• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A good secondary for a Sonic mainer

kreechure

Smash Rookie
Ok, so I know that Sonic is probably not one of the best characters to main, but ****it i won't let that stop me. However the matches i have trouble with (Meta Knight, Marth, and Falco) seem nearly unbeatable if they have some hint of skill (or if they're just good at spamming :mad:)

I just want to know who you guys use to shut down these characters so that i might be able to fight on more even terms.

ps: I'm god awful with Snake so thats not an option :chuckle:

R4ZE

Smash Ace
i had problems with those 3 when i first started using sonic, like major problems... but honestly i think sonic does fine against all of them...

mk is def the toughest and hardest to learn on that list, but mk is just good in general

try using ike or wolf.

ike is a big contrast from sonic tho, requires a whole different playstyle... also has about opposite strengths and weaknesses.

wolf.... pretty much anyone can pick up in 5 seconds, he has a spam range, good refloctor that can get ppl off your grill, and abusable fsmahs and dsmashes. his arials are also pretty good.... his weakness and only thing that really requires learning is his recovery, so i suggest you stay on the stage while learning him, dont go for chase kills or any kind of off the stage fancy kills.

or you may want to look into what characters counter them well.. (as in go to the MK and Marth boards and check their hard matchups... as far as i know.. falco I have no info... other than i did play him for a bit, and i think he has problems killing, and he is really light and easy to beat in general... imo.

Umby

Smash Master
Why do people always ask this question. I don't really want to offend the OP, but this question is simply ********. There's no real guideline to "if you play this character, then you'll most likely like to play this character as well!" Play whoever you feel comfortable with.

Browny

Smash Hater
seriously, get good with snake

if you really want to beat those characters, there is no better choice.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar's on par with Falco and Marth, but can't handle MK very well. :/ that's where pit comes in handy. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Why do people always ask this question. I don't really want to offend the OP, but this question is simply ********. There's no real guideline to "if you play this character, then you'll most likely like to play this character as well!" Play whoever you feel comfortable with.
than why does half this board play lucario as a second?

btw lucario is a really good choice for all 3 of those matches

Umby

Smash Master
than why does half this board play lucario as a second?

btw lucario is a really good choice for all 3 of those matches
The fact that they do use him as a secondary is not a reason or guideline to playing him. It is just a coincidence or a simple fact of reality.

xsonicx_13

Smash Cadet
my secondary is falcon so im not too worried about that other than the fact that he got worse

SonicSSJX the Hedgehog

Smash Apprentice
I use Lucario as a second main. Lucario is awesome and I have him in my Team in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. And because both Sonic and Lucario have Saiyan like natures (I call it that :p ). And that's because: Sonic has a Super (Saiyan) form, and Lucario has Aura (which he uses and is like "Ki") just like a Saiyan and he also shoots a Galick Gun out for his Final Smash (People say it's a Kamehameha because it's blue and a beam, but it's performed more like the Galick Gun and shot out like it too. Lucario's Aura Sphere is the Kamehameha, but in sphere form. Because it's also blue and is performed and shot out like it too). Then I use Mario and Diddy. I like characters who don't use weapons to fight, or use very few weapons to fight.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
i had problems with those 3 when i first started using sonic, like major problems... but honestly i think sonic does fine against all of them...

mk is def the toughest and hardest to learn on that list, but mk is just good in general

try using ike or wolf.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
ike vs. mk, marth, falco!? HEYLL NO!!

i say snake might do well...maybe

NNID
MasterHavik
My back up is Kirby and Ganon. When things get roguh when playing as Sonic. the PuffBall, and someone who cooler than Link.

nuff said

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
falco boards says G&W is their toughest matchup recorded so far. That might be where I'd start.
against both MK and Marth, one of their only bad matchups is against snake. Also, Falco has trouble with snake too ... But considering we're Sonic Mainers it might be tough to be able to play as both Sonic and Snake very, very well.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I use (without counting Sonic) Meta Knight, Fox, Wolf & Snake...
Sonic can handle Marth... I use Fox/Snake vs Metas and Fox/Meta vs the other one...
It works for me

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
Besides Sonic, I also play Jigglypuff (Because killing things with a pink ball with a wimpy name is awesome) and DayDayDay (Because he rocks, and he's a penguin.)

Its all a matter of preference, just choose whoever you can play as best. To tell you the truth, I just use Sonic for those match-ups, though I don't fight MK too much, my bros love to play Falco and Marth. I hear DK does great against MK though.

Sonic527

Smash Apprentice
I use toon link but only because I liked using young link in melee. Just try every character you have interest in and which ever one you find pretty easy to control, make him/her your secondary.

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
if im not using sonic, i usually whip out PT but seeing as how he has a tough time against mk, that not really a great matchup. squirtle really seems to be a good matchup for the marth and falco, at least for me

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Besides Sonic, I also play Jigglypuff (Because killing things with a pink ball with a wimpy name is awesome) and DayDayDay (Because he rocks, and he's a penguin.)

Its all a matter of preference, just choose whoever you can play as best. To tell you the truth, I just use Sonic for those match-ups, though I don't fight MK too much, my bros love to play Falco and Marth. I hear DK does great against MK though.
lol They're not the only ones who like to play Marth and Falco. Plus I play MK but you already knew that. I play all these Sonic counters. Why am I on the Sonic boards? I don't know. Just looking around.

AgentAO

Smash Journeyman
lol They're not the only ones who like to play Marth and Falco. Plus I play MK but you already knew that. I play all these Sonic counters. Why am I on the Sonic boards? I don't know. Just looking around.
No, they're the only ones who play Falco and Marth on a daily basis. I mean, I'd probably be better off switching characters for those match-ups, as they can beat me fairly easily, but I don't care much. And if you can play MK, then get over here, I wanna play against a good MK and see how I do.

Top Bottom