• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A little honesty; a little apology

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I have moved on...its not you...its me...you're a great character...I will never love another like you...its just I am growing up...I am wondering what else is out there...I still hope we can be friends :D :D :D

Lols - the scoop is that Oli is no longer my true main. He's still my favorite, but I wanted a different playstyle...plus suicide side b FTW! I have moved on to Wolf, and wait for this...Bowser!!...I am curious if anyone is in the same boat...Brawl punishes people who don't have secondaries in my book. How many people have gotten a true secondary or have moved their oli down their list...??

RichBrown

Smash Master
I'm essentially in the same boat as zori, I simply am incapable of using any other character in the game. Thankfully I love oli, and I don't see myself switching mains anytime soon.

That being said, I actually have abandoned Olimar completely for doubles, I think he is awful for doubles. I use kirby for doubles now, and the way I use kirby is entirely geared for doubles. I'm trying to get kirby up to legit secondary status in case I gotta fight a good peach, luigi, or olimar.

It's sad to see you leave oli though, i've seen your vids and you are pretty good :/

the_real_toad

Smash Cadet
I've been alternating secondaries (which I play just as much as or maybe more than olimar) for a few months =/ I still play Olimar all the time but there are times where I want someone more aerial heavy and offensive. So I kinda picked up Wario and Wolf (and Marth but he was always my secondary so meh)

Anyway I hope you (and sliq) can do Bowser justice, he really needs it. Oh Wolf too, he's cool >_> lol

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying to find a secondary for awhile. I can't find anyone else I can play well.

I'm looking at DDD. Everyone else i've tried I just didn't like using. DDD has potential. But I doubt I'll ever find someone like Olimar again.

Awex

Smash Lord
=(

I have multiple secondaries (Primarily though, ROB, G&W and D3) but Olimar is definitely my best. ;x

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm headed in the opposite direction. I'm currently co-maining Link and Olimar, I'm teeter tottering in between the two. Good luck with your decision though. I mained Wolf for a little while and he's a really fun character. I can't say the same about Bowser, but I didn't try that hard to play him anyway

shanus

Smash Hero
I play a lot of characters, but oli is still my best. I'm installing Brawl+ this weekend though, I can't wait for melee-esque brawl :D

you should too shrink, i know you feel similarly to me

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Olimar is unquestionably my best character and will probably always be my best. I've used him since the first week of brawl, and now it would be too weird to main any other character. Wolf was my "first" main, but I got tired of his horrid recovery (not that Olimar's is better :p) and switched wolf to my 2nd and Oli to my first. Wolf kind of just faded away and I continued to get better with Oli. I started to 2nd MK, progressively got better with him, and almost ditched Olimar for him, until 1 day I played Oli randomly again, and I just wrecked. So, ditched MK cuz he was then thought of as gay, kept using Oli, and now I 2nd marth+kirby.

Well miss you shrink, but have fun with the spam king. If you ever beat a pro meta with Bowser, you HAVE to let us know.

Cook

Smash Master
I literally only use Olimar in tournaments. That may be a bad idea, but oh well. The only matchup that really bothers me is a ditto; Peach doesn't worry me THAT much.

Cook

Smash Master
I'm essentially in the same boat as zori, I simply am incapable of using any other character in the game. Thankfully I love oli, and I don't see myself switching mains anytime soon.

That being said, I actually have abandoned Olimar completely for doubles, I think he is awful for doubles. I use kirby for doubles now, and the way I use kirby is entirely geared for doubles. I'm trying to get kirby up to legit secondary status in case I gotta fight a good peach, luigi, or olimar.

It's sad to see you leave oli though, i've seen your vids and you are pretty good :/
I seem to do pretty well in doubles with Olimar.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Well that's the first i have seen give up on Olimar, i remember when Brawl came out i loved Olimar but everyone said that he sucked cause of his recovery. Well to me Olimar is broken.

ZeroSuitX

Smash Cadet
Olimar is unquestionably my best character and will probably always be my best. I've used him since the first week of brawl, and now it would be too weird to main any other character. Wolf was my "first" main, but I got tired of his horrid recovery (not that Olimar's is better :p) and switched wolf to my 2nd and Oli to my first. Wolf kind of just faded away and I continued to get better with Oli. I started to 2nd MK, progressively got better with him, and almost ditched Olimar for him, until 1 day I played Oli randomly again, and I just wrecked. So, ditched MK cuz he was then thought of as gay, kept using Oli, and now I 2nd marth+kirby.

Well miss you shrink, but have fun with the spam king. If you ever beat a pro meta with Bowser, you HAVE to let us know.
same here with the MK part.

I left MK cuz i notice i pwn hard with oli

and everyone calls me how cheap you r xP

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
ahhhh... you were pretty good with Oli. Why switch to wolf and bowser? You can pick from several characters with an Oli/??? team.

Oli/DDD
Oli/MK
Oli/Marth
Oli/Snake

They all do great.

Well... good luck.

Cook

Smash Master
ahhhh... you were pretty good with Oli. Why switch to wolf and bowser? You can pick from several characters with an Oli/??? team.

Oli/DDD
Oli/MK
Oli/Marth
Oli/Snake

They all do great.

Well... good luck.
I've had good luck with Olimar/Game &Watch

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I play a lot of characters, but oli is still my best. I'm installing Brawl+ this weekend though, I can't wait for melee-esque brawl :D

you should too shrink, i know you feel similarly to me
what did they all incorporate into this? just wavedash and l cancel? also - where do I download...big tourney this weekend then I am moving on to brawl + :D

P.S. - Sonic is toooooo fun :D but man he's bad... :p...btw I am making my bowser an mk counter just for you guys lols :D

shanus

Smash Hero
what did they all incorporate into this? just wavedash and l cancel? also - where do I download...big tourney this weekend then I am moving on to brawl + :D

P.S. - Sonic is toooooo fun :D but man he's bad... :p...btw I am making my bowser an mk counter just for you guys lols :D

melee airdodge system (includes wavedashing obv), L/S Cancelling, no tripping, hitstun increase, infinite length replay save, etc

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I secondary Ike, G&W, Ganondorf, and DDD. I've been working on Bowser, and man is that grab release sexy sh**.

oh yeah I also use Snake but I refuse to play with him in tournament. Call it misplaced scruples or whatnot like such as in the Iraq and like such as...

Top Bottom