• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A farewell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
To those, if any, who care, I will be quitting Smash all together. For those who know, which would just be GA players i suppose, i said that i would be quitting in April. i've decided to just make it effective immediately instead. i am posting to say that all i have met from other states, it was nice to meet you, and it was fun. since i will no longer be attending tournaments, i suppose that i won't see you all again. at least, not guaranteed to, anyway. for the players in my own state, basically the same thing. i don't plan on attending any Smash events in the near future, so i probably won't see the majority of you at all. take care, you guys.

P.S. - i probably will not be on Smashboards very much after the next couple of days, either, so you know.

Frames

DI
Marty are you serious!? Man i'm gonna miss you, and I wish you the best of luck in whatever you do from here on out! Just promise me that next time me and the FL boys are up there for a tournament we can hang out at least!

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Well At least we finally had a chance to team LOL.

It's straight dude. It's not like no smash= Friendship over. But that would prolly mean I wont see u as much anymore :/. Just don't quit 2d fighters!!! You're too good for that lol

at the same time most of my crew members in DA are thinking about quitting smash too. CoT was the final nail in the coffin for some of them.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I remember the first time I met you Marty... at smash aid vii

we were all hanging out in the parking lot... and you came over and you were like

"man I just love takin' showers... people always want to go dancing and ****. man **** clubbing, I'm gonna shower"

was pretty much the coolest thing I'd ever heard

miss you mangz

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Regardless of what anyone says, Marty, I'll still think you're mafia.

rock on, dude.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
:(

**** man...

You know, it's kinda funny. I was thinking about you today. I was at Sonic trying to coerce free food from them (I used to work there haha) and this cook comes out and he looked just like you! I had to do a double take because I was like "****... hey Marty get me my free chicken san... oh wait... :( "

You'll be missed...

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Peace and much love to the man who taught me the way of the bros. Of course we will still talk and whatnot because Im not a scrub and plan to play SF4 :D

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Marty, you're an amazing guy. Highly animated and absolutely hilarious... truly charismatic, yet well grounded. If you're out of the melee scene then I don't think I'll see you again, though I hope I run into you. Good luck with what you do.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@Dark Hart - to be honest, i don't really enjoy smash very much anymore. the only time i enjoy myself is if i am at a huge tournament. and even then, i don't even like playing very much, and i go just to see people. in short, i feel my time could be better spent(i.e. SFIV, HDR, TvC).

@Frames and the rest of FL - i will try to fulfill my TO4 promise, and make it to one last big FL tourney. i DID promise, after all. and, at that time, QDVS, we will play...

@Alpha - ...i think you'll live if I don't make you laugh. just get someone else to do it.

@Tom - thanks, man. i didn't think ANYONE had that high of an opinion of me. i think you are mad cool too, man.

@Jack - you'll find i'm basically a deadbeat dad...pm me your AIM. i lost the little sheet of paper with it on there.

@TRC - dood, showers are SOO refreshing. i love 'em. why are you never on AIM?

@Desu - if you decide to play in something besides smash tourneys, scrub =p

@Everyone - thanks, and GL to all of you, too. i mean it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I hope to see you around at some point in the future. You will be missed.

I just hope it's...worth it. :(

*lowers head*

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I'm retiring too.

I joined the boards 2/15/05, so 4 years has been long enough. I've actually been feeling like this for a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd hold out till now.

It's not that I'll ever play again, but smash is no longer the priority it once was for me. I reckon I'll be around for gigabits melee tournaments still. (Jav, I'll be there to team on pi day, I said I would before now.)

See y'all around.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
@Dark Hart - to be honest, i don't really enjoy smash very much anymore. the only time i enjoy myself is if i am at a huge tournament. and even then, i don't even like playing very much, and i go just to see people. in short, i feel my time could be better spent(i.e. SFIV, HDR, TvC).
Well, I don't know you, but I've heard a lot about you. You seem to be an awesome guy. (And you commentated your own match, too good) If it means anything to you, I respect your reason, and I hope that if you decide to go to an event, that I'm at it and I get to meet you.

chaddd

Smash Lord
To those, if any, who care, I will be quitting Smash all together. For those who know, which would just be GA players i suppose, i said that i would be quitting in April. i've decided to just make it effective immediately instead. i am posting to say that all i have met from other states, it was nice to meet you, and it was fun. since i will no longer be attending tournaments, i suppose that i won't see you all again. at least, not guaranteed to, anyway. for the players in my own state, basically the same thing. i don't plan on attending any Smash events in the near future, so i probably won't see the majority of you at all. take care, you guys.

P.S. - i probably will not be on Smashboards very much after the next couple of days, either, so you know.
You'll be back.

EDIT: This is absolutely and completely the only applicable response to any smasher that "quits" as we all know that you don't just quit playing one of the most fun games ever. Nobody can do it. It's like quitting smoking. You'll be back.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm retiring too.

I joined the boards 2/15/05, so 4 years has been long enough. I've actually been feeling like this for a couple of weeks, but I thought I'd hold out till now.

It's not that I'll ever play again, but smash is no longer the priority it once was for me. I reckon I'll be around for gigabits melee tournaments still. (Jav, I'll be there to team on pi day, I said I would before now.)

See y'all around.
This is now officially the smash retirement thread.
Anyone else wanna join them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom