• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Pretty "Cool" Roster if I Say So Myself

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I just think adding tons of chars from games that already made the cut (like Ridley, K.Rool, or the incredibly lazy choice of Palutena) is significantly less creative than coming up with newer ideas. I don't honestly expect to actually see the characters I listed make it into the game since they'd need permission from the 3rd party, but it's a fictional roster, so why not? Only way to get the word out that fans want those chars is to talk about it. 3rd party chars get in by

A. Fans demanding it, like Sonic.
or
B. The 3rd party demands it, like Snake.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I believe Sage of Ice is trying to go for a fairly realistic roster with a little bit of bias i.e. hence why he prefers Star Fox over Donkey Kong.

There are wish list rosters that have Cloud, Knuckles, Tails, Wargreymon, Lloyd Irving, etc. They focus more on 3rd Party inclusion hence why they are not realistic. However, some rosters try and go for a realistic approach and attempt to predict which characters will make it in based on relevancy, popularity, uniqueness, and "the Sakurai factor".

Check the internet for fake rosters and you will find ones that prefer more newer characters then characters from already represented series.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
sooooo, here we are. i tried to keep a healthy blend of personal taste and actual prediction, and after one or two adjustments i ended up with this.
I believe Sage of Ice is trying to go for a fairly realistic roster with a little bit of bias i.e. hence why he prefers Star Fox over Donkey Kong.
venus gets me.

also: his chances are actually better than i realized, but wargreymon would be completely boss in smash bros.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would personally LOVE to see the Dragonborn from Skyrim but I know there is no chance in hell he would even be considered.

I think it's important to dinstinguish between a wish list and a roster. A wish list signifies elements you want in a game that you know won't actually happen i.e. 5 Sonic characters or the Dragonborn. Hence why it's a wish list.

A roster though, while it has wish list properties to an extent, should be realistic in some shape or form since it adheres to a previously established formula.

The two can be blended of course but I think it's important to differentiate the two when you want something either far-fetched or realistic. Take it as you will though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
When it comes to King K.Rool, a new character from a franchise already in is most definitely NOT a lazy addition.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
also: his chances are zero (rounding up), but wargreymon would be completely boss in smash bros.
Rounding up would imply his chances were in the negatives, when in fact Digimon are technically eligible. They originated as video game characters, they have appeared on Nintendo consoles, and it helps that they are owned by Namco, one of the largest video game developers/publishers who is on rather good terms with Nintendo. Digimon even has some notable history with Nintendo, being hyped as the rival of Pokemon.

So basically, you better say "ROUNDING DOWN" or else you will be Subjected to my perfect Love Serenade. BD

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
oh Shiatsu.

i forgot it was namco-owned. here i was, thinking it started life as an anime.

actually yeah, that puts the chances up several notches.

i'd vote for ANY DIGIMON AT ALL to be the new third-party character, hands-down.

in fact, the hell with megaman, imma slap Agumon onto my roster sheet right now.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who really doesn't see Ridley being added to the 4th game?
I mean, realistic changes would be
-Addition of Mega Man.
-Addition of King K. Rool (less likely than Mega Man but still possible). Maybe another Kong, like Cranky/Candy/Funky/Dixie.
-Addition of Waluigi
-Replacing Lucario with Zoroark (I haven't been watching the movies/anime but iirc Zoroark is a pretty significant pokemon, sort of a 5th gen Lucario?)

Too lazy to think of others, but I really don't think Ridley would work. He's just too big and not something I can imagine as a character in a fighting game. The mini-Kraid from Super Metroid is probably more likely XD

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
too big AAAAGH i hate that argument. bowser should be too big, olimar should be too small. size isn't an issue, especially for a character whose size differs from game to game in his own series anyway.

and how do you figure on kraid being more likely? ridley's got far more going for him, and the only thing against him shouldn't matter anyway. kraid is a villain, but ridley's the villain. he's the Lex Luthor, the Bowser, the Ganondorf.

he doesn't look too big here, does he?

DISCLAIMER: not using this picture as an actual point

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well yeah I know the original Ridley is small (and kinda looks like a Barney with wings in the game) but they're definitely not going to use that model for SSB4.

Olimar looks like a human (and is modeled after a human) so there wasn't much of a problem making him appropriately sized, and Bowser has already appeared in multiple other games where he was scaled down to fit the rest of the cast (Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, all that jazz).

Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine Ridley being the same size as, say, Bowser or DK as they are in SSBB. Not only that, but Ridley doesn't seem like the type of character that would fight in CQC, so to speak. He's always flying, shooting fireballs from the air, hitting you with his tail from the air, etc. With maybe the occasional slash.
I suppose you could say the same about Charizard and that they made him work, but...idk, Ridley being in a CQC fight with a character like Mario or Captain Falcon seems really weird to me.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I like it. Just, yeah, replace Lucario with Zoroark. And you went to heavy on the Fire Emblem, SOI.:reverse:

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
cobalsh: i don't want to cut anyone, least of all the first fighting-type pokemon in this fighting game.

baklava: what makes him a worse choice than, say, waluigi? or toad? also he'd be a prince, if anything.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Forget Megaman...

Zero all the way!
He gets his signature 3 hit slash for his jab :p

---------
By the way very nice roster.

Top Bottom