• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A question...

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
How much does it take for WiiFii to find some oponents for me?
I've been waiting once for 20 minutes.
If I rememner, every non-buddy match i tried to play made me wait in the sandbag room.

kingdom-triforce

Smash Journeyman
WAAYY too long. 20 minutes is probably the AVERAGE time for me. Usually it'd automatically disconnects from the server about 5-10 minutes after. <<

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
I don't like that whole connecting part, I usually just matches you with complete noobs anyway. I would get some online friends to play in a friendly match or to go offline and play with ppl in real life if I were u.

randomselect

Smash Cadet
The least it's ever done for me is like 5 minutes. Prepare for long LONG waits. Read a book or something while you wait.

JMX11

Smash Rookie
What's the real reason it takes so long? I used to play a lot after the game debuted, never really had long waits, but now I've started up again (today), and haven't been connected to a 'Play with Anyone' game once.

I'm no noob, I have a dd-wrt router with the ports correctly forwarded, and I tried another wifi game and it worked fine, so is it just brawl? Really crazy..

Fatalzyntax

Smash Apprentice
Usually 10 minutes, give or take 5 minutes... or even more sometimes
But most of the time it's because they're trying to connect you with people that you wont get as much lag with... I think... =/
they should have added 1v1 with anyone...

JMX11

Smash Rookie
It takes about 5 minutes for me. And I use wireless connection.
Weird, I use a DD-WRT flashed router with correct ports forwarded (all of them; 1-65535), and I haven't been able to connect to a single "Play with anyone" game yet. Friend Code games work flawlessly, but not Play With Anyone. I wonder why...

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Weird, I use a DD-WRT flashed router with correct ports forwarded (all of them; 1-65535), and I haven't been able to connect to a single "Play with anyone" game yet. Friend Code games work flawlessly, but not Play With Anyone. I wonder why...
Maybe half the people on "Play with Anyone" have such suckish connection that they never connect to the server and reach other matches. Or they simply can't sync to your godly connection. Lmfao

MoonGhost

Smash Rookie
I never really have that long of a wait. If I do, I just leave and brawl with the cpu for a while. I hear that a lot of people have trouble with lag too. I guess I've been lucky for now.

Top Bottom