• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Sassy 5-5-5 Tourney: Sunday, January 2nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I will host a 5-5-5 tourney on this day, assuming I get enough confirmations here. We haven't had a tourney in a few weeks, and some great OOS tourneys are coming up, so I think we should be warmed up before attending those, instead of further embarrassing our region.

$5 Venue
$5 Doubles
$5 Singles

Address
---------------
12213 Lisborough rd
bowie, md 20720

Some Rules
---------------
My last tourney was very successful. We got singles, doubles, and a side event finished, and that's amazing for this region. I've gotten pretty decent at being assertive when necessary at these things. There were complaints about mid tiers being before the main events, but that was only to benefit you late-*** ****ers... But don't worry, I won't delay the main events at all this time. Brawl doubles will be at 12, and singles will be at 4. Be on time!

Everyone will pay venue fee so I can give it to my roommates, except me and Kenny, since he is my co-TO. I'm friends with many people in this community, but you can't assume that exempts you from paying my roommates. All of FNB paid me without question last time, so everyone else can as well. Just as my last tourney, I will refuse to enter anyone in any event until they pay their venue fee. Exceptions are unfair. Come prepared; you have a week.

I will waive the first 3 FULL SET UPS! Then thats it. Get here early if that's your plan. Other people should bring a couple wii's out of the good of their hearts/the community IMO.

There will be NO MONEY MATCHES, until after doubles. I may allow some to go on before singles, but it is up to me. I won't tolerate any of that BS, keeping me from starting the tourney on time.

I have to kick everyone out at 11PM. Don't show up without a ride home etc etc...

Okay, now that the common sense rules are out of the way...
I'll use the new stagelist. We'll have a crew battle, either draft, or otherwise, after singles.. Then we'll have either brawl- or low tier afterwards if time allows. Express your interest in these events here.

Okay, so that's about it for now. If I get 15 confirmations, then this is on, so please let me know asap.

Confirmed
------------
Sassy
Kenny
Matador
Coney
Tantalus
Lie
Dashing Oathknightmeal
Takeover
Joegull (CAWW)

Probablies
-----------
Lobos
Freezewish
Oh.
BMX
PS
Z
Gimr?
Phil?
XLR8?
PGCC friends?

Lost attendances
--------------------
Poyo

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
The last sunday tourney had at least 20 entrants, and this one is the first md/va tourney in over 2 weeks. I have high hopes. I'm adding you two to the list btw!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
LOL damn. Sucks, it feels like I haven't seen ya in forever. Where ya at today?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I've got a football game for the Raven's game I could go to, but I'd rather go to this. I haven't been to a REGULAR tourney in forever and it's time to show off my new and improved....
Link

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
*shows interest*

only if i can find a ride then yea lol

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Phil, I obviously would if I could, but sat is new years day, and I work 8-2. Giant food is very unforgiving! I know I host events on weird days but its the best I can do to keep the our region active ;x

How much does everyone want to get videos uploaded to youtube? I honestly don't know what players think about getting recorded for youtube. It's not aimed specifically at this tournament but more for anyone from MD/VA

My laptop broke today. When it turns on, there's a blank screen and nothing happens. I tried to logon (blindly) in Windows 7 but I never heard my logon sound. I think it's just something wrong with the bios or something fried in my laptop. *sigh* Time to send it in for repair along with like $100 or $200 or I don't know how many for the repair... Don't know how long it would take

So basically it looks like I won't be recording for youtube right now. If we're desperate to get something up on youtube (I know I am), I could borrow someone's laptop and install my recording device on it to record... If you trust me of course... I don't compete at tournaments anymore. The main reason I go is just to record and gain a bit of youtube fame. That's how I got 29 sets recorded at Xanadu. I only played 5 friendlies

Zant do you have another pc? Hit me on aim or send me a Facebook message so we can troubleshoot the problem
I'm using my mom's to use Smashboards. I'll talk to you on AIM/fb tomorrow. Also, the power button doesn't power turn on my laptop anymore

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Poyo, this still means you can MM during singles time. Just not doubles. Why not just practice during doubles time for MM's and tourney to be prepared for both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom