• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A National Circuit

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I am currently putting together a coalition of tournament hosts and leaders across the country with the intention of creating a single, new National Circuit. This Circuit is meant to be an independent circuit, made up of independent tournament hosts, and is intended to link together the country in the best way for this community as it stands.

This is not intended to be a replacement for MLG. It is decidedly different, and will be a set of regional circuits that all abide by certain policies to create a similar competitive environment. The independent community does not have the resources to run an MELEE-FC six times a year, nor can they afford to travel to them every time. By focusing on regional circuits first, opportunities will open up on a national level.

This is an independent effort by some of us that would like to see areas have increased participation, and to provide a way to compete at the highest level and be rewarded for it. It is meant to be an inclusive effort. I have tried to recruit leaders that I know of, and will attempt to include as many people as possible in whatever roles are available, though with this community I know there will likely be too many people wanting to step up rather than too few.

If a region is interested in forming a Circuit, then they may do so, though I am trying to cover major geographical areas rather than single states. The regional circuits will be modeled after the Midwest Circuit, which has been going for six months and has been a learning experience for all involved.

The Midwest Circuit has accomplished its goal, which was to focus and increase Midwest participation at regular events. While there have been controversies, there has been nothing outside of a normal growing process, and we will use the knowledge we gained from those events to help new Circuits along. I think that the creation of regional circuits will permanently benefit those regions, as they are a great way to grow the area.

I do not know if this will succeed or not, indeed, it is a great risk to even try. There will be those that support the idea and some that oppose it. For now, all I know is that there are some great leaders out there trying to help make this happen. I just figure, why not go for it?

Please stay tuned as our regional leaders start to make exciting announcements concerning your home region. I'd also like nominations for additional leaders, especially in the East, OR/WA/Norcal area and the SoCal/AZ area. I'm already talking with a few people, but your input is valuable to me.

Already on board with this project...
Northeast
Wes
Warrior of Zarona
omegawhitemage
Southeast PrinceZane
OurSaviorMarth
Mankosuki
South DoH
Dr Drew
Scav
Bluezaft
Midwest* KishSquared
AOB
Mathos
*Midwest is pending a council vote, but Jeff said to add them in. <_<

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I prefer my circuits to be integrated

As for the east, how about Tope? He is a crazy tall man with invisible attack hamsters

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i hope this can work out but i dont know. good luck to all trying this. i will try to do my part by attending these events.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i could tell you just about everything thats happened in md/va in the past couple months, is that what we need to do? just give you results and stuff, right?

mathos

Smash Champion
G-reg: I believe Prime is looking to setup circuits around the country with common rules. He's not really looking for results, unless you've got a circuit already in progress

KishPrime

BRoomer
G-reg, I'm willing to send what I'm looking for your way. I didn't know who to contact in TA, and I PMed plairnkk and Tope already. Someone just PM me if you're interested. >_<

Tink

Smash Hero
so, does this mean that we will have a BIG tourny, where every region comes together in the end? cause that would be tooo good!

KishPrime

BRoomer
We have to take baby steps first. With the creation of solid Regional Circuits, the national picture will come into play.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Actually we leave stages up to tournament hosts as always.

Not to mention we've compromised on every stage set on every tournament we've run in the past two years other than one Flame of Bowser. :p

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Are there any rules you want consistent between tournaments? Aside from the obvious ones of course....I'd like to have as much info as possible before contacting the others. I'm thinking either 3 or 4 tournaments per year, with the last being the regional championship.

Could you give some details for those of us who don't know much of the Midwest Circuit?

mathos

Smash Champion
Delphiki: Prime has an excellent set of policies to follow. I'm sure he can PM to you, but he he doesn't I have the PM in my message box. I could forward it to you.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Maybe I didn't...

Sorry all, I've been quite busy with life lately and haven't devoted my full attentions to this. I've got a couple names on the West Coast that I've been talking with.

I still haven't heard from anyone in VA/MD...

KishPrime

BRoomer
I will be unavailable to smashboards for a week. Please continue to contact me, but I will not be able to respond. I apologize, as this is getting close. Those of you I have contacted, feel free to begin putting together ideas on your own if you so choose, and I will speak with you when I return.

I don't see this working too well on the West Coast.
But if you need to contact someone, from WA, im always online and involved with WA smash. Aftermath for Oregon.

Top Bottom