• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Pichu Social thread/General Discussion.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Why is there no pichu love for dair?

I know nair > dair in most situations, but I dair a lot more for kills and edgeguarding.

Is there a flaw in dair that I'm missing?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I just never use it myself really maybe because of the match-ups I play there's normally something better to do.

my problem is the lag and it isn't like insane kill power it kills like maybe 30ish% early than nair I think but does like 15% compared to 12% but nair is spammed so much it;s like 8% a hit on average in some match-ups I swear.

I don't know as pichu I play with less risk that are predictableish. I see dair as being CCed/sheild grabbed and beaten just as easily I don't know how disjoined it is.

also 2nd hit is fail I think i've once gotten a dair 2nd hit jab combo on ory in training mode maybe it will send puff farther I don't know i'll test some of this stuff. I just think it's his worse move not even saying it's useless like sheik's side-B( as in same dergee of uselessness).

also f-tilt is good for edge gaurd as funny as it sounds.

hey can dair beat marth's up-B? I know i've seen a match where inv. frame nair beat marth's up-B maybe dair would be easier/safer/higher reward

Van.

Smash Ace
yeah 6th grade was extremely depressing.

But why do you play as pichu?
I play as pichu because I like using a character that noobs can't use effectively (because of his lack of spammable smashes). I also liked the idea of calling myself a Pichu main, since there are so few. Sorry for the weeks late response lol.

I think pichu is the best of the negligible tiers, and is about even with G&W.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think pichu has the tools to win something not all the bottom tiers have. like being able to have some form of pressure, recovery, not totally destroyed by very common tactics like CCing, camping, sheilds and etc.

pichu's flaws are range and can't take a hit really they don't make him unuseable. I mean some people say he lacks a kill move XD roy, links, m2, marth, and maybe someone esle struggle with this much worse than pichu LMAO. Trust me about marth i've seen marth not able to kill me till like 213% on FoDs as puff and other retardedly high percents when he couldn't edge gaurd me. f-smash and miss get rested XD.not a good trade.

pichu's nair which he does land/spam kills much lower even puff on some ******** stage.

pichu is just hard and you need to make few mistakes.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i've read all the treads and junk so yeah. no one esle is as serious as me XD. I think there were like 1200 posts or something before I started posting.

No i'm always trying to discover new useful tactics as pichu

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So I should have some friendlies posted up sometime early next week, would be good to get some criticism.

Also I can't use pichu's recovery properly yet .___. Sweetspotting is hard.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
pichu's sweetspot is his arms nothing esle this isn't pikachu where you aimlessly land your body on the edge. pichu's recovery is super hard to use I think. there are a number of tactics.

like smash side-B to make it longer(by like 2 feet or so but it will be longer) but unless you're super high side-B has so much lag you're going to have to recover low and may have to tech if they f-smash or something. also make it habit to try and tech righ as you sweetspot so when you need to tech you will I never praticed I just started doing it vs cpus till it was habit and it worked vs real people even if the cpus never edge gaurd.

double up-B hold upper right/left press b and then smash the same direction and you'll go the same way twice pichu can recovery insanely low with this I think lower than G&W not counting his sweetspot I think.

fair beats knees, pichu nairs and other not disjointed air moves and a few projectiles and I've used it vs falcon's knee when recovering so yeah it's nice to know upair would beat his dair and like everyone's dair but roy's/marth's beats links dair also.

jolts- 2nd jump jolt is silmar to mario's fireballs to get them off the edge and junk and then you could fly right past them to the midle of the stage sometimes.

as for recovery I've never used his wall jump his recovery is to long and his di to poor to really abuse it

I know I forgot something I just know it but there's a good amount of info. dump that's not in the guides

TunaCasserole

Smash Journeyman
I love Dair. Uair -> Dair is the bread and butter of my vs. floaties game (except for uber floaties, like Luigi and Puff). I also find that second weaker Dair hit to be really useful actually...it's sort of like G&W's dair. That second hit can either shield stab, or they'll lower their shield because they don't expect it. You can then get a grab or another hit out of it -- I like following it with dtilt or a grab. Also I find it useful in edgeguarding characters whose Up-Bs have a fair amount of starting lag (Fox, Falco, whoever else) - just run out there and put your gigantic electric head in their face. It has better knockback than Nair, and that can make the difference between a successful guard or not.

I was sad to not see any other of you Pichu kids at ROM! I can't go today unfortunately for the rest of the tourney, so I gave my bracket place to someone else. I was ready to pop the Pichu against them falcos :p

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
go to pound5 i'm going. Hopefully i'll be over my depression(it's been on and off 6 weeks straight now slowly getting better) by then and I can train myself against someone. i'm terriblebad right now.

i've got an idea powersheild laser back at falco and up-B after it and follow-up XD I love this idea so much.

upair dair is very good i'm just dumb and I don't because I mostly fight space animals anymore

Top Bottom