• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Pichu Social thread/General Discussion.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you're a w**** T0MMY. Hey anything you know that you doubt most pichu's know? I'm always looking for new info even if it seems near useless.

T0MMY

Smash Master
As far as I know everything I found I put in my guide, but maybe I had updates when I made the transition to AiB?
I haven't done anything for Pichu's metagame in years. To be quite honest, I am really terrible at Melee now >_>

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Why don't you play melee anymore? After getting fairly techincal in melee then messing around with bralw's jigglypuff I foun dit painful but not as extreme of a crossover as i sometimes do like I play random in melee and have everyon's WD timing and tech shine and etc. mostly mastered I stiwt over to falco JC then do it as fox as I WD around quickly changing the timing smae thing for PC edge hogs and all sorts of things like L-cancel timing and aiming for the autocancels and junk all as I quickly adapt to this new charcter I do the same to my foe.

you got to admit the trade-off of going tyo falco to yoshi without messing up is a bit extreme like both fairly techinal and this whole time I rarly play as pichu who's tech skill is even sharper than anyone esle's.

I don't know I have a lot of tech skill dipped in as everyone even sheik who looks nuts with the rapid WD/DD and platforming all over the place insanely fast.

But i'll respect your choice as long as you give up bragging rights like sayong you're hella good at melee. Which you did : P

I would be cool to have another pichu main semi serious. but hey i'm midwest and serious XD

also melee's tech skill is pressing L/R before you touch the ground 90% of the time

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
We don't need that. You know the only super inspiring pichu video is the one with chu dat vs sheik. I like some old videos I don't know not all of them inspire me. By inspire I mean like make me want to play as them and prove something short term.

I'm my own hero. Sorry you didn't inspire me Tommy but I used to think you were the s***. : P

Anyone esle hate pichu's sweetspot more than fighting sheik? I swear i'll tech it like 2 times if I can't be fancy and up-B around them or anything then barely miss because it's ssooooooo D*** small.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Really I find safer against non CCing flaoties and they combos are mad important for them. but really upair is like nearly always better against a FFer. however pichu's fair is safer than pikachu's fair easily. just know how much they CC and use it so. but at least it's safer than roy's fair WTF?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I'll tell you the whole story it's kindof sad, funny, and neat.

When I played games when I was little I always made my name ash : P because anthony was always to long of a name after playing other games I felt wierdand I tryed to figure out something cool with my name so I put my name in last, first, middle order and it spelled out HAD at the same time I was very depressed for a long time and it also meant how I had more I had friends, my family wasn't breaken up and other things.

one of my friends I had called me HAD and kindof laughed at it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Next time Caotic comes to Adelaide we are gonna have some mad Pichu matches to determine the best Pichu in Australia.

We'll upload vids.

This is pro stuff btw, Cao and I are amazing, the rest of this thread should be hype.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So I'm picking up Pichu.

I talked to ICG for a bit, got a general idea of what I should be doing. I've pretty much got the basics, although I suck at short hopping haha. I'm so used to Bowser's incredibly slow jump.

Next mini smashfest I have I'll be using Pichu only, it doesn't feel like I'm learning much with CPUs. Aaaand, I'll be getting a capture card soon so hopefully I'll have some videos in a couple of weeks or so.

So yeah, hi.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
What I dislike about the stickies is they don't tell you how to avoid grabs, pressure, good combo percents or break-down how combos work vs people like as falco I learned that shine WD to SH dair shine is normally the best way to start off vs fox/falco when it's flat if they're over a platform you full hop dair to shine. very flaoties you replace shines with up-tilt past some percents depending on your speed, percent, stage, and etc. if you play/watch enough falco you get a good feeling for his up and down combo game and how di effects it.

Because you see it a lot. also pichu I had to discover his juggle game vs fox/falco same with how to avoid grabs and to pressure them. without guides/videos that solidly explain it's hard to understand how far you can go with his upair game vs a FFer. do you know when you can and can't get a grab or when you must follow up with an air move? at 40ish % vs fox if you land a nair he'll fall over and miss his tech it has inhuman reaction time you could f-smash(frist few hits will miss maybe 2-3) and get him off stage of get a free grab.

I had to learn to look for these things. if you know a floaty just died to you from being hit by a nair nair again it's a legit combo most of the time if they're airbore only. I wish I knew this and I didn't know till I fought a puff did I figure it out. got 3 nairs in a row.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it would be nice to have some insight on pichu's metagame besides saying nair is good. some solid knowledge would be useful. Really think of all the tactics as pichu we solidly know and talk about?

Really none of the guides tell you how to deal with sheild grabbers, CCing and etc.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
how do you deal with sheik? I like to abuse sheik's easy to CC moves if you buffer the c-stick you'll CC all tilt, jabbs, needles, air moves, and most smashes so maybe d-smash works and grabs then you can DD d-tilt sheik or if you're hit grab or up-smash sheik in the face.

at low percents of course and not a strong as a normal CC just better in way of being able to run around. I learne dit playing as falcon I like to buffer d-throw as him and I know it helped worlds vs sheik as him when I fought my brother as falcon only way I could win against tilts when I when to grab. if d-smashed he'd risk missing and I'd land a knee grab. still a terrible terrible match-up. I call it the roy claw.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Lol, I hope you have fun losing a stock everytime you get grabbed. PAL ftw.

When I play against Peach I normally just try and space as well as I can and wait for her to commit to something.

So I like... double jump and agility around the place, changing my falling speed, etc... When she does a dash attack or whatever I punish, rinse and repeat.

Basic stuff.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I wouldn't run straight at shiek without attacking : P so grabs would lose to d-tilt and I would think you'd space it so you're under part of sheik's grab range like pichu can duck under like a 1/3 of sheik's grab.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
just watch out for peach she's the worse I swear sheik just takes the least amount of skill but if a sheik was serious then yeah sheik is the worse I geuss. death grabs on small stage, best at edge gaurding pichu and etc.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Have you ever dealt with good ice climbers as pichu? I don't see what we could do other than space d-tilt and jolts and maybe predict Wd grabs. maybe we could platform camp. i've never played a good ice climber player nair really doesn't even seem as abuseable you'll always land in front of them and they'll Light grab.

don't know they scare me a bit. I don't know how to be uber gay so I don't know how to beat them with uber gayness.

really I want to think peach/ice climbers are pichu's near impossible match-ups I know sheik and junk but i've nearly beaten a sheik main as pichu so I don't know. I don't know I wish I could play these match-ups more. marios are terrible and boring as h*** puff is a better/funner fight expect a 6 minute long match if you want to win.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
ICs are... horrible...

I've been 4-stocked by Sloth's ICs.

I really can't see what we can do against them, I resorted to running away and spamming jolts, everything else seemed to get me punished.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think d-tilt would be the only thing that works maybe if we platform camped I wish I had more good players to fight maybe i'd figure out how peach works and junk.

Also I hate how nana somehow ASDIs out of f-smash like everytime if she didn't as much that would be like an auto death on her.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
in the early verison like 1.1 or something it's harder SDi so that could be part of it. also never tell anyone how to SDI out how some people you never EVER use it on like flaots really only edge gaurd and FFers

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Most of the people I play are also Brawl players, so they instantly try and SDI anything with more than one hit-box xD

Yah, I only use it for edge-guarding really or when I mind-game my opponent to run into it.

<3 it against Falco.

Top Bottom