• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

a good back up to DK

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
based on that other kids thread i read... im kinda deciding between MK, Pit, or G&W.... i dont know who to use tho... im good with all of them but they are sooooo boring to play compared to DK... ive come to realize hes the only reason i still play this game hes so dang fun to control and i love his moves.... Pit seems very underrated to me, what do you guys think about using Pit as a backup for DK against D3 MK and wario??

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
when it comes to MK i still use DK. wario and D3 idk how good pit does against them but that SPAM is always good. i personally use fox for D3 and Marth for wario but im trying to train the rat atm, hes not level 100 yet and rare candys suck.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
Pits like a really crappy version of MK anyway.

just stay DK for that MU. we kill MK at 50%

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Who are the matchups 100% dk has no chance in??? Also im kinda digging falco now for a backup but I've heard he has troubles with snake and mk which correct me if I'm wrong DK is good at those matchups.

daisho

Smash Lord
The only unwinnable matchup is DK vs. DDD with the infinite. Without the infinite it is still a really hard matchup and if they know what they are doing you probably won't win.

Other than DDD you can win any matchup with DK.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
A good alt would be Falco for DK. He heavy counters D3 and probably covers the other bad matchups DK has.

crifer

Smash Lord
I go with Fox vs D3.
There are some matchups were I tend to play Fox,
but everything except D3 is doable.
Some tmes I go FOx vs Falco, Tink, Samus and Snake for fun :)
And I switch sometimes to Fox vs Wario, and if I have a stock lead,
I air camp him back xD that´s too good.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
Donkey Bong that's so true but so
stupid. Eliminating chain grabs would fix this broken game so much. So everyone here thinks Dk can hang with everyone but D3???

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
So I guess it sounds like I need someone for that d3 matchup. It just sucks all the other characters are boring to play compared to Dk. I honeslty hate meta knight he is no fun. I liked diddy but he requires to much thinking. It's either gonna be falco or pit but pit lacks killing power. Tough decision.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
At a high level of playing from a Wario and D3 you will have a very hard time winning. And I mean very hard. It's why I'm seriously considering picking up a secondary but I hate to lose faith in the big lug because I love him so much...

Wario has grab setups even at 0% and if he buffers perfect then you'll end with 110% or so and if he can do that, he's probably good enough to finish you with an Uair or Fsmash soon after.

DDD can camp badly and PS every move you have and grab you. That leads to the guaranteed Dtilt and then if he reads you better than you him then more damage from walled Bairs. Soon you'll be in range for that Utilt or fresh Bair from grab pummels.

All I'm saying is... at a high level of play where the other player knows what's up, you're not in for an easy ride regardless of how good you are.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
the only problem seconding falco is that you will have problem with the rat vs falco. also the rat is pretty good vs dk.

daisho

Smash Lord
MK is pretty bad but it probably isn't worth picking up a second since nobody will do that much better and anybody that does do better, the MK will know the matchup better. Better off sticking with your main.

Snake is fine, about even. You might have a problem with campy snakes.

Diddy is annoying. Matchup is only slight advantage for diddy because you can gimp him so easily and you don't die until at least 180. But on the ground he literally destroys you. You will get comboed up and down the stage.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
the only problem seconding falco is that you will have problem with the rat vs falco. also the rat is pretty good vs dk.
this is true, but pika is also a good 2nd for DK, for the D3 MU and for the Wario MU. pika does well in those.

SGF rocker

Smash Apprentice
ive still be been playing around im kinda getting into wario who i used to main not to long back... ive been studying some vids on him and ive learned how to use him more effectively hes pretty dang good. no one will take my dk away from me tho hes just to fun to play... in the next smash if they fix chain grabs DK will def be a top tier character. so with all this being said im down to pit and wario now, i ruled out falco hes just not fun to play either hes boring.

Top Bottom