful/civil interactions will happen sometime in the years to come. Not ANY time soon.

Furthermore - and my main reason for replying to this - Are you kidding? You want to start a thread to donate to a person who stole from all of you in a sense and his closest friends - AND help his addictions?!?! I can't even imagine how you came to that idea/conclusion............just wow.

You guys - he's not strung out on crack, meth or heroin - it's not that bad, which is what makes it even more upsetting. He needed money for debt that he thought we didn't know about; a large large sum.

I just hope that people stick to their support instead of suggesting to us what should be done when we would know best and know him the best; It's an insult to the highest degree and offensive. (i.e. his family has already been contacted - READ previous posts. We've suggested rehab, thx). That would be appreciated very much and taken as a token of respect after what we went though mentally.

Thank you,
Zohreh aka GERMs LaDY

ON A LIGHTER NOTE - 750 Pictures Posted here: http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb381/DBR_Genesis2/DBR Genesis 1 and 2/

tw1n

Smash Champion
It sounds like he needs something to hit him hard in life to help him realize how much he really needs to change. Although I don't know what could be more severe then this. Losing your closest friends with no chance of it being fixed would make me search for help.

HomeStylePie

Smash Cadet
I realize this is getting off topic, but people are assuming I have no credentials in multiple areas where I'm actually well-informed (btw LSD does not turn you into a paranoid schizophrenic). First of all, quit acting like you know people's friends and the situations they're in better than they do. If Zelgadis's friends were the victims of destructive behavior related to any substance you don't have to imply that you have additional insight into the details of his problems in order to defend said substance. I'm just glad to hear that they managed to stop him from ripping everyone off and causing another fiasco, which could have seriously weakened the community. Genesis 2 was still amazing even with this ugly incident, and I hope to continue seeing great things come from DBR.

Also, I don't want to get this topic closed, so I'm done arguing.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
This feels really awkward to me, as I always believed that the smash community was tight knit. I always thought of Zelgadis as another regular guy who was just great at smash.

I wonder how people like cubaisdeath feel about this.

I guess I'll just have to replace Zelgadis with DARK

Top Bottom